Other New Muse Songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LJT

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Muse played yesterday in a mini festival in Dundee Scotland...they played 2 new songs other than Supermassive Black Hole.

First up Supermassive is certainly played a bit heavier live, which may help those who disliked it at first.

http://download.ysi.com/4188F2A5016411E3
Supermassive Black Hole

Next song, Knights of Cydonia, immediate reaction, crap name, as well here in Ireland there is an apple soft drink called Cidona, made me think the Muse guys had chosen the wrong king to serve, though it is an extremely nice drink:wink:

The song itself I can only think of as being very Thin Lizzy like, it gave off the same feeling to me as the song Emerald does, it is epic, around 6 minutes long, and there is some very Thin Lizzyish guitar just before the end. Overall amazing song me thinks:D

http://download.ysi.com/1518124F56B98148
Knights of Cydonia ver 1 (guitars and vocals more prominent in this boot)

http://download.ysicom/1BADC0A67DBD83F6
Knights of Cydonia ver 2 (better mix and sound balance, more prominent drums)

Lastly Starlight, hmm probably the lightest feeling song Muse have put to record, even though lyrics are still dark, the song is uhh umm Coldplayish sounding i think with the way the piano and guitar are used, I know some people will hate this description, best thing I could think of, but it is like Coldplay done really really well...hell I guess you could replace Coldplay with U2 as my reference as some guitar is Edgelike, with lots of traditional Muse elements, and the synth sounds like a sound from Final Fantasy VII:p Bass is quite heavy in places too......It is Muse just not like anything I've heard from them before tis all...love the song once again:wink:

http://download.ysi.com/B178CF91667B0C5E
Starlight (There is a small skip in this, tiny though)

I think this new record will be a very divisive record in Muse's career, I think they will lose a lot of fans, those especially who only like Muse as i've heard from them for 'being heavy' (I'm not sure I would have ever caused Muse heavy though, dark certainly, rock definitely)...but i've been seeing this gradual movement away from Muse since Absolution, lots of previous Muse fans didn't like Muse trying to be epic as such....this record seems like it is going to be even more eclectic....they will probably gain as much fans as they lose though.

Enjoy anyway;)

Oh, thanks :D I'm downloading now - I've only heard Supermassive Black Hole (the single version). So I'm really looking forward to hearing these tracks!

Thanks again :wink:

Last edited:
Dude, these sound fantastic!!! :drool: thank you sooo much. I can't wait for this album now!

Muse, forgotten how to rock? Supermassive Black Hole and Knights of Cydonia both sound pretty rockin' to me! :rockon: I love Starlight too. Forget Coldplay, it's very U2y, but it's also distinctly Muse.

if anyone is bored and wants to send me the single version of supermassive black hole - woolymammals@gmail.com :D

Especially because of Bono involved in the soundtrack of Pirates of the Caribbean:drool:

Matt Bellamy would make a good pirate me thinks, in one of those stripey blue and whit tops....

I would make a brilliant pirate would just need to braid one wee bit of my hair get a fancy cap, grow a goatee and away I go.

Alright, I'm downloading Knights Of Cydonia.

Please don't suck like Supermassive Black Hole, please don't suck like Supermassive Black Hole, please don't suck like Supermassive Black Hole, please don't suck like Supermassive Black Hole, please don't suck like Supermassive Black Hole, please don't suck like Supermassive Black Hole.

hey I like SMBH:wink:

The other two songs are far better than it though:D

Every time I think of Supermassive Black Hole, I have to play Hysteria to remind myself why I like Muse.

I hope I don't have to do it with this song too.

You shouldn't have too;)

I still don't get why so many Muse fans are having a problem with SMBH :hmm:

LJT said:

I really like it...that riff is killer and I like the heavy drums. It's maybe the vocals that people don't like...I do think the falsetto is a little over the top. But hey, if you dig Lemon...:wink:

A lot of Muse fans I know, don't like Muse changing at all, they just want them to stick to the same thing...hence why I think Muse may lose a bunch of fans because of this record, then again I know a few people who really like SMBH and they aren't generally Muse fans....they may win as much as they lose.

I like the fact that they're changing their sound slightly, I really liked their old stuff - my fave song is Citizen Erased, but SMBH is good. Live it sounds even better...

It does indeed, what do you think of the other two?

LJT said:
You shouldn't have too;)

It was pretty good, though I played Hysteria afterwards anyway because it's just such a great song. :wink:

I think the answer you're looking for is "because SMBH just isn't all that good".

I think your answer is wrong:wink:

Have you checked out the live version of it?

Well if it is better, it might take the edge of it being a bad song for you...if you still don't like it, no gain no loss:shrug:

:wink:

I finally heard Supermassive Black Hole. :crack:

When is the album going to be released in the US?

haha addicted to it?.....I only know its out on the 3rd July here.

The more I listen to Supermassive Black Hole, the more I like it. It sounds like some unholy mix of Discotheque, Crazy Beat (Blur) and Staying Alive, with some good old-fashioned crack added in.

Back
Top Bottom