Open Range

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsSpringsteen

Blue Crack Addict
Has anyone seen it yet? I saw it last night, and truly enjoyed it.

Finally Kevin has come up w/ a quality film :applaud:

Robert Duvall is one of the best actors of all time, if not the best. My only negative feeling about it was the violence, but of course that's to be expected from a Western. Westerns aren't my type of movie, but I still enjoyed it.

Annette Bening gives an excellent performance too-and it was great to see an "older" female lead, who is not there just for her looks. She appeared to be wearing very little or no makeup :up:

It is not just shooting/ beautiful scenery. There is clever and funny dialogue too.

Anyway, that's my lame movie review for today :D

They shot the movie in southern Alberta......Canada, and more importantly Alberta, represent!!!

btw, I want to go see this movie....I haven't seen a good western since I watched Unforgiven on the history channel the other month.

Edgeman said:
They shot the movie in southern Alberta......Canada, and more importantly Alberta, represent!!!

I actually went to the cast's premiere in Calgary.

The cinematography showcased Alberta very well.

Although, I've got to say... that was the most drawn out piece of feature length drivel I have ever seen. Many have called it a revival of the western epic... emphasizing the old cowboy code and gentlemanly ethics. But the exposition was pointless, the dialogue was clich?d... and Bening was atrocious.

The only redeeming performance was the character portrayed by Robert Duvall. There was more chemistry between him and his horse, than Bening and Costner... more of a desperation romance, which Bening's character even implies.

It's not a respectful thing to flog an independent movie, but did they have to go out of their way to make it a half-assed release? Someone please enlighten me on how this was worth the free admittance...

:down: :down:

Oh and by the way... the kid's character is supposed to have a latin accent of some sort... yet he can only pull off Russian (or Acadian French at best).

I'm surprised more critics didn't go Open Range on Open Range.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom