Ostraya, Ostraya, Ostraya, Ostraya, We Love You, Amen!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cobl04

45:33
No poofters.

Monty Python - Bruce - YouTube

Pretty good episode of Q&A tonight, boring topics like Slipper/Thomson aside. Couldn't believe that bogan fuckwit who got up and asked Victor Victor about Sudanese gangs. The ignorance that so many in this country display makes me want to continuously bang my head against a brick wall.

For once I was home on a Monday night, but as soon as I saw that Sophie Mirabella was one of the guests on Q&A, I figured my blood pressure would be better off if I didn't watch.

Was good to catch Media Watch though.

I approve of this thread.

P9030027.jpg

(They were Americans, pretending to be Brits pretending to be Aussies. I couldn't resist.)

This is a genuinely fantastic piece: How can you survive on Newstart? - The Drum Opinion (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Oh wait, it's from a Greens Senator. Must just be fringe crackpot nonsense sponsored by the CIA, right? Thanks Clive Palmer.

(Seriously, everybody should read it.)

I can't remember what the rate was when I was on it 12 years ago... it was only for six months and that was bad enough. I was lucky in that I was sharing a unit and associated bills/food costs, etc. It was still an unpleasant experience, even more so than waiting on hold for two solid hours every time I had to actually speak to a human being at Centrelink. If Canberra didn't have a semi-decent bus network I would have been completely screwed. Let's just say that even door-to-door sales and working in Macca's was better than living off unemployment "benefits".

... I'm kind of inclined to ask for one out of morbid curiosity.

Currently five unwanted copies sitting on a desk in the office:
And yes, that is the actual title.

Is he talking about the Stawell Gift? The metaphorical "rat race"? Surely he can't be espousing some sort of racial superiority about a bunch of Anglo boat people from 200 years ago?

That kid who stabbed that mother to death last year.

In a statement to police tendered to the court, the youth who hid after the egging said the 15-year-old facing charges told him he gave the woman a ‘‘slight jab’’ after she came at him.
‘‘He was like, ’I just pulled a knife out, and she just ran straight to me, and it just went in,’’’ the youth said in his statement.
He told the court the stabbing ‘‘sounded like it was accidental’’.
He said his friend was in shock when he heard from media reports that the woman had died.‘‘He was just laying in bed like an absolute insane person,’’ he said.

Knife just went in, says 15-year-old boy

No, you're just a fucking low-life scumbag who ruined an entire family. Let's hope the courts reach a sensible decision and ruin the rest of your life as well.

Thomson has also been found guilty of paying for hookers with his union credit card.

Hears things about 'class war' > Steve Price being a reactionary shit

I don't know why I bother having The Project on in the background.

As if we needed more proof that Catholicism is regressive and out-of-touch.

Haha, the editor's note wasn't there when I first read the article!

And Uhlmann has got a loooong way to go before he can reasonably be considered to continue the tradition of Kerry O'Brien. Few people deserve that sort of accolade, and I'm pretty sure the only one currently active in Aussie media is Jonathan Holmes.

I'm actually not as big a fan of him as a lot of people seem to be.

That's not to say I dislike him or anything, it's just that he doesn't strike me as exceptional.

Caved and bought a ticket to see Prince at the third Sydney show. Going with a couple and it's the final show of the leg so yay.

Now I need to listen to some tunes that aren't on Purple Rain.

Defo! Really should be saving the cash but you only live once haha. Oh and did you hear the Harvest rumours? Sigur Ros and Grimes have both been mentioned, announcement at the end of the month...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom