Pablo Honey appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Basstrap

ONE love, blood, life
I was listening to this today.
Its a fucking gold cd!! Great licks, clever lyrics, just good old fasioned brit rock and roll. Bring it on!

Best tracks: You, Stop Whispering, Thinking about you, Anyone can Play, Creep

I remember when I first saw creep like 8 or 9 years ago. I FREAKED out! the way the chorus came in, the bridge where he goes higher and higher..."run, run, run, ruuuuuuuuunnn...." beautiful!

I wanna be wanna be wanna be jim morrison

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

Yes I like thier early stuff.

------------------
You've got me feeling hella good
So let's just keep on dancing...

sicy@interference.com
My Lair

it's an ok album, I remember when I first heard it I half dismissed radiohead until The Bends, I have to honestly say I rarely listen to that first album and if not for the albums that followed it, I would have long since forgotten about it altogether

wanderer dont say that, cause your not dating her and your not her boyfriend and shes not your girlfriend.

------------------
after years of waiting, nothing came.

I'm not sure I follow you, this sort of behavior is allowed to exist at all? you need to form a tight, scrict policy if you want to gain the respect of the moral majority

i do need the moral majority for sure.

ive talked to elvis about this tonite, and he wasnt ammused. i imagine everyone believes im joking around. im not. this is for real, there is nothing funny about this.

the election will take please even if my interference membership is risked. the reward justifies the risk.

------------------
after years of waiting, nothing came.

[This message has been edited by Zoomerang96 (edited 05-21-2002).]

Oh and to actually reply to the thread, Pablo Honey seems like a good album to me, just Radiohead when they were young guys thrashing around with guitars and not really concerned with anything else. It doesnt sound like something terribly deep of introspective but it has its moments.

I think sicy, wanderer and zooboy should all GET A ROOM!

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

eek.gif

errr...ummm...yes. that sure is a good album yes sirree.

note to self: don't read topics about radiohead.

------------------
Beneath the heart of darkness/ Lies an old machine that's reeling/ Forgotten dust and sunlight/ Silent and removed from feeling/ The peace in my mind is drowning, fading down/ There's nothing left burning, it's all out

Thinking about you...

Ever notice that this song has an eerie strumming rhythm which goes along with the subject matter... it just want to make you play along too...

I used to really love Pablo Honey, I dont listen to so much Radiohead anymore (I dont think much of their new stuff tbh...) but its still a great album, I prefer it to OK Computer really. The Bends is their best album for me though.

Back
Top Bottom