Oh yeah, Its getting cold.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
It is just amazing how quickly the seasons can turn- last weekend it was sun baking weather, here where I live, I think it got up to about 28 celcius and now, just last night it got down to 14- now that is pretty cold!!!! and you can feel that winter chill in the air, which is good, I am going camping tonight and tomorrow night as it is a long weekend and where I am going it will be freezing at night, but sitting around a fire when it is actually cold is sooooooooooooooo nice:wink:

Its still warm over here. Im still in my sandals. Mind you I have started wearing pants when Im on the internet at night so perhaps the tide is turning. :|

It doesnt actually get cold enough to layer clothes here. My winter wardrobe is the same as my summer one, except I wear a singlet underneath in summer and closed toe shoes.

To me, the nicest thing about winter in Queensland was that the days were often so mild and sunny that you could sit outside in a t-shirt and soak up the sun. The temperature did tend to drop like a rock as soon as the sun went down though. The worst thing about winter in Queensland is that I missed the summer here and I won't be doing that again this year, that's for damn sure.

I woke up Sunday roasting in my bed. It was 85 degrees Faranheit in my bedroom. That doesnt sound like much, but It's been pretty cool lately so we havent acclimated to this warmness yet. At midnight (about 3 hours ago) it was 80 degrees outside. :crack: That almost never happens at night here. It's expected to reach 90 degrees on Monday :uhoh:

How was the camping trip Aurora?It sure did turn cold suddenly. My son moved into an old farmhouse with two guys from where he works. He was the last to arrive so he got the sleep-out room, really just a closed in verandah with old louvre windows and a low unlined roof. He just happened to move on the coldest night. He is going to freeze there in the middle of winter, it gets absolutely white with frost. At least his journey to work is shorter through the heavy fog.
He's happy though and says his new double bed in comfy :) The house cat has taken a liking to him ( and his bed) she'll help keep him warm.

I am currently wearing my thickest sweater( jumper) that is usually reserved for mid-winter...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The camping trip was nice, although it wasnt your typical camping trip as it was the Woodford Folk Festival Tree planting weekend, so there was probably about 1000 people and you plant trees on the festival site during the day and at night there is a bar open and nice food and music, so yeah, it was a nice weekend.............although it was cold, I would say that it probably got down to about 7c, which is cool considering how warm it has been and as a result I have a bit of a cold, in fact I feel like crap!!! got a head cold..............

and yeah, speaking of winter clothes, being a Queenslander and all, my winter wardrobe is my summer wardrobe but I wear a jumper over my clothes and I might wear a pair of socks at night, although I gotta say that I do love our winters, those lovely crisp, blue skies and being able to feel the warmth of the sun, only just is just wicked:wink:

but is it

(F - 32) x 5/9 = C

or

F - (32 x 5/9) = C

???

I vote for option #1 because it looks prettier :up:

Back
Top Bottom