Other bands you like...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooroper

The Fly
since i'm new here, it would be nice to know what other bands besied U2 you like. maybe there has been a topic like this, but i'm too lazy to find it. :)

ok, here's my list:

Joy Division / New Order
The Smiths / Morrissey
REM
Neil Young
Massive Attack
Slowdive / Mojave 3
Pixies

etc---

Some are no longer recording but still I go back to albums quite a bit..

Snow Patrol
My Bloody Valentine (check out album "Loveless" - not for everyone but its remarkable)
The Smiths
Goldfrapp
VAST
Talk Talk
Sisters of Mercy
Collective Soul
Joy Division
Interpol
Grant Lee Buffalo

............. and others

VAST? Why is it that when one of these strings goes up, people always cite relatively obscure bands/artists? "My favorite band is a collection sub-Saharan nomads who gather to play tenor horns made of various indigenous weeds and sticks, on the first Tuesday after a new record rainfall, during the month of October, in odd numbered years. They’re called ‘The Putrid Breeze’. You wouldn't know them, but they are the greatest band ever." All due respect to Jon Crosby, but how come nobody likes the Beatles, The Stones or The Who? Just wondering.

clipper699 said:
VAST? Why is it that when one of these strings goes up, people always cite relatively obscure bands/artists? "My favorite band is a collection sub-Saharan nomads who gather to play tenor horns made of various indigenous weeds and sticks, on the first Tuesday after a new record rainfall, during the month of October, in odd numbered years. They’re called ‘The Putrid Breeze’. You wouldn't know them, but they are the greatest band ever." All due respect to Jon Crosby, but how come nobody likes the Beatles, The Stones or The Who? Just wondering.

what, 2 poeple have posted in this thread?

i hardly think a couple newbie's favorite band lists represents the entire forum.

i'm not answering this on principle, i'm sick and tired of these threads everytime a new person wanders into the forum.

what "other bands"?? this whole bang and clatter section is about OTHER BANDS.

Genesis
Massive Attack
Pink Floyd
Garbage
Audioslave
RHCP
REM
Camel
IQ
Queen
Nirvana
Radiohead
and more and more and more and more

RADIOHEAD!! (<------ A new album!!! PLEASE!)
Coldplay!!
The Strokes
The Walkmen (a.k.a. my neighbors)
Cafe Tacuba
Bunbury
Beck (Acoustic)
and many more... but this is basically the top of the list.

I don't have many other than U2, but oh well.

Radiohead
Pink Floyd
The Doors
Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Clash
Creedence Clearwater Revival

And that's about it. :huh:

EDIT: Didn't realise this could include individual musicians - thought it was strictly bands. In that case, I'm a big Don McLean fan as well.

Last edited:
REM
Scissor Sisters
Goldfrapp
Hope of the States
Radiohead
Coldplay
Franz Ferdinand
Mazzy Star
Bloc Party
Talk Talk
Le Tigre

clipper699 said:

Probably because the people who cite these relatively obscure bands/artists actually like them. I realize this concept probably boggles your mind, but not everyone picks the bands they like based on popularity.

As for the Beatles, the Rolling Stonesa, and the Who...I don't list them because it's just so obvious. I mean who doesn't like at least a few songs by them? :shrug:

u2
radiohead
elliott smith
david crowder band
rebecca st james
jennifer knapp
eric matthews
the beatles
black rebel motorcycle blub
starflyer 59
benjamin gate

bayernfc said:
Someone's gotta have the link to the other threads.

:| i'm too lazy to go find them.

actually, i looked back a couple pages and didn't see any. i saw about 3 or 4 "what bands have you seen" threads, though :crack:

:sigh: This thread appears about every month. Why do I respond everytime!! :lol: :)

In no particular order:

-Coldplay
-Bruce Springsteen
-The Rolling Stones (someone said this is obvious, I like alot of songs by them not just a few and they are outstanding live, this applies to Bruce above as well!!)
-INXS
-Simple Minds
-The Police
-Collective Soul
-Van Halen
-The Cult
-REM

a perfect circle
bjork
guns n roses
lisa germano
massive attack
nine inch nails
oasis
prodigy
tool
u2 (oh really?)

there are many others, but these are the bands i listen more.

Last edited:
clipper699 said:

have you ever seen a really beautiful girl on the street you've never seen before? if she's so beautiful, why isn't she on tv and on the front of ever magazine?

as for my bands, i like kylie, justin timberlake, the gin blossoms, some madonna, donna lewis, and augie march.

The Beatles
The Rolling Stones
Queen
My Bloody Valentine <-- these guys are awesome
Nirvana
Weezer
Radiohead

Back
Top Bottom