Ours..Who are they?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropamanda

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I've been hearing talk about this band called Ours but havent heard any of their songs.Some fans on a Jeff Buckley board are raving about them.
Can someone fill me in and tell me the names of some of their tunes?
Am I totally out of the loop?

------------------
*I am a cowgirl of funk*

try some tracks like:

Dancing Alone (my fav)
Here is the Light
Sometimes (popular US single)
Drowning
Medication

I don't know, hopefully some other people will give you a better perspective, I bought the cd last year and wasn't that crazy about it, I really dont listen to it, sorry, it's really nothing at all like Jeff Buckley (though at times the singer sounds like him that's as far as it goes)

hmmm..now I thought they sounded familiar. Maybe u already mentioned them to me?
I dunno
Thanks
smile.gif

I really like Ours' "Distorted Lullabies" album, but I agree that it's not like Jeff Buckley. His voice sometimes sounds like Buckley's, and I think that's where the similarities come from. Anyway, if you listen to "Sometimes," it will probably sound familiar to you. It was one of those MTV2 Handpicked things. The album is a lot darker than Jeff Buckley, but I think that the lead singer and Jeff Buckley knew each other, which is another reason Buckley fans like Ours.

------------------
"I don't particularly like myth, but to me mystery is everything." --The Edge
"Left my sweet soul beneath the bedclothes/ I?m not coming down/ Walls have ears/ but no one hears/ when nobody?s around"--Starsailor

Even though they only have one album out so far, if you don't count the demo made in 1993 "sour", I'm a huge fan!!

I can't wait until the new album in september!!

His voice is the perfect amalgamation of Jeff Buckley on the high end, and Bono/Thom Yorke on the lower ends. Amazing and chilling!

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

wow, the musical diversity of u2 fans never ceases to amaze me. i didn't know people knew ours. i love distorted lullabies...it's one of my favorite albums. i didn't know they had another one coming out in sept. though....exciting stuff!

------------------
"Just tell 'em what they wanna hear & nobody will complain."

I only know the one song they were playing the vid for on MTV2 but I've been interested in them since then. Just take forever to buy cds
smile.gif

the singer does sound like Jeff Buckley and that's about all I really know

Back
Top Bottom