Official Cricket Thread Part 104 off 31

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mohammad Irfan is actually taller than Sandi. The graph on the SkySports coverage has him at 216cm tall.

NZ would have to be the worst team as far as opening ODI partnerships go. It's as if Guptill and McCullum can't stand each other.

Mohammad Irfan is actually taller than Sandi. The graph on the SkySports coverage has him at 216cm tall.

Holy shit. Can we teach the guy to mark and get him into a footy team?

NZ would have to be the worst team as far as opening ODI partnerships go. It's as if Guptill and McCullum can't stand each other.

Ughhh it's so frustrating. It's this sort of thing that makes me worry if we can get past the semis. We're a good team but can we match it with Australia and South Africa?

Fifty for Guptill. Thank god. Hope he's batting himself into a bit of form.

Also, I love the discussion on Cricinfo about which Lord of the Rings characters respective cricketers would be.

I can't believe Guptill got out to that delivery. Should've hit it out of the park. Still, great knock, just what he needed right now, and hopefully he'll perform well on the big stage.

And good god Kane Williamson, what a cricketer. If it weren't for Vettori and McCullum he'd be my favourite. Can't believe we've got multiple players of such superstar calibre right now.

I hope that if Williamson gets a chance to get another hundred Ross Taylor won't run him out again.

Haha. All of New Zealand will call for Taylor's head if that happens again.

Pakistan looking to be in deep trouble right now. This total could be ominous - but then, it is Napier.

Afridi is so pissed at his keeper. Throws the ball down in anger, Kane walks a few metres to pick it up. :laugh:

Then he takes Irfan for 6.

Damnit Williamson don't get out!

Though still some good firepower to come. Kind of surprised that Ronchi wasn't sent in ahead of Elliott with instructions to go nuts for the rest of the Powerplay.

Edit: hang on, there was only an over or so of the Powerplay to go. I thought the majority was left. Disregard.

We've now gone past our previous highest ever score against Pakistan, 7/311. The records just keep tumbling this season.

What was that? There was some obvious noise but absolutely nothing on the hot spot. Thought they'd give Ronchi the benefit of the doubt there.

Damnit I've lost my stream. Were any of you guys watching just now? Judging by Cricinfo's commentary, it sounds like Ronchi may have been hard done by in that review. Gutted he was given out first ball! But hopefully Taylor can keep his fireworks going long enough to get a century.

The commentators said it's really hot so not much is showing on hot spot.

The commentators said it's really hot so not much is showing on hot spot.

What? Have we ever had problems with Hot Spot during games in Australia when it's been pushing 35-40 degrees? Can't think of that ever being an issue.

Makes it on the last ball. 100th ODI century overall for NZ.

Pretty great stuff, pretty happy for him.

Oh god I thought he wasn't going to get there for a minute! You can tell nerves got the better of him when he missed a couple of those full tosses.

What an innings. I'm stoked. Pakistan are fuuuuucked.

OK, a bit worried we've only taken one wicket so far. Pakistan so far are scoring at about the same rate we did. I have been concerned by our mild struggles to take plentiful early wickets - we do well in piling on the pressure and bringing about a collapse, but we've been playing teams that don't bat deep.

Good fightback by NZ after Pakistan got off to the perfect start.

How's Vettori bowling Ax? Only his sixth wicket at 70 since returning last year and first wicket in 2015 at 196...

Good fightback by NZ after Pakistan got off to the perfect start.

How's Vettori bowling Ax? Only his sixth wicket at 70 since returning last year and first wicket in 2015 at 196...

Very pleased we managed such a good win in the end. We've made an art out of using one or two crucial wickets to open the floodgates.

Vettori is one of those cases where statistics don't tell the full story. He consistently has the lowest economy of any bowler in the match, and it's the pressure he builds that brings wickets at the other end. Really miserly bowling. A couple of recent games have been classic examples of that - soon as he comes on, he totally shuts down one end, and after a few overs the batsmen start playing rash shots to lesser bowlers to restore the run rate and get out. Anderson and Elliott better buy Vettori the biggest fucking birthday presents because a number of their wickets really belong to him!

I am amazed by the form of both Smith and Williamson in recent times. Is there a more exciting aspect of modern cricket than seeing these two guys in their mid 20s dominating the world the way they are? Throw Angelo Matthews into the mix and test cricket has a bright future.

These two could start a world supremecy rivalry to match the late 90s/early 2000s rivalries of Tendulkar, Waugh, and Lara.

Domestic - NSW were 5/66 and 6/153, are currently 9/506. Nevill (who is my pick for next keeper) is on the verge of a double ton and Steve O'Keefe was out for 99, one run short of a maiden FC ton. Matt Wade hit 152 of the Vics' first inns 260 and they had QLD 3/7 and 4/33. The Bulls ended up with 512 with Lynn getting 250. And over in Perth Klinger is 176 not out as the Alcohol. Think Again Warriors sit at 3/386 in reply to SA's 328.

Crazy Shield round. Epic stuff from all of Wade, Klinger, Lynn and Nevill. Amazing the Blues were 5/66 and then DECLARED at 9/576

I'm not feeling great about New Zealand's insipid performance against Zimbabwe in yesterday's game before rain cancelled play.

Well, except for Guptill's century, which indicates he may have finally played himself back into form.

Back
Top Bottom