Oral, Tennessee Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I was a bit surprised by how badly WTAHAN threw a fit - I mean, sure, it's WTAHAN, you've got to expect vitriol, but some guy wanting to cry? The condemnation of it as one of U2's worst performances? Bloody hell people, way to completely over-react. It wasn't peak live U2, but it's a fucking awards show. It's never going to be the band's best. I thought it was enjoyable, so the band did just fine in my books.

Yeah, I was a bit surprised by how badly WTAHAN threw a fit - I mean, sure, it's WTAHAN, you've got to expect vitriol, but some guy wanting to cry? The condemnation of it as one of U2's worst performances? Bloody hell people, way to completely over-react. It wasn't peak live U2, but it's a fucking awards show. It's never going to be the band's best. I thought it was enjoyable, so the band did just fine in my books.

Can you link me to the post with the kid wanting to cry? That's fucking beautiful material!

Why did I start a thread in FYM. Why.

Now I'm just really fucking angry. Jesus Christ. Maybe I should just step away from the computer for five minutes to calm down.

Not that I want to tell you how to feel or anything, but that thread drew just one jerk. Everyone else has been good. Focus on them. Don't let the jerk have that much control.

Not that I want to tell you how to feel or anything, but that thread drew just one jerk. Everyone else has been good. Focus on them. Don't let the jerk have that much control.

Everyone else has not been rational or logical, don't you mean? :wink:

But yeah, that incident aside, it's been a good thread. I wasn't sure it'd even get much attention, since past Aussie threads have sometimes gone a wee bit overlooked.

Everyone else has not been rational or logical, don't you mean? :wink:

But yeah, that incident aside, it's been a good thread. I wasn't sure it'd even get much attention, since past Aussie threads have sometimes gone a wee bit overlooked.

Yeah, I was wondering about that too. Because a lot of Americans I've spoken too didn't know what the Bali Bombings are, or that they even happened. But from what I can tell, this is high priority on news broadcasts just about everywhere.

Evening peoples.

After reading today's news concerning the fires, and that they expect the death toll to hit 200 today...I feel absolutely drained emotionally. I wish I could do something to help, instead of just sitting here helplessly. My thoughts are with everyone who's affected, or who knows someone affected. :heart:

I also just got around to watching the Grammy performance, and I honestly don't know what everyone's fussing about over in WTAHAN. I think it was a remarkably good performance considering it was the first time they'd played Boots live. Sure, Bono made a few stuff-ups, but on the whole it was a good, energetic performance! :shrug:

Yeah, I was wondering about that too. Because a lot of Americans I've spoken too didn't know what the Bali Bombings are, or that they even happened. But from what I can tell, this is high priority on news broadcasts just about everywhere.

Yeah, good luck finding people outside of this part of the world who even know what went down in Bali, but I've received multiple messages from people overseas who saw it on the news, making sure I wasn't involved. I suppose a disaster of this incomprehensible magnitude is going to be big news anywhere. I just posted a link on the FYM thread to an article about Strathewen ... I'm still reeling from that one.

I'm a little upset about Brian Naylor. I grew up watching him on the news every night :sad:

Still not watching the news, had hours of it last night and it's just too much....

I've been having a dance party for one to take my mind off things :dance:

There's a small grass fire according to the CFA website in Kialla..which is about 5-10 minutes from center of Shepp...

Its small, and there's only 1 truck in attendance....probably nothing to worry about at all.

Evening peoples.

After reading today's news concerning the fires, and that they expect the death toll to hit 200 today...I feel absolutely drained emotionally. I wish I could do something to help, instead of just sitting here helplessly. My thoughts are with everyone who's affected, or who knows someone affected. :heart:

I also just got around to watching the Grammy performance, and I honestly don't know what everyone's fussing about over in WTAHAN. I think it was a remarkably good performance considering it was the first time they'd played Boots live. Sure, Bono made a few stuff-ups, but on the whole it was a good, energetic performance! :shrug:

I'd just like to give this a big "THIS".

Yeah, good luck finding people outside of this part of the world who even know what went down in Bali, but I've received multiple messages from people overseas who saw it on the news, making sure I wasn't involved. I suppose a disaster of this incomprehensible magnitude is going to be big news anywhere. I just posted a link on the FYM thread to an article about Strathewen ... I'm still reeling from that one.

I just read the one about Strathewen earlier... wow. Just wow. I feel so helpless reading it. I wish I could drive to Victoria and help out.

Evening peoples.

:up:

And I just watched the Youtube video of GOYB Live from U2Gigs, even with the sound turned way down, since I'm at work.....it was pretty good performance. They've not hit their stride yet, but still was good. Gets my excited for the tour, thats for sure. Buuuut then again, they were posting in the forum when If Bono's hair isn't short enough, or even too short, they'll winge.

I'm a little upset about Brian Naylor. I grew up watching him on the news every night :sad:

Still not watching the news, had hours of it last night and it's just too much....

I've been having a dance party for one to take my mind off things :dance:

I was hoping today's U2 appearance and work on U2gigs would take my mind off things ... yeah, not so much.

The news is on right now, don't know if I even want to see any more.

I'm sick of the reporters, more so than the actual news itself.

For instance, I think it was a mother and her two kids, who ducked in a slight depression near a wombat hole....they had wet sheets, and hid under and were very lucky to survive.

And the reporter goes onto ask them "how did you think of that?"....and they were a bit stumped...basically, it came down to luck.

Fire at Kialla downgraded to a 'false alarm' I'm not really sure what that means on the CFA webpage....cause it still says there's a fire truck there.

Back
Top Bottom