Official Cricket Thread Part 99.94

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fantastic innings by Ronchi. Took NZ from 156-9 to 230. Shame he fell short of what would've been a well-deserved century by just 1 run.

It'll still be hard to keep SA from chasing this down, but at least he's made a match out of it.

Good to see Vettori back. Also good to see Ronchi finally come good for NZ, has always been fairly handy, just hasn't shown it for them yet.

Word on the street is that the West Indies will be banned from the World Cup, and that legal action from India would bankrupt them. They would then have their test status revoked, probably forever with no infrastructure in place to get it back.

Thoughts? Devastating for the game, and a proud and historic collection of nations. The silver lining? Could Ireland finally be within touching distance of test status following more than a decade on a different playing field to the other associates?

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It would be an absolute tragedy if cricket lost the West Indies. The ICC needs to step in here, constructively.

Yep BCCI and Indian broadcasters will want to cover lost revenue from the tour. Not much can be done. The WI board really should have seen that coming and just stuck their hands in their pockets in the first place...

Pakistan batting against Australia. Johnson finding decent pace. O'Keefe gets a deserved look at test cricket.

Engrossing day of cricket. Great to see Younis Khan get a ton, he is hugely underrated, mostly because we don't see/hear much of him. And then just like I wanted Mitch came on and had him out two balls later.

Lyon will go to bed as excited as a puppy. He was getting prodigious turn on day one FFS.

Of course, we will get rolled for 150ish, and we are lucky Ajmal isn't playing, otherwise we wouldn't pass 50, with Clarke 20 and Smith 25*.

Kane Williamson better be fit for the World Cup! He's the one to lead NZ to glory.
Otherwise time to recall Sir Jesse Ryder. NZ need him.

It's like he was at cricket training practising basic catching practice with his teammates.

Aussies getting royally pantsed. Can't see a way out here. Pakistan have no real business batting on here, they are only giving the Aussies a chance to bat for the draw.

Enjoying the fight shown by Rogers, Smith and Johnson. Smith looked so depressed when he got out. Zulfiqar and Yasir Shah look like good players.

Enjoying the fight shown by Rogers, Smith and Johnson. Smith looked so depressed when he got out. Zulfiqar and Yasir Shah look like good players.

Yep - great effort from those three. I don't understand why O'Keefe is below Siddle... O'Keefe is an all-rounder.After 3 FC seasons, his batting average was high 40s... I know Siddle is better than your average number 10, but O'Keefe can actually bat

Pretty good to see Pakistan play well. It feels like they've been ordinary for ages.

Watched most of the last session. Was pretty depressing stuff. Even when we took the new ball our bowlers looked completely ineffectual. Azhar Ali is pretty horrible to watch. Younus, though, is a master. He's the first player since Herbert Sutcliffe in the late 20s to score three consecutive tons against Australia. Hit a couple of beautiful sixes off Lyon, getting down on one knee and just launching. They lifted their run rate in the final session, so I suspect they will either declare or be rolled around the 600 mark, then look to win by an innings, which is a definite possibility given none of our players seem to have the patience of Ali, and the Smith delivery that Warner nearly caught will excite Yasir Shah.

Rolled for 261, of course. Marsh top-scores with 87, their pacemen take five wickets getting some reverse swing and Shah, Babar and Hafeez doing the rest. Johnson gets two wickets but Pak are 360 ahead. Pathetic.

Maxwell is utterly useless. In that situation to score at a strike rate of 150, and run past one having a wild slog... This is our new number 3? Get fucked. I've never seen a more undeserving player wear the baggy green.

I'll start this off by saying a gigantic kudos to Pakistan.

I have spent years and years pouring over cricket stats. I might be young but I cannot think of a worst two Tests in Australian cricket history. Rolled for 261 chasing 6/570 is bad enough. But to then have Pakistan rack up 3/293 in 60 overs, with Misbah-ul-Haq equalling Viv Richards' record for fastest Test century ever (56 balls), Azhar Ali getting back-to-back centuries and Younus Khan hitting 46, that's just fucking outrageous. Ul-Haq is a brilliant player but he is fucking 40 and has a career strike rate of 41; now he co-owns the record for fastest ever Test century.

It was fucking stupid of Pakistan to bat on once they got about 450 in front, all that does is give Australian less time to hang on for a draw, but good on them. Just fucking atrocious shit from Australia.

Now watch as we're rolled for 220.

I actually can't believe I'm typing this, but Maxwell, on his eighth ball of the innings, an innings you're 600 runs in arrears with four and a bit sessions to save a Test, tried a fucking reverse sweep and was nearly bowled. He was out lbw four balls later.

Back
Top Bottom