One Headlight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
That's all I've got now. One working headlight. Anyone know if it's difficult to install them if you've never done it before? I'm poor and it's bad enough that a new one costs around $150 for my car! :scream:

Well, I was going to suggest installing them in pairs. They get about the same amount of wear since they're obviously both used exactly as much, so when one goes out, the other is likely to follow soon. It's easier to do them both at once, even if the other one has a few weeks left in it, to spare you the trouble of getting the tools out twice.

But $150 a pop? What the hell? At that price, it sounds like you'd need a licensed professional to even turn them on, much less replace them. What do you drive?

It shouldn't cost $150. I just replaced a headlight bulb in my 98 VW Jetta, and it cost $12.

Go to an auto parts store, and tell them what you need.

How do I know if they can replace them? My car's old enough that I know they're not halogen, but I didn't know it was as simple as a new bulb...is it really that easy?? :confused:

It's the kind of thing you can easily do yourself.

If I lived down the street from you, I'd do it for ya.

Alas, I'm in New Hampshire.

If I tinker with it, do you think I could just figure it out because that's probably what I'll end up doing...after I ebay a used one that is. Yeah, I'm that poor. :banghead:

clarityat3am said:
If I tinker with it, do you think I could just figure it out because that's probably what I'll end up doing...after I ebay a used one that is. Yeah, I'm that poor. :banghead:

You could do it. You could also fuck it up.

Do you know anyone who could help ya? I learned bout cars by working on them with my Dad. Certain thing I can do. Certain things I can't.

I'm going to look at it tomorrow and see if I can figure it out. I remember how to adjust them, but I don't recall ever being shown how to replace them. Shouldn't we have some kind of auto mechanic on this site for all the people we have??? lol

I just replaced one of my brake light bulbs today .. it was um, not fun :crack:

Freaking Fords :angry:

hahah when i saw the title of this threadi thought it was a "the wallflowers" appreciation thread, becusae I really like this song by them! =) you should check it out.

and i'm not sure if it's ILLEGAL, but htat's pretty shady that one headlight is smashed out =( i'm sorry

I asked my dad what was up with the headlight and he just shot me a look and said, no, it's not illegal. I guess it still technically works. :shrug:

:lol:

and yes I had the same thoughts about that wallflower's song. Jakob Zimmerman writes some catchy tunes...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom