Offical English Footy Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bedouin fire said:
mourinho is the best coach in the world. he will win everything in england with chelsea.

Sadly (for me as a UTD fan) it looks like you may be right.

In the The Sun today, the chief sports write Steve Howard, says how Chelsea owe a debt of thanks to the paper, for exposing last year, the talks between Sven and Roman, about the up-coming vacant managers position at the Bridge.
If Sven had of taken over, Howard quite rightly, states that there is no way that they would be 10 points clear at the top right now.
It would be Arsenal and UTD fighting all the way, leaving Sven's Chelsea (Veron/Bridge/Cole/Johnson - along with many other italian 'stars' drafted in for an absurd amount of cash) fighting for 3rd place.

actually they should thank Costinha

if he hadn't scored in the last minute at Old Trafford, Porto would have been eliminated

and who would have bothered about Jose Mourinho then?

yertle-the-turtle said:
actually they should thank Costinha

if he hadn't scored in the last minute at Old Trafford, Porto would have been eliminated

and who would have bothered about Jose Mourinho then?

we are used her in portugal to have matches lasting 90 minutes. I didn't know it was different in england... but wait! didn't united win the champions league some years ago with two goals in extra-time against bayern?
i am confused now ...:scratch:

bedouin fire said:

we are used her in portugal to have matches lasting 90 minutes. I didn't know it was different in england... but wait! didn't united win the champions league some years ago with two goals in extra-time against bayern?
i am confused now ...:scratch:

See poor Man United were expecting the rule that has been in force in England for the last decade that if the match is at Old Trafford you play injury time until Manchester United win.

Aardvark747 said:
Oh and btw....Craig Bellamy - biggest prick in the footballing industry. I've always said it, now it appears i'm being proved correct.

He's the best player at the club though. I think it's nice that someone finally reacted to the the fact that a major club is run at the whim of Alan Shearer.

...and so Bellamy is in the process of doing a deal with Birmingham. Well, if Bruce can cope with Robbie Savage (the 2nd biggest knob in English Football) then maybe he can put Bellamy to good use.

3-1 UTD today btw - Boro will score first.

tarquinsuperb said:

He's the best player at the club though. I think it's nice that someone finally reacted to the the fact that a major club is run at the whim of Alan Shearer.

Agreed. I don't get why every pundit (or Graeme Souness) rattling Bellamy as thinking he's bigger than the club (which he is) and you've got Alan Shearer around.

Now I like Alan Shearer, I think he's a brilliant striker who seems to be able to score both the bread-and-butter goals as well as the spectacular ones. However, the last two managers who dropped him got fired. Coincidence? I don't think so.

That said doesn't change the fact Bellamy, apart from Robbie Savage, is possibly the biggest prick in the whole league.

A bit of a tangent here, but do you UKers have tickets to see the band? They're playing loads of football stadiums in Europe and I'm curious to see where you're going. Don't worry, I won't beg for tickets - being thousands of miles away kind of hinders that. :wink:

yertle-the-turtle said:

A bit of a tangent here, but do you UKers have tickets to see the band? They're playing loads of football stadiums in Europe and I'm curious to see where you're going. Don't worry, I won't beg for tickets - being thousands of miles away kind of hinders that. :wink:

I'm going to Cardiff with a couple of mates with my presale tickets and I'm going to Twickenham 2 on my own. Hoping I can somehow get a ticket for Twick 1 before June and i'm trying for Dublin tomorrow.

Another win for Chelsea this is just getting boring but back to Bellamy I thought the point of management was to handle difficult people and situations when you aren't neccesarily comfortable with them and putting the team rather than yourself first. Souness has always been useless at this maybe he got the job because he is one of the few with an ego to match that of Alan Shearer.

tarquinsuperb said:

I'm going to Cardiff with a couple of mates with my presale tickets and I'm going to Twickenham 2 on my own. Hoping I can somehow get a ticket for Twick 1 before June and i'm trying for Dublin tomorrow.

Another win for Chelsea this is just getting boring but back to Bellamy I thought the point of management was to handle difficult people and situations when you aren't neccesarily comfortable with them and putting the team rather than yourself first. Souness has always been useless at this maybe he got the job because he is one of the few with an ego to match that of Alan Shearer.

lol! Totally agree with that theory tarquin!
Im off to Cardiff too btw - hope it's a goodun!
:wink:

Peter Hill-Wood is going to the F.A to report Chelsea for apparently 'tapping up' Ashley cole - which if found guilty, they could be deducted points!!

oh...if only this actually goes though, i'm sure it wont tho.

please....i highly doubt that mourinho and kenyon would be so stupid as to have a meeting with cole in a public place if they were planning to "tap" him. it's a complete load of rubbish.

and i guess the italians didnt like the joke JM made about meeting with adriano and not cole on thursday. they got mad and started issuing statements of their own. :lmao:

and like the news of the world is such a reliable source too. :tsk:

Interesting that Arsenal are suddenly keen to take a moral stance - Cesc Fabregas anybody.
I quite enjoyed the story as Cole is one of my absolute favourite players and I would love to see him at the Bridge every week. I don't think I would be that surprised if it were true as Wenger didn't say that Cole had denied anything and we all know what Kenyon is like.
Considering the money situation and previous supporter behaviour I don't think you can ever occupy the moral high ground as a Chelsea fan.
Here's to an exciting game tomorrow, I really couldn't care less about the result as they are both so far behind - I'm just watching with ammusement from a distance.
And yeah the Cardiff gig is going to be superb.

tarquinsuperb said:
I really couldn't care less about the result as they are both so far behind - I'm just watching with ammusement from a distance.

:madspit:

Sadly, you are right. Here's to a bigger fight next season!!
If we win tonight, we will take 2nd place, i'm sure of it. And probably go on to win every game til the end (except Chelsea - which will hopefully end in a draw!):wink:

lol! I'm wearing my UTD shirt to work today, and some guy just came into the shop with an Arsenal one on...

There was an eerie silence as we looked at each other - only for about 2 seconds, but it was long enough to realise, this is more than just a game of football!:wink:

Aardvark747 said:
lol! I'm wearing my UTD shirt to work today, and some guy just came into the shop with an Arsenal one on...

There was an eerie silence as we looked at each other - only for about 2 seconds, but it was long enough to realise, this is more than just a game of football!:wink:

*cue the spaghetti western music*

:lmao:

i can see it now

i'm truly hoping that you guys cancel each other out and get a draw. but if someone has to win i would prefer man utd cause then that'll get wengers panties in a real bunch.

Last edited:
Sweet Tart said:

*cue the spaghetti western music*

:lmao:

i can see it now

i'm truly hoping that you guys cancel each other out and get a draw. but if someone has to win i would prefer man utd cause then that'll get wengers panties in a real bunch.

:wink:

I'm watching the game in a Chelsea shirt with a smile. It's a shame they can't both lose but still. I can't bear to see United win they need taking down a peg or two they've become very cocky recently plus Ferguson and Gary Neville are the World's worst losers so that will be amusing. Mind you Wenger isn't a million miles behind those two. Come on suspensions.

YYYEAAAHH!!!

Wonderful game! Couldnt of been more happier with the result! And getting a 4th - well, that was just magic! Poor poor Arsenal!

Silvestre was a prick for getting sent off like that, as was Rooney in the latter stages of the 1st half, he could've easily gone then. Luckily Fergie must've given him a bollocking at half time, and sent them all out there to win.
It was a shame that the sending off, forced Ronaldo into being subbed, HE could've been in the position that O'Shea was, and got the 4th, and HIS 3rd.

Oh well, great result for us! Let's see if Blackburn can do us a favour against Chelsea tonight.

13 games to go and Chelsea still need to play United and Arsenal.... im sure ManU can still get very close.... but they need to maintain their run..... and the distractions of the other 3 cups might as yet affect Chelsea.....

c'mon United fans..... dare to dream (and please beat Milan!)

Aardvark747 said:

Oh well, great result for us! Let's see if Blackburn can do us a favour against Chelsea tonight.

No chance surely? They were dreadful at the Bridge in October but they are much improved of late and their recent form is good and so it looks a fairly reasonable candidate for an upset.

tarquinsuperb said:

No chance surely? They were dreadful at the Bridge in October but they are much improved of late and their recent form is good and so it looks a fairly reasonable candidate for an upset.

My thoughts exactly. Hughes seems to have settled things a little there right now, and i'm just remembering that the only team Chelsea have lost to in the league so far, is Man City - so I guess anything's possible!:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom