Old Harry Rocks, Dorset, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just imagining if I were to wear that hat to a show :lmao:. Reminds me of when a few people from interference approached me at the Cleveland show and hesitantly asked " Are you...Bono...2-12?" Sept this time it would be more like "Are you...that gal...who's going to punch Bono in the face?"

I'm just imagining if I were to wear that hat to a show :lmao:. Reminds me of when a few people from interference approached me at the Cleveland show and hesitantly asked " Are you...Bono...2-12?" Sept this time it would be more like "Are you...that gal...who's going to punch Bono in the face?"

:lol:

I had a number of people ask if I'm Axver. But I kind of stand out in a crowd anyway. :wink:

Next tour, I'll stand out even more with a Kunstmuseum shirt on!

:lol:

I had a number of people ask if I'm Axver. But I kind of stand out in a crowd anyway. :wink:

Next tour, I'll stand out even more with a Kunstmuseum shirt on!

Kunstmuseum shirt and Red TUF hat :lmao: it's a beast that can't be stopped! :lmao:

cool, I'll wear a t-shirt with my magical eyed kitteh and watch the admirers flock :lol:

Include the Father Ted quote that used to be your signature and I'm pretty sure Ian and I will both flock to admire! :lol:

K I was just messing with the save the whalers shirt I designed, and I just noticed...did you guys say that U2 snippeted Springsteen's "Gypsy Biker?" :lmao:

Guys, did you know Edge is from the future? Not just the future, but another planet in the future?

K, I think I should probably get a little sleep guys, though this has been quite the fun! I'm glad to have been transformed into a green imp, that's for sure.

Oh, Ax, before I go, some reading for you:

August 19 / Hershey, PA / Hersheypark Stadium
Notes: Once again, it's E Street Band al fresco. And it's not like they had really scaled back performance-wise in the arenas, but tonight at Hersheypark Stadium it was decidedly a stadium-sized show. Three hours and 29 songs, with a powerhouse eight-song encore, and an emphasis on confections like "Darlington County," "Sunny Day," and "Working on the Highway," which Bruce performed out at the end of the center stage thrust. Those who expected locale-specific treats may have been disappointed -- not even "Candy's Room," let alone "Give the Girl a Kiss," "I Want Candy," "Sugar Sugar" or "Candy Man." Springsteen pulled a sign for "Give the Girl a Kiss" as part of the nightly collection, but otherwise, no apparent sense of the occasion for the Boss.

Instead, the Hershey show was a cover-fest: cover songs opened and closed (as in Charleston), with a total of four in the set -- two of them tour premieres. First up was "Summertime Blues" to open. The next one was a tour premiere from the sign collection -- "Oh my god.... we've created a monster!" said Bruce, faced with literally hundreds of signs, and he gave Little Steven first choice. "Pick one, Steve! We're going with obscurity... start with obscurity..." and Steven opted for John Lee Hooker's "Boom Boom." ("Appears hastily assembled," Bruce said of the sign, written on a box lid -- with the even more longshot "London Calling" on the reverse.) Steve also picked "Darlington," which followed -- what, no signs for "Held Up Without a Gun"?

Two more covers came in the encore: "Seven Nights to Rock" had its first U.S. airing on the tour, with Garry singing along into Steve's mic, and the tour premiere of Them's "Gloria" was a major highlight to close the show. "Let's take it back to where it all started!" Bruce hollered, bringing up Joe and Johnny Grushecky to jam along.

Another tour premiere was "Part Man, Part Monkey" by request, joining "Boom Boom" to recall the Tunnel of Love Express Tour. "We don't know this one," Bruce said (though 20 years ago, they were playing it practically every night), "See if the band can get it." They got it, just as they've gotten every other curveball Bruce and the signs have thrown their way. Like taking candy from a baby.

Setlist:
Summertime Blues
Radio Nowhere
Out in the Street
Spirit in the Night
The Promised Land
Boom Boom
Darlington County
Waitin' on a Sunny Day
Reason to Believe
Prove It All Night
No Surrender
Because the Night
She's the One
Livin' in the Future
Mary's Place
Working on the Highway
Part Man Part Monkey
The Rising
Last to Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands

Thunder Road
Jungleland
Seven Nights to Rock
Born to Run
Rosalita
Tenth Avenue Freeze-out
American Land
Gloria (with Joe and Johnny Grushecky)

PFan's setlist as well, showing what was by request:

Summertime Blues
Radio Nowhere
Out in the Street
Spirit in the Night
The Promised Land
Boom Boom (by request)
Darlington County (by request)
Waitin' on a Sunny Day (by request)
Reason to Believe (by request)
Prove It All Night
No Surrender
Because the Night
She's the One
Livin' in the Future
Mary's Place
Workin' on the Highway
Part Man, Part Monkey (by request)
The Rising
Last to Die
Long Walk Home
Badlands

Thunder Road
Jungleland
Seven Nights
Born to Run
Rosalita (Come Out Tonight) (by semi-request)
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
American Land
Gloria

k peeps, i'm back. i can't believe it takes me so long to move from one room to the other! :doh:

I can't believe you even try to move from one room to the other! If I were in your position, I would have built a fortress in the bathroom, with the toilet turned into a comfortable throne and the TV and computer within easy reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom