Oteha Valley Road, Tāmaki-makau-rau, Te Ika-a-Māui Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd watch that.

Ian vs the Warriors.

I'll put $100 on "Ian breaks a bone within ten minutes", thanks.

We do need to get this thread out of Australia and New Zealand more often. Six of the last ten have been down here!

Looks like we've only been to a few in Florida before. My favourite is Frostproof. "What shall we call this place? Oh I don't know, let's make a bold statement about the weather. Because that can't possibly change!"

Looks like we've only been to a few in Florida before. My favourite is Frostproof. "What shall we call this place? Oh I don't know, let's make a bold statement about the weather. Because that can't possibly change!"

I could give you like 10-20 good ones.

Lorida, Florida comes to mind.

Fuck me I just realised we're halfway through December.

NO THIS IS NOT ALLOWED.

BACK TO JULY.

...I don't think I get the joke.

I am, admittedly, hungover, which is weird given last night I drank less than I normally would on a drinking night.

So in the US our grading system is:

A 90-100
B 80-89
C 70-79 (average)
D 60-69
F < 60 (fail)

But also for pass/fail classes we have:
S (satisfactory)
U (unsatisfactory)

And additionally:
W (withdraw)
I (Incomplete)

So in the US our grading system is:

A 90-100
B 80-89
C 70-79 (average)
D 60-69
F < 60 (fail)

But also for pass/fail classes we have:
S (satisfactory)
U (unsatisfactory)

And additionally:
W (withdraw)
I (Incomplete)

Ahhh. I should have guessed. Here, we have both NH, for not completed, and WD, for withdrawn, though I have only seen NH on a transcript.

American exchange students always have a hard time adapting to our marking system. It is very rare to get 90+. I didn't give any this semester, and I have only once awarded a mark above 93. Good students get around 83-88. The names and exact divisions between grade levels vary by institution, but mine uses:

H1: 80-100
H2A: 75-79
H2B: 70-74
H3: 65-69
P: 50-64
N: 0-49

I remember once having to spend quite some time explaining to a very bewildered and upset American student that her 77 was actually an above average mark.

Yes, keep in mind I'm a postgraduate in the United Kingdom. So, I'm actually one of those you refer to who doesn't adapt well. It's worse in the U.K. though. 70-100 is all first class honors.

I got a 78 on my first assignment and I was like what the fuck who do I have to slay right now...? Supposedly I got one of the highest grades...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom