Oasis to release its album in may

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Holy John

Acrobat
Apparently, Oasis will release its album on may 7 (that's on The Masterplan site tmp.com I think).

Mmmmmmmmm... they could also release it when the chicken will have teeth if you want my opinion. Apparently, Noel considers not putting "The Hindu Times" on it. That song rocks, even if the bootleg I got sucks and that the sound is awefull and you barely hear one riff (but the riff rocks
smile.gif
)

A radio promoter who heard Oasis work said the next album will be BIG AND MASSIVE... ROCK 'N'ROLL LIVE FOREVER

cheeeeaarrzz

------------------
United Nations : www.un.org - UNICEF (United Nations Children's Fund) : www.unicef.org
UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) : www.unesco.org

Ej?rcito Zapatista de Liberaci?n Nacional (EZLN) : www.ezln.org
"The one who governs with weapons is surely poor in ideas" - Marcos

Solidarit?s : <A HREF="http://www.solidarites.org

Parti" TARGET=_blank>www.solidarites.org

Parti</A> pour une Alternative Progressiste : www.parti-rap.org

thanks Holy J....about time to.....can't wait for new material
biggrin.gif

I'd heard too, but now the band's official site is saying that May 7 is not confirmed, and that the album would be released over the summer. But the first media outlet to report the supposed date, Entertainment Weekly, is highly reputable and says they obtained this information from a reliable source at the record label. Guess we'll have to wait and see. I think May 7 sounds reasonable given the upcoming gigs at Royal Albert Hall in February.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by DebbieSG:
well we have the brothers right here to confirm, where are they??

Prolly sleeping. It is past the drinking hour there, so I'd wait a few hours for them to awaken.

------------------
Change is the only constant

I've heard May/June from a few sources over here..sounds accurate to me but knowing how important this album is for them I imagine it may be extended

i heard noel in an interview recently say the band had finished but just needed liam to lay down the vocals. seeing he was on one of his druken benders it was proving difficult...

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Though I don't know any of their latest bootlegs, I can't imagine the new album will be good. I hope so, but it surely won't. I liked Be Here Now, but SOTSOG was no big deal.

------------------
Take the money and run

I liked SOTSOG. The bass on it is McCartney-propelled, but so fucking good.

Some people bash Oasis by saying : "They sound like the Beatles" or like whatever other bands. Yeah, they sound 70s-ish. But is it good or not ? Yes... Oasis is better than a lot of shit going around, and I'm not only talking musically.

------------------
United Nations : www.un.org - UNICEF (United Nations Children's Fund) : www.unicef.org
UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) : www.unesco.org

Originally posted by theSoulfulMofo:
I gave up on Oasis after Be Here Now...
frown.gif

"Y'know, the day I started... we started the band, we were in a room playin' music fer ourselves... and we hope people like it. And if they do like it, its [little McCartney-ish move with the hand] very fine and nice [not understandable]... And now people come to us sayin' "Yer a big band, you gotta make music fer the fans". No. No, y'knowhatImean... things don't change. So we do our records and the fans are with us. Its good". - Liam Gallagher (that's what he'd probably say to you
smile.gif

The next album will surely rock. You've got Andy, he's a frecking good bassist and a nice composer. And Gem... Gem... Gem.... ITS GEM.. a formidable rock guitarist. His band, Heavy Stereo, made excellent indie-rock.

------------------

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
Yay!! Can't wait to see more fighting from Noel and Liam. hehe

Well, they are doing pretty fine together right now, they've stop figthing each other since Noel returned touring during the SOTSOG Tour. They're more quiet now, but Liam is Liam and Noel is Noel. Even Gem, last summer, kind of bashed Madonna after seeing her show in London. He said things like "We don't need jumpers and acrobats. We're only there, playing, and the people get in it. We don't need bullshit". or "What can Oasis learn from Madonna ? Not selling tickets at ?85". or "She came with her guitar, she played and I thought 'yeah yeah, you learned two chords, who gives a fuck ?". I like Gem.

But surely Noel wants a fight with Eminem. But Eminem dosen't seems to care I guess. Noel has been pretty hard on him these days.

------------------

Back
Top Bottom