Official Cricket Thread Part 104 off 31

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm still watching South Africa/Zimbabwe, but was planning on switching over in a minute or two...

Gee this atmosphere is massive. Couldn't have picked a better venue for it.

All the streams I'm finding keep buffering like mad. Ugh. I guess there's some serious demand for this though, so it's not too surprising.

And yeah wow what an atmosphere!

All I'm going to say is that it's ridiculously idiotic of 9 to not have this match on FTA.

No kidding. I hate having to stream this.

Honestly I'd even pay for a cheap online package... might have to look into that.

Nothing's working, might get 10 seconds of play at best. Then it buffers for 15 minutes.

I just had a brainwave. I've got a relative who subscribes to Foxtel but doesn't use the Foxtel Go package - so I just rang them up and enabled my computer to use their account. This is great, it's streaming wonderfully. If you know anybody whose Foxtel account you might be able to use, get in touch with them!

Meanwhile, poor Zimbabwe! Miller and Duminy are fucking going for it now. About to fly past 300.

Edit: oh god, Miller just smoked THIRTY off one Mire over.

That's a terrible shame that it turned out like that. Makes all the early excitement meaningless.

I really feel bad for Zimbabwe after the great start they had.

Same! I really thought they could restrict South Africa to a gettable total, but they couldn't get that vital wicket to break Miller/Duminy and have a go at the tailenders.

Still, with a start like that, it makes you think Zimbabwe will be very competitive against the likes of the Windies and Ireland.

How are you feeling about the India/Pakistan game so far?

Same! I really thought they could restrict South Africa to a gettable total, but they couldn't get that vital wicket to break Miller/Duminy and have a go at the tailenders.

Still, with a start like that, it makes you think Zimbabwe will be very competitive against the likes of the Windies and Ireland.

How are you feeling about the India/Pakistan game so far?

It's pretty tense so far. Pakistan bowled well in the start, but India weathered that storm pretty well. With only one wicket down, I think we're looking at a score of around 300. And while that wouldn't be that big of a target on this pitch, it's going to be really difficult for Pakistan to chase it down ... what with their historically spastic chasing ability, along with the added pressure of having to do it against India in a world cup game.

Great fielding to capitalise on that running mix-up and get the second wicket.

This will definitely be a substantial target though. I don't see India falling in a heap. Atmosphere in Adelaide looks and sounds incredible.

Oh dear and now Shah has sent a chance over the ropes for six.

Pakistan really needed to hold onto those. Akmal's drop in particular was awful.

Yea Yasir Shah's catch would've been phenomenal, but that Akmal drop was the very definition of a regulation wicketkeeper's catch.

Meanwhile Zimbabwe are going along nicely at 80/1.

Meanwhile Zimbabwe are going along nicely at 80/1.

Very pleased to see this. Hope Masakadza can keep up the form he showed in the warm up against SL, and that Zimbabwe don't let the required run rate get away from them.

Still struggling with streams. Ugh. It was alright early in the afternoon.

You're welcome to come over here Vlad. :wink:

India seriously firing now-oh wait there goes Kohli! Too little too late I suspect. Apparently Pakistan's highest successful chase at a World Cup is that 262 against NZ in 1992 so they'll need something special tonight.

I just had a brainwave. I've got a relative who subscribes to Foxtel but doesn't use the Foxtel Go package - so I just rang them up and enabled my computer to use their account. This is great, it's streaming wonderfully. If you know anybody whose Foxtel account you might be able to use, get in touch with them!

Oh my god. Do you realise what you have just done? I had no fucking idea what Foxtel Go was, now I have Foxtel at my house. Because of you. I fucking love you, thank you so much.

What an over by Wahab!

Oh my god. Do you realise what you have just done? I had no fucking idea what Foxtel Go was, now I have Foxtel at my house. Because of you. I fucking love you, thank you so much.

Only too happy to help! Thanks to this I'm definitely going to get precisely nothing done for the next few weeks. :lol:

Wish I'd known about it two years ago when I moved out :grumpy:

And this is a spectacular finish by Pakistan. Hope they can make a game of it too. They should given India's lack of good bowlers.

Shit there goes Dhoni too! Let's not write Pakistan's obituary just yet. And oh my god Rahane too!

Though in Hamilton, Masakadza just fell for eighty. :(

Sohail Khan with best career figures right now, a good time to bring it up.

Wish I'd known about it two years ago when I moved out :grumpy:

Yeah, I only found out about it late last year sometime - and it turned out that (at least last year) Fox Footy wasn't included on Foxtel Go if you were using a laptop. I think it is included if you're using an iPad but I don't have one of those. So I sort of just forgot about it until now.

And this is a spectacular finish by Pakistan. Hope they can make a game of it too. They should given India's lack of good bowlers.

Great bowling at the end. They could chase this down. I hope it's at least close.

Now time to switch over to the Zimbabwe game for a little while...

Back
Top Bottom