Old bands you mistaken sh*t on:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
because they are too old, and simply that, or they made a few mistakes

we are ungrateful brats arent we?

but of the following we tend to shoot down:

Genesis - mainly because of Phil Collins with his easy listening adult-contemporary stuff, also mike rutherford with the goddamn awful mike and the mechanics, i had NO FREAKIN idea they were one of the most revolutionary punk bands of all time in the 70s when Peter Gabriel was their frontman

The Rolling Stones - they invented the whole concept of being an excitable live band, jacking up adrenalin for the crowd, on the surface we think they are too frickin old and should have quit 20 years ago

Ozzy Osbourne/ Black Sabbath - babbling buffoon with his very boring family portrayed on mtv? no frickin way!

however there are bands we are pretty much on the mark with:

the Eagles - don henley must die!

kiss- definitely no substance!

Billy Joel - i want to smash the pianoman's fricken piano

I love Phil Collins.

Seriously, if half the bands around today had HALF his talent, we would be much happier campers. Its subjective, yes. But sheesus he can perform. A talent becoming rather rare these days. The Phil Collins in the s-s-studio (lamest award 2003 goes to me for this) is a lot different to the Phil Collins that you see live. You cant doubt his skill as a musician nor entertainer.

I saw Phil in concert in 1994, and he was amazing - I'm a sucker for his older ballads and work with Genesis - but can see why some people might be put off with the "Adult Contemporary-ness" of it all.

this is susudio

I like Genesis, and I'm not afraid to admit it. And yeah, the Stones are old, but who gives a shit? Kiss is fun, and the Eagles have some great songs. So there. I'm must be incredibly unhip. ;)

i used to like phil collins / genesis... he's too disney now.

as for the piano man... i guess i have a soft spot in my heart for a fellow long islander. but billy joel always went into the category of "i don't understand why people who aren't from the new york metro area like him" category, right next to jerry seinfeld. i think a copy of billy's double-CD greatest hits album comes in the mail on long island when you turn 10. it's like a requirement.

http://home.earthlink.net/~asena/srny.html

http://www.thehoya.com/guide/110901/guide3.cfm

Phish

(by the way, I demand Billy Joel be taken off that list)

I have a soft spot for old Phil Collins/Genesis. And Billy Joel. And even (gasp!) the Eagles. But then again, I'm older than a lot of people here - that may have something to do with it.

And as far as artists I misjudged in the past, I'd have to say Johnny Cash. I used to ignore him simply because he was country - very stupid and narrow-minded of me.

Back
Top Bottom