oh, please no...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GibsonGirl

ONE love, blood, life
After days of searching, I'm willing to admit that I think I've lost my CD case. It contains every single U2 album I have EVER bought, excluding HTDAAB, which is safely tucked away in my CD player. Everything from Boy to The Best of 1990-2000, gone.

Mourn with me. :sad:

NOOOOO!!
Losing my CD collection is among my top 5 shittiest possible things that could happen. if you're anything like me, you've got 1000s.
I really hope you find it soon that is the worst. If not, start a charitable collection to help you get all those CDs again--I'd donate, it's a worthy cause!

Yikes! That's tough! Luckily Chirstmas is just around the corner, so shopping for you this year should be easy. :wink: Well, I'm trying to look on the bright side.

PS...when you get new ones, burn a copy of everything to carry with you. I've lost enough to always do that now. :huh:

This happend to me once when I was in college. After 48 hours of no sleep I forgot my case on the bus. Every CD I owned was lost. I called the bus system no one turned them in, I was screwed. Then two weeks later a friend of mine had a friend who's roommate was a bus driver and she found my CD's at their house. She took them back for me.

So I'm sending you my luck your way...

Thanks everyone. :(

I've just searched the house for the millionth time, and have still had no luck. And it's not as though the case is hard to miss - Spongebob Squarepants is playing a luminous green guitar on the front. My only guess is that I might have left it at school, but I don't remember taking it there recently. And even if someone did find it, they'd know it was mine (I think I'm the only one who actually listens to U2 in that place, apart from my physics teacher). So they're very cruel if they have it and just aren't turning it over.

Time to crawl into the nooks and crannies again. :( I'm that dusty from going under the beds, it's not even funny.

I lost my class ring once for a couple of years and then found it in a chair, right by my bed. I probably shouldn't have admitted that as it just proved what a mess my house is! :ohmy:

And I lose things all the time (even big stuff) and it almost always turns up eventually, so I hope it works that way for you too.

I have nightmares about that happening to me. I have 100 of my favorite CDs stuffed in a CD case, and it goes with me everywhere. It would be easy to lose it, or to have it stolen out of my glove department since the town I live in is full of thieves who break into cars - never mind that it is a small town in Middle America. I might as well live in NYC.

I hope you find it soon. :hug:

Okay, I'm about ready to give up on this effing search. I think it's gone for good. :sad:

Gibby, my heart sank when I read about this. It's just so horrible. Just let it go for now. Everything in the universe happens for a reason. Time and patience will decide whether to return it to you or leave it lost. If it is not returned, just remember that they are only material possessions and are easily replaced. If your cd's are returned to you then be thankful. But just be more careful next time. I wish I would send you all my U2 cd's right now, but I hope I was able to comfort you a little at least.

Lots of love,

Mac.

Guess what?

I FOUND IT TODAY! It was in my basement behind an old couch! How it got there, I don't know. I have a strong suspicion that my younger sister may have been involved. Regardless, I have it again, and it's been the highlight of December for sure. I feel a little silly for thinking that someone had maybe stolen it, but I honestly thought I had been into every single corner of this house. I just didn't think to look behind that old tattered couch!

Oh and Mac, I only saw your reply now...and it was so sweet! *hugs* I want to thank all of you for expressing your concerns and your support. Had it not been for your hope, I think I might have given up on finding it entirely. I would have gone out and re-bought everything, while my CD case would have been happily collecting dust behind the couch. :D

Over 10 days of hell, finished!

Great news! I bet you were so thrilled to find it.

Well, AcrobatMan, you could always send them to me anyway. I could then sell them all and buy even more CDs. It's a win-win situation! :wink:

I really am glad to have them back. When I woke up this morning, the first thing I did was put on Achtung Baby. It was great.

Back
Top Bottom