Official Cricket 12/13 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Axver

Vocal parasite
The forum managed to dismiss the old thread quicker than Australia seems to be able to dismiss South Africa, so here we are with a new thread.

Continue.

Du Plessis seems way too nervous to get a century I think he'll get out unfortunately.

Wow look at this Kallis is giving Du Plessis every opportunity but he's like NUH UH and so he's been on 98 for one hour.

This is a classic case of the nervous nineties. Though du Plessis's dithering nerves are doing South Africa's cause favours as they try to grind this out! I'm starting to believe that they'll do it.

At the rate Kallis is going, maybe he'll reach a century before du Plessis! :lol:

Kallis is playing like hit-everything-edition of Adam Gilchrist in comparison to Du Plessis.

Always going to be difficult to finish this SA team off without a 3rd seamer on this pitch.

Doesn't help when you are putting down chances like Wade's though

Hurry up and get a run geez surely even Du Plessis is bored of blocking the damn ball every time.

Very well batted Du Plessis - if SA go on to draw this game, and potentially win the series now I'd say Rudolph's spot is in serious danger.

Every time Kallis scores a single off the first or second ball of an over, I know the rest of the over is going to be dot balls.

... hahaha, and there I go and jinx it. About fucking time, du Plessis! :lol:

I was going to say, he brings up his century after waiting, well, about a century to do it, and then suddenly he belts a four!

I hate it when they show the fall of wickets and the very next live ball they show is a wicket. :laugh:

Oh shit Kallis! This final hour is going to be epic. Can Faf keep it together with the tail?

FUCK what a great test match. Outstanding century by Du Plessis, very well batted. And then the second I look down Kallis goes. Game on. Come on you fucking Aussies let's do this!!

Also loving Nath Lyon.

Very well batted Du Plessis - if SA go on to draw this game, and potentially win the series now I'd say Rudolph's spot is in serious danger.

In danger from who? The only move they could make would be to bring in the black keeper (forgotten his name) and let AB just bat.

FUCK what a great test match. Outstanding century by Du Plessis, very well batted. And then the second I look down Kallis goes. Game on. Come on you fucking Aussies let's do this!!

Also loving Nath Lyon.

In danger from who? The only move they could make would be to bring in the black keeper (forgotten his name) and let AB just bat.

I was more talking about a full strength side in future, but that actually seems a decent option - No-one could argue that AB is anywhere near as dangerous when he is keeping. He is yet to score a 50 in 5 tests with the gloves.

Can anyone tell me why Johan Botha no longer seems to play for the South Africans but for the Redbacks? I'm pretty out of touch. Is he not good enough anymore?

I'm letting my patriotism out and calling an Aussie win. Siddle has been Herculean so I hope he can find another little something in this last 90 minutes.

Alright then you 3 - what will the result be?

I'm calling draw with 2 wickets in hand (Faf not out)

I think this might be my prediction too. Definitely a draw at any rate. I don't think Australia can blast through these four final wickets in just an hour, especially as long as Faf Roadblock du Plessis remains in.

Can anyone tell me why Johan Botha no longer seems to play for the South Africans but for the Redbacks? I'm pretty out of touch. Is he not good enough anymore?

He never really played tests anyway. Short-form player. Bowls the type of bowling that's more handy in those forms of the game.

Our state comp is pretty good so why not play here if you want long-form.

He never really played tests anyway. Short-form player. Bowls the type of bowling that's more handy in those forms of the game.

Our state comp is pretty good so why not play here if you want long-form.

I think he is out here to get some Ryobi cup games in while the Test team are touring - keep his name in the frame for the short form games for SA

Du Plessis has absolutely no confidence in handing the strike over to Steyn. :lol:

Hard to believe this is du Plessis's debut. This is some fantastic tenacity.

Meanwhile, presume you guys have seen that England's fucking steamrollered India?

Back
Top Bottom