Octagon Bar: Drunkards Unite!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pax said:
I don't know why he isn't off getting drunk in the middle of a field of sheep yet. I think he's leaving town for the weekend.

I'm waiting for Jason to arrive from Germany. He has to go meet Nikki first.

In the meantime, I'm having my one and only can of Guinness.

** Saunters into the bar from the shadows that I've been lurking from **

Hello gals! :wave: I was just waiting for a topic that really perks up my ears. U2 Tickets!!!

** Pours another coffee for myself and gives a knowing nod to Tara before beginining the ticket talk **

I'm so pleased with how the U2.com ticket sale went this 2nd time around :yes:

** Sits down on couch with a big grin **

I bought 4 u2.com membership in preparation for this tour and for a little bit, I thought perhaps I was taken advantage of but they totally did me right. On the 1st leg, I had bleacher seats for 3 shows and GA for 1. At the time I was content to have at least one GA experience, and with Tara along it was going to be exciting no matter where we sat. :dance:

** Puts arm around Tara while sipping on my coffee **

And then Larry got mad :mad: and cleaned up the ticketing system :rockon: And I got my codes reissued for the 3rd leg of the tour. Well, I got 3 out of 4 reissued and I was able to get GA for Portland and one of the DC shows. I used my other code for bleacher seating at the other U2 show, but that's fine. What makes this sweeter is that when I tried the general sale, I totally got locked out, I didn't even get a whiff at a ticket. Ticketmaster totally locked me out, so without U2.com I would have only gotten 1 pair of tickets. :yes:

** Gives Tara a light squeeze when getting to the good part **

And then to my surprise a little lady here on Interference had some left over presale codes and now we'll be at MSG too! :dancing:

So all in all, Tara and I will see some of you at:

April 20th - Denver
April 21st - Denver (GA)
May 14th - Philadelphia
October 19th - DC (GA)
October 20th - DC
November 21st - NYC (GA)
November 22nd - NYC (GA)
December 19th - Portland (GA)

8 Shows, 5 GA's, no scalpers, with Tara my bride, Priceless :wink:

:D So who's going to be there at MSG when we're there in winter? I know Rebekah is going, anyone else?

pax said:
Wheeeee! When is he coming in?

I haven't got a clue, guess it'll be late. He'll leave his barracks after dismissed from duty (or whatever they do) and then he has to get to Hanover which I believe is some 40 miles away and then fly possibly via London or Amserdam. I don't expect to see him for at least another few hours, especially as he has to see Nikki first (i've got a funny feeling he might just miss that bit out).

ewen said:

I haven't got a clue, guess it'll be late. He'll leave his barracks after dismissed from duty (or whatever they do) and then he has to get to Hanover which I believe is some 40 miles away and then fly possibly via London or Amserdam. I don't expect to see him for at least another few hours, especially as he has to see Nikki first (i've got a funny feeling he might just miss that bit out).

:(

Well, I hope he gets there quickly and safely, of course.

Y'all going home?

pax said:

:(

Well, I hope he gets there quickly and safely, of course.

Y'all going home?

no idea how long he's over for yet. he mentioned something about going up north. if he's up for just the weekend then i'll talk him in to staying here and making the most of the city otherwise yes we'll go up north. i sense he might just be wanting some peace and quiet and not wanting to bump into Nikki if we go out....................

*scratches record off the deck*

..............Jason just phoned, his 'trooper' plane had to make an emergency stop in England and they're getting a coach up to Scotland. He's gonna be here between 3am and 4am. Oh well.

:banghead:

The ignorance of some people never fails to fucking amaze me. I'm working on a text on developmental psychology, and there's this section on rape that could have been written 100 years ago.

ewen said:

..............Jason just phoned, his 'trooper' plane had to make an emergency stop in England and they're getting a coach up to Scotland. He's gonna be hear between 3am and 4am. Oh well.

:sigh:

:hug: well, I know you'll have a great time.

pax said:

:sigh:

:hug: well, I know you'll have a great time.

at 4am? i'll be putting matchsticks under my eyelids to stay awake - he's staying here and so i'll have to stay awake for him.

so.......you doing anything later? i may be in need of assistance to stay awake. :)

Why don't you just have him call you when he gets there and get some sleep in the meantime?

I don't know if I'll be busy tonight. What's in it for me, captain? :sexywink:

the above is a total lie. I will be at home packing once I come back from shopping.

well, according to what he said on the telephone, his ex girlfriend has spent all the money out of his British bank account so he's skint (guess who all the beers will be on?), so he had to borrow 50p to make the phone call to me....he has no credits on his mobile.

anyhow, when i'm asleep i'm dead to the world.

okay, if you don't want to speak to me then fine.....i'll have to go and find some other woman to talk to :wink:

don't think my mother would appreciate a phone call that early in the morning

ewen said:

okay, if you don't want to speak to me then fine.....i'll have to go and find some other woman to talk to :wink:

don't think my mother would appreciate a phone call that early in the morning

Fiiiiiiiiiiiine, be that way. You might get some funny looks from your friends if you make out with your mom at a U2 concert, but hey, I'm sure your mama is a sweet lady. :wink:

I'm going dress shopping after work and dropping some stuff off at the house. Give me until, say, 7:00 my time. That should be safe.

:kiss:

pax said:

Fiiiiiiiiiiiine, be that way. You might get some funny looks from your friends if you make out with your mom at a U2 concert, but hey, I'm sure your mama is a sweet lady. :wink:

but i'm not going to see U2 with any friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom