Ohai, New Zealand Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I will not be tuning into the XXX Olympiad's equestrian events. :yikes:

Hah, I'm just having a look at the TV guide tonight, and I see that Channel 10 is trying to counter Channel 7's broadcast of the Opening Ceremony with Star Wars ... The Phantom Menace. Oh yeah, like many people will tune into that instead.

I suspect SBS's broadcast of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon at the same time as the Opening Ceremony is hardly a co-incidence either.

Hah, I'm just having a look at the TV guide tonight, and I see that Channel 10 is trying to counter Channel 7's broadcast of the Opening Ceremony with Star Wars ... The Phantom Menace. Oh yeah, like many people will tune into that instead.

I suspect SBS's broadcast of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon at the same time as the Opening Ceremony is hardly a co-incidence either.

I can't stand Star Wars. It puts me to sleep.

I'm happy 7 is doing the AFL live, but I'm pissed there will be no post match, team song or anything, the final siren will go, the scores will come up, and we will be off to China.

I wouldn't mind seeing the opening cermoney, but it doesn't have to be on (seven seconds delay) Live. I could handle a 1 hour delay, plus 7 are repeating it the next morning.

As for whatever else is on, I'm more likely to stick a DVD on regardless.

I'm happy 7 is doing the AFL live, but I'm pissed there will be no post match, team song or anything, the final siren will go, the scores will come up, and we will be off to China.

I wouldn't mind seeing the opening cermoney, but it doesn't have to be on (seven seconds delay) Live. I could handle a 1 hour delay, plus 7 are repeating it the next morning.

As for whatever else is on, I'm more likely to stick a DVD on regardless.

Given the Opening Ceremony is a far more significant sporting event, I'm actually surprised they're fitting in the AFL at all rather than letting 10 take it. Quite the evening of sport on 7 whatever way you look at it - which is a terrible shame, given how utterly SHIT their comentators are. I can't wait for their inane Opening Ceremony comments based on outdated stereotypes. :|

Given the Opening Ceremony is a far more significant sporting event, I'm actually surprised they're fitting in the AFL at all rather than letting 10 take it.

7 Wouldn't give the AFL to 10. I still they are friggen stupid because two weeks ago they wouldn't budge on showing Hawthorn Vs Geelong live (it was a sell out), and because of the olympics they'll show Geelong Vs Melbourne live, and it won't be a game of quality, everyone knows that. The AFL TRIED to get the Hawks/Cats game live, but 7 wouldn't budge....now shouldn't it be the AFL who decides how 7 Broadcast its own brand?

Quite the evening of sport on 7 whatever way you look at it - which is a terrible shame, given how utterly SHIT their comentators are. I can't wait for their inane Opening Ceremony comments based on outdated stereotypes. :|

You know what would be nice?, and maybe you'll be able to do this if we all had Seven HD, thats turn the commentary off and just have the audio feed directly from the stadium. I've watched some football (soccer) matches like this, and although the quality of the EPL commentators is pretty good, I still enjoyed the match!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom