Official Cricket Thread Part 99.94

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A century on debut for Neesham!

McCullum's on 298...

Brendon McCullum! BRENDON MCCULLUM! He's done it! With a four!

New Zealand finally - FINALLY - can claim a triple century. This is one of the greatest knocks of all time. What heart. What fight. What a huge fucking champion.

All perseverance this NZ side. Puts England's efforts to shame.

To think England capitulated from better positions than this New Zealand side was in two days ago at 5/94. God I'm just brimming with pride at what this team has achieved. They just showed the 302 being etched onto one of the windows at the Basin above Martin Crowe's 299. Awesome stuff. Love that both of New Zealand's greatest knocks have come on our greatest Test ground. The fact it's in Wellington makes it even better. :wink:

McCulluuum!

NZ should declare now. The game's already safe for them. India will need to chase down almost 400 at 5 an over. Not gonna happen. But what can happen is India crumbling under pressure and NZ sweeping this series.

One of the greatest knocks ever. Some have scored more in an test innings but few have done so with their team in such a precarious situation. I think they said it's the longest test innings in terms of time spent at the crease in history.

McCulluuum!

NZ should declare now. The game's already safe for them. India will need to chase down almost 400 at 5 an over. Not gonna happen. But what can happen is India crumbling under pressure and NZ sweeping this series.

And there's the declaration after New Zealand achieves its highest ever Test score. Neesham also got the record for the highest Test score by a number eight on debut.

The Indians must be knackered after such a marathon in the field. Hope the bowlers can tear through them.

One of the greatest knocks ever. Some have scored more in an test innings but few have done so with their team in such a precarious situation. I think they said it's the longest test innings in terms of time spent at the crease in history.

:up:

It's definitely the record for longest time at the crease for a New Zealander. Not sure if it beat the overall record or not. Such a studied, meticulous innings too, and to think McCullum wasn't even in perfect health!

And there's the declaration after New Zealand achieves its highest ever Test score. Neesham also got the record for the highest Test score by a number eight on debut.

The Indians must be knackered after such a marathon in the field. Hope the bowlers can tear through them.

:up:

It's definitely the record for longest time at the crease for a New Zealander. Not sure if it beat the overall record or not. Such a studied, meticulous innings too, and to think McCullum wasn't even in perfect health!

Looking at it, it's probably the 3rd, 4th or 5th longest of all time. I think he was just over 13 hours at the crease.

I am fucking livid I missed it. Was hoping to catch a radio stream at least. Fucking time zones and my medication making me sleep in for ages every morning.

Me right now reading stats:
Scammer_aliens.JPG

It's nice to hold some positive records for a change. :lol:

Dhawan and Vijay gone gone gone! 2/10!

Come on Kiwis!

To be fair, Dhawan wasn't out LBW but got given, so swings and roundabouts. India have received a fair degree of bad calls this series, so I wonder if it's starting to make them reconsider their opposition to the DRS.

All these maiden overs are great. Inching us towards a draw, and building up pressure to take enough wickets for a win.

We've got to get Kohli out soon. He's scoring too freely. Gutted that Southee couldn't hold onto that caught-and-bowled attempt off Rohit Sharma.

That's it! Match is drawn and the series is won! Our first Test series victory over India in more than a decade, and add that to our demolition job in the ODIs. What a summer! Brendon McCullum's 300 pretty much won us the series, and was an incredible stand in its own right. I'm just buzzing with pride right now with what this team has accomplished. We couldn't have dug ourselves out of such a deep hole just three or four years ago, let alone do it with a series in the balance. Stoked.

There we go, this avatar should do for a few days at least.

I'm really liking NZ cricket as a whole at the moment.

Course, they'd be rolled for 9 in the face of Mitch, but for now let's let 'em enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom