OMG new REM album on Yahoo Music

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
Today, as I was looking for some good REM music to listen to (I was looking for Monster, actually...and maybe some New Adventures In Hi-Fi), I came across this gem:

remalbum1hn0.jpg

remalbum2wt6.jpg

It seems that Michael Stipe has been replaced by a whiny Malaysian guy, backed by crappy boyband-esque music that sounds more canned than tuna. Still, I can't help but be amazed by the vocal range the new guy has. It actually is rather mesmerizing. Peter Buck sucks on this album though. Anyone with Yahoo Music should check it out.

EDIT: They just got rid of it! :lmao: Those bastards! I was starting to enjoy it. :madspit:

This must be one of those Yankee Hotel Foxtrot things where the label didn't approve of the album or something. It was too challenging for mass audiences, I suppose.

Oh well. I guess I have to listen to "old" REM now. :( But one you go Impian Cinta, you can never go back. :sad:

Aygo said:
"Reveal" and "Around The Sun" are unfairly underrated albums, mainly the last one.

The second half of Around The Sun is flawless...

Worst Joke Ever :drool:
Ascent Of Man :drool:
Aftermath :drool:

intedomine said:

The second half of Around The Sun is flawless...

Worst Joke Ever :drool:
Ascent Of Man :drool:
Aftermath :drool:
I prefer the first half, but I like the whole album and I think it's good...

The Outsiders
Electron Blue
Final Straw
Boy In The Well
Leaving New York:drool:

Aygo said:
I prefer the first half, but I like the whole album and I think it's good...

The Outsiders
Electron Blue
Final Straw
Boy In The Well
Leaving New York:drool:

Final Straw is the worst REM song I've heard!

Yeah, it seems I'm the only one who really has high regard for the second half....

Back
Top Bottom