Oh now this just hurts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had a university football game here a couple years ago. It was Saint Mary's (the team that's won 6 straight regional championships and 3 nationals) against Mount Allison (who have won a grand total of 0 games in the past 4 years and have scored only something like 6 touchdowns in those 4 years).

The final score was 105-0. In a football game. :huh:

that's disgraceful... by the losing team, not the winning team.

to score just 2 points in an entire game... that's hard. that's very hard.

the team i coach was very good last year... and we played some very bad teams. the biggest run we had against one of these horrific teams was a 30-0 run from midway in the 1st quarter to the last minute of the 2nd quarter... we might have shut the team out for the entire 2nd quarter if not for a chairty call by the official putting them on the free throw line, where they got their only 2 points. in the second half we didn't press, we didn't trap, we pulled all our starters, had the guys who never played playing most of the game.

i'm guessing that's what this coach did as well... and for the other team to still only score 2 points? that's just a disgrace...

a) why do you even have a basketball program?
b) why would you schedule someone who's going to beat you by 100 points?

Headache in a Suitcase said:
that's disgraceful... by the losing team, not the winning team.

to score just 2 points in an entire game... that's hard. that's very hard.

the team i coach was very good last year... and we played some very bad teams. the biggest run we had against one of these horrific teams was a 30-0 run from midway in the 1st quarter to the last minute of the 2nd quarter... we might have shut the team out for the entire 2nd quarter if not for a chairty call by the official putting them on the free throw line, where they got their only 2 points. in the second half we didn't press, we didn't trap, we pulled all our starters, had the guys who never played playing most of the game.

i'm guessing that's what this coach did as well... and for the other team to still only score 2 points? that's just a disgrace...

a) why do you even have a basketball program?
b) why would you schedule someone who's going to beat you by 100 points?

Lousy college football and basketball teams sign up for games at top schools all the time, in exchange for a share of the ticket sales. Does a similar phenomenon occur in high school?

speedracer said:

Lousy college football and basketball teams sign up for games at top schools all the time, in exchange for a share of the ticket sales. Does a similar phenomenon occur in high school?

i don't know... certainly not in new york... any non tournament regular season game is free of charge... any money you earn from a tournament you hold usually goes straight to charity, and playoff money goes to the state... used to pay for officials and the like.

between our christmas tournament and our two home playoff games last season, we took in over $15,000 at the gate. the program didn't see a penny of that money, let alone the team's we played against.

Back
Top Bottom