only...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was in the craft store yesterday and they are already setting up their Christmas section don't like them doing that when it's still summer.

I am getting ready early and already have a good jump on my shopping:)

Cassis said:
only billions of yeras until the sun explodes

Not really.

It'll just inflate into a red giant, helium flash, then reduce to a white dwarf. No explosions involved, unless you consider a helium flash to be an explosion (most astronomers don't).

DaveC said:

Not really.

It'll just inflate into a red giant, helium flash, then reduce to a white dwarf. No explosions involved, unless you consider a helium flash to be an explosion (most astronomers don't).

Science has entered the house, soon meaningless philosophical ramblings may appear:|

im actually interested in that thing about the sun inflating and deflating... i'll have to get some books on that.

It should consume the Earth in the process of becoming a red giant, but there is actually a 1 in 100,000 chance that, between now and 5 billion years from now, a passing star could shoot us out of our orbit into the oblivion of space, so the Earth will continue to exist. Everything will just freeze to death.

Anyway, before that happens, we'll all probably boil to death 1 billion years from now, when it's projected the Sun will get too hot. :sexywink:

Melon

hollyborder.JPG

xmani12.gif
xmani12.gif
xmani12.gif
xmani12.gif

hollyborder.JPG

melon said:
It should consume the Earth in the process of becoming a red giant, but there is actually a 1 in 100,000 chance that, between now and 5 billion years from now, a passing star could shoot us out of our orbit into the oblivion of space, so the Earth will continue to exist. Everything will just freeze to death.

Anyway, before that happens, we'll all probably boil to death 1 billion years from now, when it's projected the Sun will get too hot. :sexywink:

Melon

Have a holly jolly Christmas. :wink:

It might be a few months till Christmas, but that didn't stop me from watching Bad Santa a couple nights ago.

If you haven't seen it, it is the ultimate Christmas movie. Go buy it right now.

it's strange how once halloween comes, all the decoration stores set up christmas decorations... IMMEDIATELY.
i remember during march or april, they were having a christmas decoration 50% deal or something.

GibsonGirl said:
Our Christmas lights are still up in the windows. :reject:

:shifty:

mine too..

same with my new years things.....
:reject:

why do i seem to be the only one getting into the Christmas spirit? It's only around the corner, 165 days now.

c'mon folks, it'll soon be Christmas. :hyper:

i've got my stocking hanging up.

pax said:
I'll be making everyone on my list origami for Christmas.

shujin_02.gif

pronounced shujin, it is kanji for Henry :sexywink:

funny, it means "head of the house" :eyebrow:

maybe I should be telling you that in private or at least in the Octagon.

Back
Top Bottom