Old Harry Rocks, Dorset, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This episode has been great!

I loved when Alan got the question about Duran Duran and Queen's drummers wrong. "IN OUR FACE!" :lmao:

Alan is just awesome. How fun would a night in with him be? A few bottles of wine, and that's it - funtimes. And did you know he reckons his wife is the music nerd of their relationship? She apparently roasts him after shows saying "How could you NOT know that?!" They need to get her on!

Yes, never miss a concert.
My sister: I've got tickets to Nirvana. You in?
Idiot: Meh... Maybe next time.

:scream:

I dithered for ages about seeing Arcturus in March last year. "Well, their current singer doesn't sing on my favourite album, and I'm short on money, and I've no-one to go with ... they'll come back." So I passed on it.

What happened? ICS Vortex walked out on stage and announced "welcome to the last Arcturus concert. Ever."

Alan is just awesome. How fun would a night in with him be? A few bottles of wine, and that's it - funtimes. And did you know he reckons his wife is the music nerd of their relationship? She apparently roasts him after shows saying "How could you NOT know that?!" They need to get her on!

:lmao: Really? That's hilarious. He's great value - and he's a Kiwi to boot!

I love all three of the regulars. I suppose I should say all FOUR, given how the show is just about Spicks & Specks & Hamish. Hamish Blake is such a bloody idiot, but every time he's a guest, he brings the lulz with his complete lack of musical knowledge. I always look forward to him being on.

I dithered for ages about seeing Arcturus in March last year. "Well, their current singer doesn't sing on my favourite album, and I'm short on money, and I've no-one to go with ... they'll come back." So I passed on it.

What happened? ICS Vortex walked out on stage and announced "welcome to the last Arcturus concert. Ever."
:doh: see what i mean?

GUYS SEE EVERY CONCERT PLZ

nooooooooooooooooooooooo

And don't start me on INXS!!! Probably my favourite band, simply because I have never gotten sick of them. I saw them when I was 12 or something, and maybe as part of mixed bill shows a bit later, but X Factor was my first and last proper show. I was too busy seeing other people to ever get that pure joy experience again. It really kills me. I'm never one to get all funny when celebs or people in the media I genuinely like die, as it's not as though I know them, but Michael Hutchence? His death floored me. It still does. I don't understand it, really. It's as though he was someone I knew. Maybe that's the power of their music.

And don't start me on INXS!!! Probably my favourite band, simply because I have never gotten sick of them. I saw them when I was 12 or something, and maybe as part of mixed bill shows a bit later, but X Factor was my first and last proper show. I was too busy seeing other people to ever get that pure joy experience again. It really kills me. I'm never one to get all funny when celebs or people in the media I genuinely like die, as it's not as though I know them, but Michael Hutchence? His death floored me. It still does. I don't understand it, really. It's as though he was someone I knew. Maybe that's the power of their music.
:hug: i know what you mean, anna.

It burns like acid reflux. Seriously. Hopefully they'll do a wanky reunion tour for you one day.
:sigh:

Lucky for you Anna I have to go to bed, so I can't make this conversation bleak with my sorrow at the passing of the sax player from DMB, but suffice it to say, it's the catalyst for this Springsteen/St. Louis adventure

Lucky for you Anna I have to go to bed, so I can't make this conversation bleak with my sorrow at the passing of the sax player from DMB, but suffice it to say, it's the catalyst for this Springsteen/St. Louis adventure

If you want to resume it another time we're both here, I'd love to hear it!
Khan's rule is right. We just can't pass up shows.

OK, I'm a total sucker for the feel-good Olympic moments. Still can't believe what happened in the 105+kg men's weightlifting. This Russian guy was leading, then on the very last lift of the tournament, Matthias Steiner of Germany comes out. His wife was killed in a car accident last year, and he wanted to win the gold in honour of her memory. So to win, he has to lift 258kg. 10kg more than he's ever lifted. And he did it. The scene of him leaping around the stage delirious with joy is just amazing, and then when he gets the gold medal on the podium, he's clutching a photo of his wife.

I can totally see why SBS has replayed that moment twice today. Plus, even without the circumstances, the lift he does is just fucking insane anyway.

Khan's rule is right. We just can't pass up shows.

Yep. This is why I'm going to Opeth next month. I really don't feel like it, since I'm going alone and it'll be a bit of a "METAAAALLLL!!!!!1!!!!11" crowd, but I passed up on seeing them in 2006 and I really shouldn't pass on this chance.

OK, I'm a total sucker for the feel-good Olympic moments. Still can't believe what happened in the 105+kg men's weightlifting. This Russian guy was leading, then on the very last lift of the tournament, Matthias Steiner of Germany comes out. His wife was killed in a car accident last year, and he wanted to win the gold in honour of her memory. So to win, he has to lift 258kg. 10kg more than he's ever lifted. And he did it. The scene of him leaping around the stage delirious with joy is just amazing, and then when he gets the gold medal on the podium, he's clutching a photo of his wife.

I can totally see why SBS has replayed that moment twice today. Plus, even without the circumstances, the lift he does is just fucking insane anyway.

Wow. It even sounds powerful just from your description.

:sad: that's amazing.

Wow. It even sounds powerful just from your description.

I've seen it three times now, twice on SBS and once on 7, and it never stops being powerful. He jumps around the stage and hugs his coach and bows to the ground and everything. You can tell he totally wanted to do it for his wife. Definitely one of the best moments of the Games.

Ok, I think. My I was feeling really weak before, and I wasn't coping sitting at the computer screen, so had dinner, watched a dvd and am feeling okay at the moment.

How's your ear?

That doesn't sound all too good. Any idea why?

The ear's ... annoying. I'm not in any pain, even though I haven't taken any painkillers since this morning, but I'm getting more and more deaf and the ringing is driving me insane. So I'm going to see the doctor again in the morning. I'm hoping something as simple as getting my ears syringed will solve the deafness problem.

this is weird...i have my tv on mute but i swear a faint sound is coming from it. nothing bad, but i can very faintly hear a woman talk, and a woman's on tv. so.

I often feel like I can faintly make out something when my TV's on mute too. :hmm:

That doesn't sound all too good. Any idea why?

The ear's ... annoying. I'm not in any pain, even though I haven't taken any painkillers since this morning, but I'm getting more and more deaf and the ringing is driving me insane. So I'm going to see the doctor again in the morning. I'm hoping something as simple as getting my ears syringed will solve the deafness problem.

I'm not sure. Might be getting a bug/virus?, I've been tired all day, and I slept a good 10:30pm-7am this morning, so I 'm not sure.

Damn, that ringing sound must be annoying. Hope everything goes well tomorrow. Gosh, you don't wanna be deaf AND blind :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom