Paris Hiltons First Music Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
let me get this out of the way first: i loathe Paris.

South Park hit it on the head -- Stupid Spoiled Whore.

however, is it bad that this was better than i thought it was going to be?

granted, i thought it would be the worst thing ever, and it wasn't, and there's something about a blond nitwit frolicking on the beach and lip-synching to her own heavily, heavily treated vocals that's almost endearing.

:heart: indra :heart:

Now now Yertle. I will quite happily ponce about with my Baltimora and my Linkin Park and even Miss Aguilera's horrendous most recent tan-in-a-can; it's nowt to do with a "real music" complex and more about the fact that I can download better "watch me lipsynch to my favorite bubblegum pop" from MySpace than this crap....

Irvine511 said:
let me get this out of the way first: i loathe Paris.

however, is it bad that this was better than i thought it was going to be?
Agreed on both points. Honestly this wasn't half as bad as I thought it'd be. Instead of something hideous it's just generic teenie-pop sound, nebulous crap.

Which, compared to how I thought it would sound, is actually better than what I expected. The chorus is missing a musical hook, unfortunately.

And people comparing this to Blondie's cover of The Tide Is High - I hate to break it to you but there's a whole style of music played on the upbeat :wink:

I still can't believe she got a record deal.

Are record companies just giving record deals away now?

She can't sing. Does anyone REALLY think she can ACTUALLY sing?

I'll bet that when she starts 'singing' live, she'll be worse than Ashley Simpson, and THAT, my friends, is TRULY saying something.

If no one had said anything about about who the artist was just by hearing the song I would've though it was Gwen Stefani.

Trying to be objective here and ...I like it. :wave:

BrownEyedBoy said:
If no one had said anything about about who the artist was just by hearing the song I would've though it was Gwen Stefani.

Trying to be objective here and ...I like it. :wave:

Gwen can be better... The can make those kind of vibrattos in the end of the sentences and she's a Madonna wannabee, what makes her better.

^Yes, that is what it reminded me of - I think the song is 'Kingston Town' by UB40.

Listen, it could be worse.
Aaron Carter.
Nuff said.

And that's how I beat Shaq!

I have mixed feelings about Paris Hilton.,....

On the one hand, she's a basic blonde, rich, young, spoiled brat with a "Look-at-me" attitude and nothing else to do but party-party-party, but on the other hand I've read that she does a lot of good charity work so I guess that would redeem her.

As for her "music" career.....well we all know who's running the biz these days, right?

*sighs*....Oh for the days of Simon & Garfunkel, The Beatles, Pink Floyd.......... and for the days when LYRICS were king.

people.com

After a brief moment of peace, it seems that Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan are on the outs again.

The rift started Monday at New York City club Butter, when Hilton confronted Lohan about dating her ex, Stavros Niarchos. Then, in the wee hours of Wednesday morning, the ladies had a different kind of battle at the Big Apple hot spot, Stereo – a dance-off.

It began after the hotel heiress arrived at the club where Lohan was helping a pal deejay an '80s music set. Eventually, Lohan and Hilton ended up in the VIP section where both stars danced for hours. "Neither wanted to leave and it kept going," a source tells us. "No one was going to leave before the other."

Still, the feuding duo never even acknowledged each other. "They were really dancing, non-stop. It was funny," the source adds. "They didn't say a word to each other, but they were literally a foot-and-a-half away from each other the entire time."

The ladies kept their competition going until Stereo's owner finally closed the doors at 7 a.m (call it a draw). But there's always a chance for another battle of the boogie. "Round one is over," says our insider. "Maybe we'll have round two."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom