Official Cricket 11/12 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon our bowlers can at least go where no Englishman could and snare a wicket?

Time for Dan the Man to do what he hasn't done in years... and bowl the sheepshaggers to victory.

At this stage, Australia has more of a chance of bowling themselves to the final than we do.

This start is really fucking ominous.

We need a flurry of wickets. Nothing else will do. Yet these two openers are pretty much the two wickets you are least likely to get in this entire tournament.

Put it this way: we're fucked if either Tharanga or Dilshan get stuck in. Even if they don't, there's still Sangakarra to worry about.

Also, one of the commentators totally can't pronounce the last name McCullum. Who knew we had two guys called MacClum on the team?

we're fucked. it's not our world cup.....in breaking news.

if wright can pull the same shit he pulled with india, we are a no bullshit chance of winning the world cup. but frankly, i want to worry about our test team too.

Honestly, if we can win the 2015 World Cup, I don't care if we lose every single Test between now and then.

As for now, just want us to put up a bit of a fight and make the Sri Lankans fucking WORK for this final sport.

1/73. Now's the time when we need another wicket, or this game will slip away quicker than Dilshan can bash a four.

1/110? This game has slipped away, barring the greatest of miracles.

Those five wides I think just killed our last chance to apply enough pressure and sneak a miracle.

Valiant effort by New Zealand. The Sri Lankans now just have 14 to get off 24. Should be easy.

There we go, Sri Lanka through to the final after we pushed them further than I think most people expected. Great fightback, creating chances and pressure out of basically nothing, and so wonderful to see us have a good World Cup. Fine send-off for Vettori - last World Cup, and possibly last ODI? Andy McKay was truly outstanding with the ball, especially for somebody who'd basically just got off the plane and walked onto the field, into the Colombo heat. After all of us expected the worst before the tournament began, I think the Black Caps have done us proud.

SL are worthy finalists, and seem to be a good chance of picking up the trophy. As for the Black Caps - bring on 2015? Maybe by then we'll have a sufficiently sturdy batting attack.

Also, those Sri Lankan fans, good christ can they party and dance! I feel tired just watching them. Or maybe that's the 4am speaking. :crack:

Unlucky Ax, was a good effort by the Kiwi's. Gave it more of an effort than we did although they did look incredibly tired by the end of it. Must have been exhausting in that heat.

Think Sri Lanka are worthy finalists because they're an excellent one day side and have been for a long time.

Should be a cracking game tomorrow.

Those conditions look brutal. The team really gave it their all, I can't fault them for that. If only the batsmen had put 30 or 40 more runs on the board, we may've been able to do it. I think it's impressive our bowlers managed to get through the rock-solid Sri Lankan top order and have a go at the middle order. Also, good send-off for Murali in his final game at home. Always been one of my very favourite bowlers.

Tomorrow's game is going to be HUGE. But honestly, no matter who wins, I'm starting to suspect the Sri Lankans may actually come away with the trophy. Can't see them losing to Pakistan again, and India - well, no team has ever won the Cup on home soil before ...

Bravo, New Zealand. That they made it further than any other non-subcontinent team is awesome. Particularly coming from a side that was beaten 4-0 in one-dayers by Bangladesh with a similar team not a year ago.

And it was Vettori's last ODI, yes.

SHANE WATSON is vice captain?

SHANE WATSON?!

Oh my god I was only joking earlier WHAT THE FUCK. This immature little twerp doesn't have the level-headedness or tactical nous to captain a fucking under-13s team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom