Owen Wilson reportedly attempts suicide

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Canadiens1131

ONE love, blood, life
:(

17769wx1.jpg

where do you see it as a suicide.. Just saying he's being hospitalized and that isn't even confirmed..

nevermind.. I see it on perez hilton.. such a reliable source..:|

Wow, parallels to his brother's scene in The Royal Tenenbaums.

He's one of my favorite actors and I hope he's okay. :up:

Wow, that was out of the blue. Though it hasn't been confirmed as a suicide attempt.

I never really thought twice about Owen Wilson until I saw him in The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. Then, I thought Wow, this guy's a pretty decent actor.

Oh, I also saw him while I was standing in line (for over 9 hours!) to get last minute release tickets for Vertigo when they played the Anaheim, CA Pond. About 5 - minutes before 9:00, Owen was dropped off in a limo. Some girl fans ran over and he took time to be in pictures with them. A couple minutes later Rick Rubin pulled up in his limo, and I think, the two of them walked in together, though I could be mistaken about that . . . since it was back in April of '05. At the time I remember thinking it was pretty cool of him to stop and take pictures with some fans.

Read that this morning, apparently he had cut himself and had an almost empty bottle of pills by his side :| :sad:

Really sad, I'm a big fan. We were talking about it in school today, and our teacher said Ben Stiller has bipolar.

Here's the latest developments ... :hmm:

Police Log Shows Owen Wilson Call
By Associated Press
2 hours ago

SANTA MONICA, Calif. - Police were called to Owen Wilson's home because of an attempted suicide report, according to a police log of weekend calls.

The log doesn't indicate who made the call Sunday, but lists "attempt suicide" as the reason for it.

Wilson was in good condition Monday at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. Hospital officials said Tuesday they weren't releasing any updated information.

The actor's publicist, Ina Treciokas, declined to answer questions Tuesday about whether Wilson attempted to commit suicide. She said Wilson's statement asking for privacy was all that was being released.

Wilson had two movies in production and two more upcoming releases to help promote.

DreamWorks Pictures said in a statement that filming continues on "Tropic Thunder," a comedy starring Wilson. The studio offered no details on whether Wilson's role in the film, directed by Ben Stiller and starring Jack Black, would be recast.

It was also unknown if Wilson's hospitalization would affect his appearance opposite Jennifer Aniston in the 20th Century Fox comedy "Marley & Me."

A Fox spokesman told Hollywood trade paper Daily Variety that "it's a totally inappropriate question at this time" whether he would appear in the movie.

Wilson's hospitalization could also keep him from helping promote "The Darjeeling Limited," in which he stars alongside Adrien Brody and Jason Schwartzman. The Fox Searchlight film was to be released next month.

Paramount also had a Wilson film due out in March: the Judd Apatow-produced "Drillbit Taylor."

The 38-year-old actor was initially taken by ambulance from his home to Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica on Sunday and later transferred to Cedars.

The police log shows the initial call came in at 12:08 p.m. and cleared at 5:17 p.m. and a report was filed. Police said Monday that privacy laws prohibited them from releasing that document.

The police log was obtained Tuesday by CelebTV.com.

Treciokas released a brief statement on Wilson's behalf: "I respectfully ask that the media allow me to receive care and heal in private during this difficult time."

Very sad if indeed the gossip rumor and perceptions are true. I as a fan will be understanding and respect his and his family's privacy. I hope he heals. I love his work!

The latest news...

from People.com:

Owen Wilson Drops Out of New Ben Stiller Movie
WEDNESDAY AUGUST 29, 2007 09:00 AM EDT

By Simon Perry

Owen Wilson has placed his acting career on hold as he recovers from his suicide attempt.

Wilson, 38, has dropped out of Tropic Thunder, a movie comedy for DreamWorks he was set to begin shooting in two to three weeks with longtime pal Ben Stiller, Variety reports.

Wilson's role was due to take a week, according to the trade paper. Stiller – who is producing, directing and starring in the film – started shooting in Hawaii six weeks ago.

The decision for Wilson to sit out the project was apparently mutual between him and Stiller, and it is unclear whether Wilson will be replaced or if his role will be dropped from the script, says Variety.

Tropic Thunder involves a group of actors on the location set of a war movie who find themselves caught up in a real-life conflict. The comedy also stars Jack Black, Robert Downey, Jr. and Nick Nolte.

Wilson and Stiller, 41, have starred together in eight movies: The Cable Guy (1996), Permanent Midnight (1998), Meet the Parents (2000), Zoolander (2001), The Royal Tenenbaums (2001), Starsky & Hutch (2004), Meet the Fockers (2004) and Night at the Museum (2006).

Wilson is currently in Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles after being taken there Sunday. In his only statement since then, the leading man has asked to be given the privacy to "heal."

Neither DreamWorks nor Wilson's reps have commented on the casting development.

understandable I am sure.. take as much time as needed Owen.. :hug:

Back
Top Bottom