Oh Father Ted Your So funny!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Father Ted is the greatest show of all time, no questions asked

"What would ya say to a nice cup of tea father?"

"FECK OFF CUP!!!"

wow....I couldn't tell from your quotes Irishteen, but you're right...this show is great...they don't have like season dvds of ti do they?

bono_212 said:
wow....I couldn't tell from your quotes Irishteen, but you're right...this show is great...they don't have like season dvds of ti do they?

All three seasons are on DVD, but don't know if they are in the US

I just watched 3 episodes last night on BBC America.... even got to see Graham Norton in one, entitled "Hell", :lol:. Father Ted & Dougal go on holiday with Father Jack, end up stuck in tiny little caravan with Graham Norton & 3 of his teenage parishoners.

BluRmGrl said:
I just watched 3 episodes last night on BBC America.... even got to see Graham Norton in one, entitled "Hell", :lol:. Father Ted & Dougal go on holiday with Father Jack, end up stuck in tiny little caravan with Graham Norton & 3 of his teenage parishoners.

Hell is so brilliant :lol:

The Mainland(I think) were they are trapped in a cave with Graham Norton and his youth group is another must see

Dougal: God, I've heard about those cults Ted. People dressing up in black and saying Our Lord's going to come back and save us all.
Ted: No, Dougal, that's us. That's Catholicism.
Dougal: Oh right.

Dougal: (trying to pray) Hail Mary who art in heaven.......
Ted: Hallowed.
Dougal: Oh yeah. Hallowed Be....
Ted: Thy Name...
Dougal: Papa Don't Preach........
Ted: Dougal, you know you can praise the lord with sleep.
Dougal: Really Ted? You can praise him in lots of ways, like that time you said that I could praise him just by leaving the room.
Ted: Yes, that was a good one !

:drool: :drool:

One of the lecturers here in Bristol looks a lot like Father Jack, not sure if he acts like him yet since i dont get him...

LJT said:
Dougal: God, I've heard about those cults Ted. People dressing up in black and saying Our Lord's going to come back and save us all.

:lmao:

But, like I've said before, Father Larry Duff was the best.

Irishteen said:

All three seasons are on DVD, but don't know if they are in the US

Yup, you can buy them in the US. I have all three. They are also available on ebay.

bono_212 said:
wait it comes on BBC America?

WHEN :hyper:

Friday night's when I caught it... 3 episodes, starting at 11pm EST.

I used to see FT on BBC America all the time; I think they probably pulled it after a while to keep from running the episodes into the ground.

(I don't want to derail this thread, but since were on the subject of great British comedies, has anyone besides myself ever heard of one called "Waiting for God"? It's set in a retirement home & the main characters are Diana & her partner in crime, Tom. I used to catch this on my local PBS station, but can never find anyone else who's ever heard of it. :slant: Anyway, back to Father Ted.... ) :wink:

YES! I used to love Waiting For God. It was brilliant but they don't show any repeats of it here in the UK and I've never seen it on DVD or anything like that :(

LJT said:

Dougal: (trying to pray) Hail Mary who art in heaven.......
Ted: Hallowed.
Dougal: Oh yeah. Hallowed Be....
Ted: Thy Name...
Dougal: Papa Don't Preach........
Ted: Dougal, you know you can praise the lord with sleep.
Dougal: Really Ted? You can praise him in lots of ways, like that time you said that I could praise him just by leaving the room.
Ted: Yes, that was a good one !

:lmao:

My boyfriend is really obsessed with this show!!! We have the DVDs...great great stuff. I wish TV in America was this funny. Oh well atleast I have "Family Guy."

Back
Top Bottom