Oteha Valley Road, Tāmaki-makau-rau, Te Ika-a-Māui Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I smoked my first cigarette in months as my ex watched the last few minutes. I did not want to be that pissed off again.

It started and really went so well!

Fun fact the second: I have smoked two cigarettes in my life (three if we count the one time I smoked a blunt rather than eating space cake). They are the two worst things I have ever tasted and they sure as shit did not relax me!

I hope my friend at JB is working tomorrow. I'm getting another Chromecast for my lounge TV, at cost....like my watch, my current Chromecast, my phone, my tablet, my wireless charger.

I may need to buy her a case of wine.

I... may place an order through you.

Right, gotcha. God, I feel like my PhD supervisor here: "It's a neologism! There's already a perfectly adequate term that expresses this clearly! Don't make up words!" (He is far too dignified to have ever written like that, but it's the gist.) I'm still proud I persuaded him of "omnishambles", an A+ neologism if there ever was one.

It's a stupid term that probably has a real history, but at least I actually managed to express my thoughts and the actual idea decently.

Also holy shit did you really?

It's a stupid term that probably has a real history, but at least I actually managed to express my thoughts and the actual idea decently.

Also holy shit did you really?

See p.123 of my book. Speaking of which, still want a copy?

Fun fact the second: I have smoked two cigarettes in my life (three if we count the one time I smoked a blunt rather than eating space cake). They are the two worst things I have ever tasted and they sure as shit did not relax me!

Holiday Reds. And any Cuban cigar.

When you take a year to go through a pack, they are a great kick.

She also got me cheap sunglasses by flirting with the (I thought gay) guy at Sunglass Hut. Like fuck.

She's lucky I waived a lot of her bank fees when we worked together.

I've discovered the trick to getting free beers at pubs is knowing lots of bands, because lots of people who play in bands I like work at pubs I like.

FUCK

I knew I forgot something. Two still.

I can sign and drop two in the post tomorrow, but it will cost about NZ$120 once postage is included.

Or I'm sure a uni bookshop has a couple (RRP $45 a pop), but you don't get signatures.

Oh please unless you're killing people you can't have enough vices

I don't want any more vices that will shorten my lifespan. I've accepted I'm not helping my cause of seeing as much of the future as possible through my eating and especially drinking habits. Let's not compound that.

But hey, you always hear of some fit old bugger who died suddenly at 70, so maybe all that healthy-eating, active-lifestyle shit isn't the be-all and end-all.

LEAVE ME TO MY DELUSIONS.

I guess being in another country (okay the Shore) makes this harder

You're telling me you're not running down to see The Feelers at the Brownzy?

I realised just how far they'd fallen when I saw that gig billed.

I don't want any more vices that will shorten my lifespan. I've accepted I'm not helping my cause of seeing as much of the future as possible through my eating and especially drinking habits. Let's not compound that.

But hey, you always hear of some fit old bugger who died suddenly at 70, so maybe all that healthy-eating, active-lifestyle shit isn't the be-all and end-all.

LEAVE ME TO MY DELUSIONS.

I know (knew) a guy who outran the Boxing Day tsunami in 2004 by a huge margin and went out on a stroke two years later. Fuck it is my thinking.

Besides I go through a pack of smokes a year and about 80% are me "lending" them out.

How shall I pay you?

(I have a bad memory after drinking so this may not be the first time I've asked)

I should gaslight you, but no, you hadn't asked. And that's a damn good question actually. Why are international banking transfers so fucking hard when domestic ones are piss-easy? (Do you actually know the answer, by any chance?)

I know (knew) a guy who outran the Boxing Day tsunami in 2004 by a huge margin and went out on a stroke two years later. Fuck it is my thinking.

Besides I go through a pack of smokes a year and about 80% are me "lending" them out.

Well shit. Yeah, look, I just hope I crack eighty. That means I still have more than half of my life ahead of me. That's a lot of gigs to see, booze to drink, politics to laugh at, etc.

You're telling me you're not running down to see The Feelers at the Brownzy?

I realised just how far they'd fallen when I saw that gig billed.

Holy shit! Although Jordan Luck at the Tauranga Christmas show was a bit shocking too.

Anika Moa I understand because she'd play my backyard because she just loves having fun, but Jordan Luck?

I should gaslight you, but no, you hadn't asked. And that's a damn good question actually. Why are international banking transfers so fucking hard when domestic ones are piss-easy? (Do you actually know the answer, by any chance?)

Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terror Financing laws.

Those are capitalised because it's an actual act. I can't be arsed to find which year.

Well shit. Yeah, look, I just hope I crack eighty. That means I still have more than half of my life ahead of me. That's a lot of gigs to see, booze to drink, politics to laugh at, etc.

I figure if I go tomorrow I've left a lot I wanted to do lost. But there's a real chance I could hit 80 and still feel as incomplete. So...........come what may.

That said I look before crossing the street. I'm no idiot.

Holy shit! Although Jordan Luck at the Tauranga Christmas show was a bit shocking too.

Anika Moa I understand because she'd play my backyard because she just loves having fun, but Jordan Luck?

Did the last Exponents compilation not pay enough of his rent?

Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terror Financing laws.

Those are capitalised because it's an actual act. I can't be arsed to find which year.

Huh, well there you go. So, what's the easiest way in your professional experience, Mr X. Banker?

Do you fancy a curiously fat Christmas card?

Haha. I have had money disappear in the mail. Fortunately just once.

I have a friend in the States who owes me, who I'm just going to get to buy me a bunch of stuff I want on Book Depository. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom