Oscar Predictions!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who are they going to give Jack Nicholson's ubiquitous front row seat (and make the punchline to all the jokes) to when he kicks the bucket?

lazarus said:
Owen Wilson. Should have gotten a bigger round of applause.

Homey's a SURVIVOR.

I know this is from ages ago, but we had the same reaction. I said I'd like to buy him a coffee and ask how he's doing these days. Before his suicide attempt, he bugged me. I like him now, though. Yes, I'm pretty much a dork.

deep said:
sweet hereafter

is a great film

Yes! That's really all I know her from. I love the soundtrack, with the songs of her singing with the band, like in the movie.

(what a poorly constructed sentence)

My predictions are doing fairly poor, as per usual. Oh well.

I can't believe The Golden Compass took visual effects. Bogus. And Sweeny Todd winning art direction pissed me off too.

Good for Tilda Swinton though! She deserved it.

Gee I wonder, is Enchanted going to win best song tonight?

Kristen's dress would be a lot nicer if it were in a color. It's too drab and she just looks like a dust bunny she swept from under the bed.

I'm hoping three songs from the same film will all cancel each other out. Like Dreamgirls last year.

(I can't remember what song won last year, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't one of the Dreamgirls songs ... right?)

corianderstem said:
Who are they going to give Jack Nicholson's ubiquitous front row seat (and make the punchline to all the jokes) to when he kicks the bucket?

Jude Law! :hyper:

ThoraSEB said:

She is fantastic! :yes: And Canadian! :D

:up: :up:

Away From Her is great...the lead actor, Gordon Pinsent, is from my province.

corianderstem said:

Clooney. Easily. He has the charm, the playboy reputation (minus the crazy sex stories), and the clout/respectability.

He needs to bang and dump Zellweger a few more times so she has that Anjelica Huston-comparable status, though.

corianderstem said:
Kristen's dress would be a lot nicer if it were in a color. It's too drab and she just looks like a dust bunny she swept from under the bed.

I'm hoping three songs from the same film will all cancel each other out. Like Dreamgirls last year.

(I can't remember what song won last year, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't one of the Dreamgirls songs ... right?)

Didn't Melissa Etheridge win for the Al Gore documentary? It was a weak year, from what I remember.

Back
Top Bottom