OiNK discussion - aftermath and alternatives

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
As I'm sure plenty of you know, esteemed private tracker oink.cd got shut down last week. I'm still smarting from the loss, but there may be light at the end of the tunnel yet.

How many OiNKers do we have here on Interference? I know of myself, LMP, Lance, and lmjhitman (wherever the hell she is these days). What are you doing for music now?*

The main alternatives I've found are what.cd and waffles.fm. Both are closed right from their inception and getting invited could prove difficult. As far as waffles goes, you can be placed in a queue to get a membership if you can prove you were a member of OiNK. So Lance or LMP, if you've still got your invite emails, you might want to take a screencap and try to send it to them.

I need music, bitches.

*Please don't respond with "actually buying albums." No one likes a smart ass and I still buy albums anyway.

I'd never even heard of OiNK until this all happened. I used to belong to a site called Dancingmokey.com that had tons of albums, but I didn't upload enough myself to keep my membership active.

I frequent a lot of MP3 blogs and find new music there, but I don't download very many full albums.

(And no, I don't feel bad - I buy a LOT of CDs.)

I only got to experience its glory for about a week. :sad:

I might try out waffles though.

cori, I remember seeing you on dancingmokey. I got kicked out too.

The second I get into one of these trackers and get some invites, I'll invite the old oinkers here.

inmyplace13 said:
cori, I remember seeing you on dancingmokey. I got kicked out too.

Oh, that's right!

There was a great, long-running thread with loads of U2 bootlegs, many of which I didn't have at the time. :drool:

Got a what.cd account.
grumpyelephantpf1.gif

thetitans2k said:
whats so good about these sites? do they have rare bootlegs or what?

Pretty much any official release by anyone you can imagine in whatever audio format and quality you want.

inmyplace13 said:
So Lance or LMP, if you've still got your invite emails, you might want to take a screencap and try to send it to them.

Will do, thanks.

I would've been kicked off of OINK soon anyway. Nothing would seed after I finished downloading at like 700 kb/s.

Oink's gone?..gee that sucks.

I worked hard to get a good ratio.....and the Christmas period download period was just the greatest thing ever.

I will miss this site :(

I used to be on Oink, but I'm not sure I can prove it to get into Waffles. :(

Axver said:

Oink was a Bit Torrent site. The best of the lot.

Yes, I know...but there are like 900 other ones. I can find anything and everything I've ever wanted, by way of SLSK and various search engines. It just takes a while, sometimes.

Alternative to Oink:

Stop being a self-centered, spoiled, Western douche and pay for your own entertainment. Stop raping the artists, labels, and industry you're supposedly a fan of. You're the reason shit music is popular. I hate you all.

:hug:

Last edited:
If you shout... said:

Yes, I know...but there are like 900 other ones. I can find anything and everything I've ever wanted, by way of SLSK and various search engines. It just takes a while, sometimes.

I agree, there are plenty of torrent sites and other methods of acquiring rare shit. Oink was just so amazingly convenient.

And I once had absolutely no intention of ever touching Soulseek, but damnit, there's rare Kiwi music I want that I cannot find anywhere. Good luck to anybody trying to find anything by 1960s Wellington pop band The Avengers besides an MP3 of their biggest hit, Everyone's Gonna Wonder.

Axver said:

And I once had absolutely no intention of ever touching Soulseek, but damnit, there's rare Kiwi music I want that I cannot find anywhere. Good luck to anybody trying to find anything by 1960s Wellington pop band The Avengers besides an MP3 of their biggest hit, Everyone's Gonna Wonder.

Electric Recording -- several copies. some are new remastered cds.

Medallion

Alive! In Action!

There are some singles etc too if you want to look through the list. Some of the prices are high, some aren't. click here

:)

Cheers for that - I'm personally just looking for downloads, but I may have to get that live disc for my father as I know it's missing from his collection. My great-uncle, with whom I've long since lost contact, was actually in the band, hence our interest. My father has the studio albums but not in a format I can transfer to my computer. :(

u2popmofo said:
Alternative to Oink:

Stop being a self-centered, spoiled, Western douche and pay for your own entertainment. Stop raping the artists, labels, and industry you're supposedly a fan of. You're the reason shit music is popular. I hate you all.

:hug:

Anyone want to go lollerskating with me?

I just bought 13 CDs last night.

Still want to call me self-centered and unsupportive of artists?

I used to be in OiNK, they kicked me out *lol* because my ratio sucked, I uploaded two Epic45 albums thou

invite me to Waffles! :grumpy:

Last edited:
I have invites for what.cd, but not for Waffles.

24 invites, actually.

inmyplace13 said:
I have invites for what.cd, but not for Waffles.

24 invites, actually.

I'd be more than happy to take one off your hands ... :wink:

Not a problem, axy. Email?

Anyone else want in on What.cd?

Back
Top Bottom