Octagon Bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lmao:

nice one enajh - you'er spot on!

so i'm 22...23 next month.
far too close to christmas to have a bitrhday:(

**wind whistles through bar and a tumbleweed rolls across the floor**

nobody about then hey. guess i'll just have to get myself a drink. it is friday after all and bonfire night too! yay. must make self tipsy so that the fireworks look prettier! :lol:

**pours self very very large drink, pops achtung baby on the jukebox and slumps on the sofa**

a perfect friday afternoon

Last edited:
digsy said:
**wind whistles through bar and a tumbleweed rolls across the floor**

nobody about then hey. guess i'll just have to get myself a drink. it is friday after all and bonfire night too! yay. must make self tipsy so that the fireworks look prettier! :lol:

**pours self very very large drink, pops achtung baby on the jukebox and slumps on the sofa**

a perfect friday afternoon

* Sneaks in behind the sofa, POPS UP AND YELLS *

:yell: BOO!!!

Did I make you spill your drink? :laugh:

* Hops over top of the couch and flops on the cushion next to Digsy *

Busy weekend ahead? And what's the bonfire?

bastard! you gave me a fright! :lol:

bonfire night or guy fawkes? do you nkow what it is?

5th november every year is guy fawkes - "celebrated" as rememborance of guy who got caught trying to blow up parliment in like 15th or 16th century or something like that. not certain of the details but he got caught and burnt to death ona bonfire - hence bonfire night. kids used to burn guy fawks efigies on fires and there are massive fireworks displays all over.

i think tahts it, feel free to correct me anyone

Last edited:
digsy said:
:lmao:

nice one enajh - you'er spot on!

so i'm 22...23 next month.
far too close to christmas to have a bitrhday:(

:confused: I wasn't even thinking about PLEBA or anything to do with it. I just wanted the coolest avatar and one that might draw some attention to me! :angel: :reject:

This was a contender but again it doesn't reduce well :(

ceshortdri_e0.gif

:D

My birthday is on the 6th January. So I would have to agree it's too close to Xmas.

heres a better description - correct spelling and all!!

In 1605, Guy Fawkes (also known as Guido - yes, really) and a group of conspirators attempted to blow up the Houses of Parliament.

After Queen Elizabeth I died in 1603, English Catholics who had had a rough time under her reign had hoped that her successor, James I, would be more tolerant of their religion. Alas, he was not, and this angered a number of young men who decided that violent action was the answer.

One young man in particular, Robert Catesby suggested to some close friends that the thing to do was to blow up the Houses of Parliament. In doing so, they would kill the King, maybe even the Prince of Wales, and the Members of Parliament who were making life difficult for the Catholics. Today these conspirators would be known as extremists, or terrorists.

To carry out their plan, the conspirators got hold of 36 barrels of gunpowder - and stored them in a cellar, just under the House of Lords.

But as the group worked on the plot, it became clear that some innocent people would be hurt or killed in the attack. Some of the plotters started having second thoughts. One of the group members even sent an anonymous letter warning his friend, Lord Monteagle, to stay away from the Parliament on November 5th. Was the letter real?

The warning letter reached the King, and the King's forces made plans to stop the conspirators.

Guy Fawkes, who was in the cellar of the parliament with the 36 barrels of gunpowder when the authorities stormed it in the early hours of November 5th, was caught, tortured and executed.

It's unclear if the conspirators would ever have been able to pull off their plan to blow up the Parliament even if they had not been betrayed - some people think the gunpowder they were planning to use was so old as to be useless. Since Guy Fawkes and his colleagues got caught before trying to ignite the powder, we'll never know for certain.

Even for the period which was notoriously unstable, the Gunpowder Plot struck a very profound chord for the people of England. In fact, since the failed coup, the reigning monarch only enters the Parliament once a year, on what is called "the State Opening of Parliament". Prior to the Opening, and according to custom, the Yeomen of the Guard search the cellars of the Palace of Westminster. Today, the Queen and Parliament still observe this tradition.

These days, Guy Fawkes Day is also known as Bonfire Night. The event is commemorated every year with fireworks and burning effigies of Guy Fawkes on a bonfire.

Some of the English have been known to wonder whether they are celebrating Fawkes' execution or honoring his attempt to do away with the government.

**Runs into the bar - again**

Hey... I could actually use a drink you know... before having some of the real stuff... A Jameson...? :flirt:

** Looks at her watch**

... I've got 1 hour to kill before I'm going out...

starsforu2 said:
Too much! :laugh: And very accurate :shifty: :reject:

And what would you know about that...? :sexywink:

:lol:

**pours merc a jameson**

1 hour - me too, and then its off to drink myself silly and look at pretty colours in the sky!

digsy said:
**pours merc a jameson**

1 hour - me too, and then its off to drink myself silly and look at pretty colours in the sky!

Thanks Digs! :D:up:

If I'm seeing pretty colours in the sky tonight... then I've had way too much to drink! :lol:

Merc said:
And what would you know about that...? :sexywink:

:lol: [/B]

>>> Pours Jameson for Merc <<<

Well, I did get lost over there once, looking at all the pretty Plebans, but then I clicked on another link and discovered lots of pictures of Bono biting hands, and I ran away.

I know LB is brave enough to actually post, and I had my Pleba moment when I posted Adam in all his glory right here in this bar. But in Adam's case, it really was artful. Even if I wouldn't hang it in my living room. And to answer your next question, it's not because I feel threatened by Adam's .... Apple. :wink:

starsforu2 said:
And to answer your next question, it's not because I feel threatened by Adam's .... Apple. :wink:

:laugh: Can you actually... read my mind...? :flirt:

:ohmy: :shifty:

enajh2 said:
Last one, I promise...

penguin12.gif

Is there anything cooler than a foot-tapping, shade-wearing penguin? :ohmy: :lol:

The main fireworks display here in Loughborough is tomorrow night :cool:

http://www.lufbra.net/displaypage.asp?pageid=5698

All of your animations have been smooooth. I wanted to take make this one into my Avatar, let's see if it will display correctly

Attachments

• suitcaseani.gif
    suitcaseani.gif
    20.9 KB · Views: 30
starsforu2 said:
Well, I wasn't reading your mind, so much as watching where your eyes went. :shame: :wink:

I didn't... :reject: :eek:

**Empties her two Jamesons very quick**

Excuse me, could I get another drink...? :flirt:

<<Rolls overe to juke box and finds UB40.... Red, Red Wine goes to my head...>>

Ok, I've had martini's, margaritia's and cointreau... so what should I have now... hmmm oh what the hell some B52s would be good....

Merc said:

I didn't... :reject: :eek:

**Empties her two Jamesons very quick**

Excuse me, could I get another drink...? :flirt:

I'll get you another one... on one condition. You need to make sure that you are more discreet when you stare at the boys. When your jaw does :shocked: we can tell that you've been looking too hard. :D :tongue:

>>> Slides another Jameson over to Merc <<<

Aw, you know I'm just teasing. :hug: I should have my eyes revoked with the amount of staring I do at the lot of you. You ladies make us :combust:

**lines up 2 shot glasses... pours in kahlue, baileys and tops it off with tequila**

there you go tania, on for you, one for me!

Hi, yes thanks, its been a hell of three weeks but thats okay I'm the lucky one, I get to walk away from it all.

Is that the "Tania" song, really you don't have to worry...

:wink:

time for something a little bit special i think...

**pulls out kahlua, irish cream, amaretto and vodka and pours a shot of each into a shaker with ice**

"shake it, shake it, shake it, shake it, shake it, shake it, shake it like a polaroid picture...!" :D

*ice in glasses and strains the drinks in**

aint that beautiful... :yes:

ladies and gentlemen, may i present to you...... a... um... Screaming Orgasm!

digsy said:
time for something a little bit special i think...

**pulls out kahlua, irish cream, amaretto and vodka and pours a shot of each into a shaker with ice**

"shake it, shake it, shake it, shake it, shake it, shake it, shake it like a polaroid picture...!" :D

*ice in glasses and strains the drinks in**

aint that beautiful... :yes:

ladies and gentlemen, may i present to you...... a... um... Screaming Orgasm!

:reject: After all the time I've spent in the bar, I've never seen fit to produce a Screaming Orgasm. They should take away my "Man" card. :shame:

Man Digsy must be in a great mood to produce so many Screaming Orgasms. Did you make one for everyone, or should we all make our own? ::ohmy: I think Screaming Orgasms are much more appealing when shared. :flirt:

Last edited:
ooh ooh

i'm in the "jack and dianne" song

who does that - is it john mellencamp

Yummm Screaming Orgasms...

:drunk:

Blessed or cursed... depends on your perspective.....

There is also a doozie of a country and western song that just makes me cringe called "Tania". I thought you meant that ....

Now how about a little more reggae.... <<plonks Is this Love on the juke box>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom