Official Cricket 12/13 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm stunned the third umpire gave that out! There's a very faint noise, I don't know what, and I'd love to hear snicko, but there didn't seem to be any evidence to give it. Utterly no hot spot. Hell, had it been given out originally and Australia been able to appeal (rather than having already pointlessly wasted their review), I'd have expected it to have been overturned and given not out!

Yeah, exactly, and they're not meant to overturn decisions unless they have conclusive evidence. Even if you think that's out (I want to know what the faint noise was and suspect snicko may shed some light here), the evidence is by no stretch of the imagination "conclusive". Bizarre decision, and let's be honest, a bad one.

Well, well, snicko shows a small noise - but the ball appears to be past the bat. It must've been McKay's foot. Definitely a rubbish decision by the third umpire, making a mockery of the referral system.

Though I suppose Jayawardene needed a break after his terrible review luck so far this series! :lol:

Hughes keeping wicket since Haddin is off with a hamstring complaint!

Sri Lanka aren't exactly blitzing it but they're very much in control of this game.

Terrible debut for Richardson. Out for a golden duck with the bat, then after six overs with the ball he's been banned from bowling for the rest of the game for repeated transgressions in his follow-through. Feel for the guy.

Seriously, what the hell does the batting team do in this position?

Everywhere is a dead end.

Starc's just become top scorer and the only one to enter double figures. Can Doherty also sneak in to double figures? :lol:

I'm pretty bummed Australia have passed their lowest score ever. That would've been hilarious. Starc and Doherty really have nothing to lose at this point! Sad commentary that they're far and away the best Aussie batsmen today.

Wait wait WAIT, New Zealand scored a last-gasp victory over South Africa in the first ODI of the series? HOLY SHIT.

James Franklin, what a champion; four wickets and then he calmly steers New Zealand to victory with the bat.

Oh god, absolute howler of an LBW decision by umpire Erasmus to dismiss Warner, the one guy holding the Aussie innings together. Massive inside edge. But Australia absolutely wasted their one review checking Clarke's dismissal, which was never going to be overturned. That could change the course of the match.

I'm sympathetic with the argument that the DRS should be taken out of the players' hands because they are so appalling at using it - or at least that they need to be better educated to use restraint with the DRS and use it for howlers rather than when they're simply a bit in doubt or hope they might get lucky.

Though I don't see why there's only one review in ODIs compared to two per innings in Tests.

(And fuck me, another inside edge missed! Henriques' dismissal was as bad a call as Warner.)

How precious. They couldn't resume play last night because of the outfield, so it was a No Result.

I thought rain stoppages were to keep the wicket playable, the condition of the outfield was irrelevant?

Fucking glad I had an awesome gig to attend last night, or the abandonment of the game would've been a massive downer.

On the upside, it's now impossible for Australia to win the series.

That's a pretty great read. About the only thing they get wrong is that cricket is slower than baseball. Longer, yes. Slower? Not by a long shot. If nothing happens in cricket, less than nothing happens in baseball.

The man-crush on Afridi is hilarious.

Now, recent results:
1. Shame Sri Lanka couldn't manage a miracle yesterday. Tied series. Ugh. Jayawardene's probably going to give the Sydney umpires a hiding for abandoning a game that should've belonged to them.
2. AHAHAHAHA NEW ZEALAND WON THE ODI SERIES OVER SOUTH AFRICA AAAAHAHHAHAHA

Back
Top Bottom