Octagon Bar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
starsforu2 said:

:no: not you. I was referring to the "heavy" topic that Stars introduced. I mean it's all our bar, so anything goes. I would just rather not get into politics here. But, everyone can bring up what's most on the heart as well.

Sorry Stars, just not in the mood for disagreeing right now.

ohhhhh, okay
I started feeling reallt wretched that i offended you
now i feel better:hug:

amazon or from a store?
need all special features goodies to go along with u2 listening enjoyment
I still think that the u2 ipod should come along with band member to install the digital box set (I'll pick Edge...), cook you dinner, etc.....

nurse chrissi said:
amazon or from a store?
need all special features goodies to go along with u2 listening enjoyment
I still think that the u2 ipod should come along with band member to install the digital box set (I'll pick Edge...), cook you dinner, etc.....
I went on amazon
I think if somebody comes with the u2pod they could do a hell of a lot more for me than just that!:wink:
if you get edge then i get bono

u2bonogirl said:

I went on amazon
I think if somebody comes with the u2pod they could do a hell of a lot more for me than just that!:wink:
if you get edge then i get bono

that is why I put the etc.... on the end of the message:wink: open ended invite:ohmy:

I haven't ordered mine yet. I'm so paranoid it's going to arrive late so I've always just went to the store.

Didn't we have this discussion before :scratch: I recall somone saying, order the deluxe, by the CD/DVD combo on the day it's released. :shrug:

I just really want my iPod. I've already begun to receive a few of the accessories I ordered (like a belt clip, for exercising) and it's like having lingerie and no girlfriend. You know what's it for, but it's pretty damn useless without the rest of it :madspit:

:laugh:

starsforu2 said:
I haven't ordered mine yet. I'm so paranoid it's going to arrive late so I've always just went to the store.

Didn't we have this discussion before :scratch: I recall somone saying, order the deluxe, by the CD/DVD combo on the day it's released. :shrug:

I just really want my iPod. I've already begun to receive a few of the accessories I ordered (like a belt clip, for exercising) and it's like having lingerie and no girlfriend. You know what's it for, but it's pretty damn useless without the rest of it :madspit:

:scream:
i want my iPod!
I dont know when i will be getting it, since my dad just forked out a lot of cash for my sisters wedding
but i know im getting it
someday:(

:lol: lingerie w out a girlfriend
you could always wear it yourself :sexywink:

starsforu2 said:

:no: not you. I was referring to the "heavy" topic that Stars introduced. I mean it's all our bar, so anything goes. I would just rather not get into politics here. But, everyone can bring up what's most on the heart as well.

Sorry Stars, just not in the mood for disagreeing right now.

:sad: I'm sorry...I wasn't trying to be disagreeable....

starsforu2 said:

that is excellent - when I got my 3rd generation ipod I felt like I had to have the accessories to go with it - so I'm pretty much set - advice to you would be to get the separate earbuds at the apple store - the ones that come with the ipod are pretty bulky and didn't really fit in my ears well
also the itrip is essential
You are going to love the ipod - mine pretty much goes everywhere with me - I have around 600 u2 songs on it - I believe I have around 20 versions of some songs!

yes I have the ipod on next day shipping:reject:

Last edited:
Chrissi....I went to my local Borders bookstore and preordered it there...which basically means that they will have it on the 23rd and put one aside for me. Better than doing it online cause that'll show up later....

Yeah, I'm jonesing for my U2Pod...I called the Apple store and compulsively made sure my order was OK....I'm a big fat loser today

:laugh: i just found an old pic i drew for art class in like 10 minutes
they said to draw a thumbnail of anything you wanted in 10 minutes and then move on to the next thing
so of course bono popped into my head!:wink:

33%3B%3C859523232%7Ffp7%3Enu%3D3232%3E675%3E%3A93%3E2323675%3B84459ot1lsi

starsgoblue said:
Chrissi....I went to my local Borders bookstore and preordered it there...which basically means that they will have it on the 23rd and put one aside for me. Better than doing it online cause that'll show up later....

Yeah, I'm jonesing for my U2Pod...I called the Apple store and compulsively made sure my order was OK....I'm a big fat loser today

did you ever find out how many have been sold? I think btw you and I the apple store is probably wishing they never put the 1-800-my-apple number up!
Off to Boarders tomorrow after work!

Tara- you are an artist too!!! v.v.v. cool

nurse chrissi said:

Tara- you are an artist too!!! v.v.v. cool

um- more like a bono addict!
lol
i wish i lived closer to borders. i have to drive about an hour and a half to find one
i was there a couple days ago and freaked out because there was a u2 promo poster in the window
it was just out of my reach and i was trying to show it to everyone who was in the parking lot so i jumped up and down all excited going
look look!
se you guys?
november 23rd!
you gotta get it
look arent they cute?

oi- i am such a dork sometimes

nurse chrissi said:

that is excellent - when I got my 3rd generation ipod I felt like I had to have the accessories to go with it - so I'm pretty much set - advice to you would be to get the separate earbuds at the apple store - the ones that come with the ipod are pretty bulky and didn't really fit in my ears well
also the itrip is essential
You are going to love the ipod - mine pretty much goes everywhere with me - I have around 600 u2 songs on it - I believe I have around 20 versions of some songs!

yes I have the ipod on next day shipping:reject:

Thanks for the tips. I feel like I'm joining a lifestyle. Soon, I'll need to fully accessorize my iPod. Pretty soon after that I'll be buying a Volkswagon Bug with a giant flower inside of it. :no:

dork is cool - I did the same thing when I saw it. :reject:
my credit card just about cries everytime I enter Boarders - it knows that it is about to get a serious beating (of course it feels this way with about every store....)

they say the iPod generation is a lifestyle
oh gawd i have a friend with the flower bug
i would put adams family style flowers in there if i had one:D
roses with their heads chopped off
maybe just because im grumpy lately:wink:

nurse chrissi said:

did you ever find out how many have been sold? I think btw you and I the apple store is probably wishing they never put the 1-800-my-apple number up!
Off to Boarders tomorrow after work!

I actually asked if they have sold alot. And the wonderful woman Suzanne said as a matter of fact they had and she was surprised cause they aren't in stores yet. I told her, "Well U2 fans are diehards..."

Yeah def. go to Borders. You don't even have to prepay like you would online....

Off to get beer #4 since I'm feeling like a talentless hack today and don't need to save the braincells anywas....

nurse chrissi said:
dork is cool - I did the same thing when I saw it. :reject:
my credit card just about cries everytime I enter Boarders - it knows that it is about to get a serious beating (of course it feels this way with about every store....)

I cant have a credit card, otherwise i would max it out on best buy and borders!
well....and victoria's secret
I have a thing for underwear
i used to go every month and spend a bunch of money
now i have more underwear than i know what to do with!

starsforu2 said:

Thanks for the tips. I feel like I'm joining a lifestyle. Soon, I'll need to fully accessorize my iPod. Pretty soon after that I'll be buying a Volkswagon Bug with a giant flower inside of it. :no:

The BMW would be the ultimate ipod accessory - and don't think the thought hasn't crossed my mind - so I would have to work a bit of OT - but the car......

and yes it is like joining a lifestyle - people who don't have an ipod don't understand the need to carry the ipod around like a child :) - when you get one you'll understand

Last edited:
nurse chrissi said:

The BMW would be the ultimate ipod accessory - and don't think the thought hasn't crossed my mind - so I would have to work a bit of OT - but the car......

That's an accessory I could get used to :yes: I never thought I would become an Apple Guy. I've been talking smack about them for years. I've softened over the past year, wondering if they will allow me to make movies easier. Not that I'm a moviemaker, per se, but if you have the technology, abuse it. :D

I am a total apple convert now. the ipod turned me into one which is something that I understand has been happening (hence the fact the G5 look like an ipod on steriods)

I took a test drive in the BMW - nummy - never thought I could feel that way about a car pure love/lust.

Last edited:
nurse chrissi said:
I am a total apple convert now. the ipod turned me into one which is something that I understand has been happening (hence the fact the G5 look like an ipod on steriods)

I took a test drive in the BMW - nummy - never thought I could feel that way about a car pure love/lust.
i test drove the 350Z
and scared the crap out of the poor salesman!
its a sweet car
i like cars

nurse chrissi said:

My only fear, is that I'm going to keep my PC, so investing in a Mac is a luxury that I don't need. Kind of like having two cars one driver. Now, if my spouse (my fictious one that I use to illustrate various points) were to be amenable, it would be cool to get one for her and then monopolize it when she's not looking.
I feel the same about Cooper Mini's. I wouldn't buy it as my primary car, but it looks like it might be fun to own. Another thing that my wife gets to buy. :shrug:

beer adds volume to hair (as I am a girl I have all kinds of useful knowledge about these things). My shampoo smells like vanilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom