Oh for fruits sake!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
If ANYONE out there knows the lyrics to The Dandys 'Wanna Be Like You' please put em up, Im trying to see if thats the song Im after...........cause the net is hopeless right now in bloody finding me lyrics for fuk sake.

*maddie kicks Google up the arse*

You &*$&(* sutpid UU%U($&(?*
For &$(*$(* sake!!!!!!!!!

Artist/Band Warhols Dandy
Song title Bohemian Like You
Album 13 Tales From Urban Bohemia

Lyrics you've got a great car
yeah whats wrong with it today
i used to have one too
maybe i'll come and have a look
i really love your hairdo yeah
i'm glad you like mine too
see we're looking pretty cool
we'll get ya

so what do you do ?
oh yeah I wait tables too
no i haven't heard your band
'cuz you guys are pretty new
but if you dig on vegan food
well come over to my work
i'll have 'em cook you something
that you really love

cos i like you
yeh i like you
and i'm feeling so bohemian like you
yeh i like you
yeh i like you
and i feel.. Whoahoa whoo!

wait
who's that guy, just hangin at your pad
he's lookin' kinda bummed
yeah you broke up thats too bad
i guess it's fair if he always pays the rent
and he doesn't get bent about
sleeping on the couch when i'm there

cuz i like you
yeah i like you
and i'm feeling so bohemian like you
yeah i like you
yeah i like you
and i feel.. Whoahoa whoo!

i'm getting wise and i'm feeling so bohemian like you
it's you that i want so please
just a casual casual easy thing
is it, it is for me
and i like you
yeah i like you
i like you
i like you
i like you
i like you
i like you
i like you
i like you
and i feel..
whoo-hoo-ooo

this was as close as I could get
biggrin.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

NO NO FOR GUK SAKE AI GOTTA FOOKING HAVE THE FOOKIN PROPER FUKING LYRICS PLEASY OR ME GO BUCK GUK FUK MAD IN ALL WRONG PLACES AND ATTACK ME OWN ARSE WITH ME GOB, WONT BE A PRETTY SIGHT, ME GOING OUT OF MIND WONDERIN IF IT THE ONE REMIND ME OF DUDE SWINGIN HIS TING IN A HIPPY SHAPE WAY; I NEED THE FOOKING LYRICS AND I FUKING NEED THEM NOW!

(well, close to now)

*runs from Sicy's hatchett*

ah, so you need the lyrics to that exact song
sorry

tongue.gif

------------------
Salome

"The Dandys
a history

...Strangely, talk shifts to boys pants. Mike and Tony are keen to show off their body hugging undergarments. Andy doesnt wear any, because "theyre too restrictive". So its not surprising that the lads admit to being show offs. "Im in it for the fame and adoration first, and the music second" smirks Tony. (19 Magazine)

HEY HEY... ANDREW FIRTH (VOCALS, harmonica, beauty), MIKE BROOKE (KEYBOARDS glimmer twin), BEN DAVIES (Cherub faced baby-GUITAR-hero), TONY BEASLEY (BASS glimmer twin) and original drummer, BRYAN MUNSLOW (DRUMS, chat, cheek and charm) were The Dandys. The band have new songs and a new drummer in 1999, but in their short history, they are already quite a story!

"Classic guitar-pop" A Dandy is "a smartly dressed pervert" - according to The Dandys, quite possibly one of the most perfect pop acts. Not just pretty faces, The Dandys live the life of baby Rolling Stones, they mix melodic suss, flamboyance, sex and glam with the gang mentality of all our greatest bands. Serious musical ability CAN be fun! "You have to be good and have your own songs before you face a crowd. People dont want to see a band who cant play and are mucking around so we try and give a professional show" (Andy)
"They proved to be every reviewers dream" "Blooming marvellous.", "Firth was quite electric when singing and positively willed the audience to dance and get into his tunes.",
That these Wilde boys of pop can write songs is left in no doubt. The psychedelic beats great to dance to, the lyrics fun to sing to, the tunes are dark, twisted, unforgettable and Andy can really sing. A smile back on the face of pop. The Dandys worked hard to build their loyal following by releasing and performing excellent music - theyre no "next big thing". "We dont want to be fashionable. We want to create fashions" (Andy)
"The Dandys are sure to go far"
Hasty comparisons have been made for such a new act, but The Dandys are unique. They cite their influences as Bowie, The Doors and practically everything else. Their music evolves constantly. Being fun, having no particular "sound", being part of no current "scene" and therefore unfashionable means they are never going to be media darlings during these serious times but that doesnt seem to bother the dandy boys and beatnik babes that follow their every tour... "We have really varied likes and dislikes so our sound is different from song to song, which keeps us interested and hopefully the audience too" (Andy)
The first "proper" gig was Leeds Sound City in 96. (The Dandys hail from Yorkshire). Along with Embrace they were the only other act to get signed and were also one of The Evening Sessions new bands of the week. Fate parted the two bands after that, with The Dandys building their own fan base with minimum exposure.
"Not only are they going to be stars, they know they are"
Each tour wins new fans and they sell an extra thousand records, at least, with each release. "We used to get quite nervous before gigs and spent quite a while rehearsing then kicked this guitarist and keyboard player out and Mike came in about a week before Sound City." (Andy) "I had a piece of paper and they had to write out all the chords for me on the keyboard! I knew the songs, but Id been to see them rehearse when I was in another band I just sat there and thought "Oh my god... how does this go?". (Mike)
"The boys with the bones structures to die for",
They arrived on the scene with "I Wanna Be Like You" (May 97). Before it was even released, one hearing earned them a booking at Reading Festival and introduced The Dandys (via The Chart Show) to the public. Around this time they often played to less than twenty people in tiny venues, but still treated them to A SHOW that wouldnt have looked out of place at Wembley Arena. They supported Kenickie and The Divine Comedy, whipping up the start of a fervent following.
"the band are clearly on their way up. Their brand of pop described as quirky has assured them a place in the hearts of the S.U. who are booking them again as soon as possible"
Because of their PERFORMANCES and the crowd reaction (reminiscent of watching videos of The Beatles Cavern era) by November 1997 most small venues were full (many sold out) and they were invited to return immediately (February 98 tour!). If you are a music fan in the 90s, it is ESSENTIAL to see The Dandys at a live gig. There is a huge word-of-mouth buzz on this act who, so far, have hardly been seen, but who easily have the potential to make an entire arena scream!
"the sound is awesome and the build up at the end shows the live abilities of this excellent band. Watch out for The Dandys",
July 97, second single "Dirty Weekend" picked up an extra thousand fans. August: The first festival appearance (Reading, Dr.Martens stage) was in front of a PACKED crowd - the front rows mouthing the words! The band cite it one of their favourite shows. (In 1998 The Dandys were invited to play most of the major festivals, and moved up to the second stage to boot).
"Pretty Boy indie band who look like Suede and will be big news..."
They like to play off stage too... When in London, The Dandys used to stay at a hotel up the road from Noel and Megs Supernova Heights. One night, The Dandys and Primal Scream, entertained guests on the piano in the reception until the early hours of the morning. (Mani is a fan of The Dandys.) A month or so later, their after-gig-rowdiness got them banned from that establishment when Andy fell into a glass table after too many drinks and broke it, then got stuck in the lift with so many female fans that it got stuck between floors for over an hour! There are hundreds of such tales that this amiable but ambitious quintet are happy to regale until the early hours... "Really were just young lads having a bit of a laugh. Were not really lads., being laddish to me, always seems the same as being a yob. Yknow, the kind of wearing stripy tops and jeans and drinking larger, sort of thing. Thats not us. "We do get a bit carried away after a few drinks, but any time weve been banned from hotels, its been by accident" (Andy)
"Radiohead meets ABC",
The last part of 1997 was spent recording "Symphonic Screams" with Chris Sheldon (Foo Fighters, Terrorvision, Feeder etc.). It is a highly accomplished debut - most of the tracks wouldnt be out of place in the Top 10. The year ended with a show at the Mean Fiddler 15th Anniversary week in front of an audience that included various members of Dub Star, The Bluetones, Terrorvision, Manic Street Preachers, Theaudience, Dodgy, Shampoo and Edwyn Collins.
"Catch them before the big bang"
"We wrote it like a week before we went into the studio, so it were a bit of a rushed job" "But it came out really well" (Andy and Mike on "You Make Me Want To Scream). They began 1998 with "You Make Me Want To Scream" a venom-tipped pop wonder that earned them "single of the week" on Virgin Radio and a second Jack Docherty appearance. Full stop on national exposure - but selling as many copies as next-big-things hefty critical massage/exposure. This dark anthem still didnt endear them to the national music press who either dont like their name or confused them with American band, The Dandy Warhols.
By now their following had greatly swelled despite no particular special attention. The fans wanted to read about The Dandys (most of their followers dont even know their individual names) so two new fanzines started up - Dirty Weekends and Bitter Kisses dedicated to all things Dandy.
"Their tongue-in-cheek tunes are catchier than a bout of flu and every other track has single potential"
Tinged with beautiful Winter chords, next single "English Country Garden" was an anthem for Spring evoking the Summer is coming feeling. Two friends meeting up after many years and finding they are still mutually empathetic. How many situations can you find like that in friendships? How many flowers can you find in an English country garden? Debut album, "Symphonic Screams" is full of such tales.
"The Dandys are a rather fantastic band. Not only are they extremely talented, good- looking, friendly people, but they will, given time, conquer the music industry as well".
The English Country Garden Tour started with The Dandys being invited back for some more support slots by Shed Seven. Bass player Tony managed to break his leg in a freak go-karting accident the day before the first gig and arrived to play by ambulance, on crutches. Thats how he played the entire tour, plus the appearances on "Fully Booked" and a third appearance on "The Jack Docherty Show". (The Dandys were also invited back to GLR Radio and Virgin Radio for live sessions). The tour was a chance to show off excellent new material - a very prolific act, The Dandys already had a second album of songs while many of their so called "b-sides" would be anybody elses a-sides. Tony on crutches only added to the usual mayhem of The Dandys on tour. Every day begins with a hangover. "A Dandy never gets out of bed before mid day". The hardcore following ensures theres some kind of party every day. Each Dandy also has their own individual fan club of followers.
"The crowds massed to see this up and coming five piece from Leeds, and their performance, suggested that they could well be on the way to the top.
The Dandys played their first Welsh gig at Cardiffs Ifwr Bach - or rather they didnt. Having set up their equipment they were mortified to discover that only four people had turned up. Although, as a new act, they have no problem playing to around ten people, they wont play to an audience that is smaller than the number of people in the band!. Just as soon as theyd put the last instrument away, around fifty people arrived thinking they were on stage at a later time!
The next night it was back to business as usual in Maidstone. A packed frenzied, singing, mosh followed by a Dandys session (they often try to set world records for how many people can fit in the dressing room after theyve played), which continued on to their hotel. It caused the smoke alarm to go off and meant that every single guest was evacuated for half an hour at three in the morning. (er..oops!). After their recent London show they spent the entire night/morning clubbing at The Midweeker Club with Gucci's new supermodel Bridget Hall and approximately thirty other fans.
"The Leeds group whip the crowd into a frenzy with cool tunes like Dirty Weekend and "I Wanna Be Like You" ending their set with the criminally-underrated "You Make Me Want To Scream",
Again, "English Country Garden" received no national exposure at all, and actually just missed being a Top 40 hit because of that. Despite being censored, The Dandys are determined to make it, and as they get nearer to the Top 40 with each release, are becoming unstoppable. Its not impossible that with the next single they will probably GET THEMSELVES into the charts with nothing more than the fervent support of their fans and the regional and independently minded press! The "Next Big Thing Gang" may not like em, but "The Kids", no baby goats, certainly do.
"Theyve got a growing fan base, theyre selling out gigs...",
Sadly, when The Dandys debut album SYMPHONIC SCREAMS was released, The Dandys were still unable to get played on the radio, the LP wasnt even advertised in the press, so who was to know about them? The music press couldnt give a flying fuck about glam and guitars until Gay Dad, and Mercury Records soon dropped the band. Drummer, Bryan, left at the end of 1998 and now The Dandys are currently rehearsing and writing new material and havent given up despite their shitty experience of the UK music industry. Neither have their fans who petition for the band, continue to start fanziness and believe they saw and heard one of the greatest bands of the 90s.
"You kind of get the general idea that theyre the next Verve", so youve got to see them in the flesh."
Discover The Dandys and you will love them too...

This from Genine, March 1999:
further to my conversation with Mike of the Dandys last night, yes they are all alive and well ! I can confirm the following, they do indeed have a new drummer, Paul Blant. Mike mentioned they have been rehearsing and the new drummer is fitting in really well. The lads have been busy writing new songs, and they are to be going into the studio to do some new demos in the next few weeks. The Dandys (!) have not reached a decision on a new name yet, so any decent suggestions are more than welcome ! They also hope to be gigging in the next couple of months... so watch this space....
Mike thanks everyone for their support and patience and he is confident that everyone will be happy with the new stuff...
thats about all just now, email any suggestions for band names to me and i will be sure to pass them on....
love, genine xox (contact: gmoodie@brucknergroup.com )"

maybe it's an instrumental song or something, because I can't find any lyrics
biggrin.gif

------------------
Salome

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 03-28-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom