Outkast's comment regarding U2 - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-03-2002, 01:03 PM   #21
Acrobat
 
PrincessBadgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 313
Local Time: 11:43 AM
Well after their grammy performance *the guy wearing a pink jumpsuit lookin' dress and a silk ladies shirt* I'd have to assume that any artist that goes to those extremes to be womanly is at the end of their rope. And my Outkast seems to have been at the end of their rope from the very beginning in this case.

------------------
I will sing, sing a new song.
How long to sing this song?

Fengche@aol.com

[This message has been edited by PrincessBadgirl (edited 03-03-2002).]
__________________

PrincessBadgirl is offline  
Old 03-03-2002, 03:34 PM   #22
The Fly
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: definitely NOT from UCLA :)
Posts: 124
Local Time: 08:43 AM
lol, Princess Badgirl...
OutKast at the end of their rope???

They are only the most creative and freshest-sounding act to come out of hip-hop in the past 5 years. Theyve advanced the genre leaps and bounds, and Stankonia is considered by many to be an instant classic.

In addition, that remark is funny, since if you took into consideration the Macphisto character of ZooTV. Were U2 at the end of their rope then?
__________________

UCLAforU2 is offline  
Old 03-03-2002, 10:30 PM   #23
Acrobat
 
PrincessBadgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: New York
Posts: 313
Local Time: 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by UCLAforU2:
lol, Princess Badgirl...
OutKast at the end of their rope???

They are only the most creative and freshest-sounding act to come out of hip-hop in the past 5 years. Theyve advanced the genre leaps and bounds, and Stankonia is considered by many to be an instant classic.

In addition, that remark is funny, since if you took into consideration the Macphisto character of ZooTV. Were U2 at the end of their rope then?
I dunno maybe they were but that was an act I have a feelin' this guy isn't acting and if he is what's the name of these characters he's pulling out of a hat?? ... but that still doesn't make outkast any more innocent in this case- they're still a new act so talking stuff about veterans in the music biz doesn't make them appear any smarter than the average fast talkers no matter if their album is classic stuff or not. Why don't they say things like that about other artists like rappers? ... I bet they think twice.

I'm just tired of people jumping on U2 about things that really don't concern them. Seems like the most unsuspecting of artists have things to say about U2- who's next Vanilla Ice talking about how Bono's old now???

------------------
I will sing, sing a new song.
How long to sing this song?

Fengche@aol.com

[This message has been edited by PrincessBadgirl (edited 03-03-2002).]
PrincessBadgirl is offline  
Old 03-03-2002, 11:28 PM   #24
I'm a chauvinist leprechaun
 
Lemonite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Notre Dame, IN, 46556
Posts: 1,072
Local Time: 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by PrincessBadgirl:
but that still doesn't make outkast any more innocent in this case- they're still a new act so talking stuff about veterans in the music biz doesn't make them appear any smarter than the average fast talkers no matter if their album is classic stuff or not.
Uhh... Outkast.. 'A New Act'?... 'In the Past 5 Years'... *SigH*.. Outkast has been hot in the Hip Hop world since 1994, and no .. this is not just the underground Hip Hop world.. Mainstream.. and they've been big since 1995 with ATLiens.. But these guys are not 'new' in any sense of the word.. I bet you think Rosa Parks came from their First album... Rephrased... Rosa Parks was from their first album.. Actually it was their Third Album.. and Stankonia was their Fourth..

They can talk if they want to.. Anyways, I'd check their first two albums out as you've apparently been lost to their existence.. They're the classic stuff that Stankonia and Gasoline Dreams was built off of.

If all you know of them is Rosa Parks, and Mrs. Jackson, and you like those.. You've got soo many surprises.. It's like a U2 Fan sitting on the Pop album and saying 'OMG this is Great' having no idea of the revolutionary shit that is there waiting from U2.

L.Unplugged
Lemonite is offline  
Old 03-03-2002, 11:57 PM   #25
The Fly
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: definitely NOT from UCLA :)
Posts: 124
Local Time: 08:43 AM
lol lemonite, sorry, i still have issues counting my years since 2000, your right, its more than 5 years. Im an ass Actually, I own everything back to Southernplayalisticcadilacmusic (phenomenal debut album), so its not that i dont know how old they are

[This message has been edited by UCLAforU2 (edited 03-03-2002).]
UCLAforU2 is offline  
Old 03-03-2002, 11:58 PM   #26
Acrobat
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Queen Lurker
Posts: 323
Local Time: 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Lemonite:
Uhh... Outkast.. 'A New Act'?... 'In the Past 5 Years'... *SigH*.. Outkast has been hot in the Hip Hop world since 1994, and no .. this is not just the underground Hip Hop world.. Mainstream.. and they've been big since 1995 with ATLiens.. But these guys are not 'new' in any sense of the word.. I bet you think Rosa Parks came from their First album... Rephrased... Rosa Parks was from their first album.. Actually it was their Third Album.. and Stankonia was their Fourth..

They can talk if they want to.. Anyways, I'd check their first two albums out as you've apparently been lost to their existence.. They're the classic stuff that Stankonia and Gasoline Dreams was built off of.

If all you know of them is Rosa Parks, and Mrs. Jackson, and you like those.. You've got soo many surprises.. It's like a U2 Fan sitting on the Pop album and saying 'OMG this is Great' having no idea of the revolutionary shit that is there waiting from U2.

L.Unplugged
Exacto-mundo. You said it perfectly, and I liked your Pop analogy - it puts it all in perspective...

__________________

adam's_mistress is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×