Oasis live album : 'Familiar To Millions'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bu2iful

Babyface
I bought this a few days ago, and it is great. 'F*&^in' In The Bushes' is a great opening jam that builds and builds. The sound is amazing. Any thoughts on Oasis or this live album are appreciated. Also does Oasis have a live video out?

I'm an Oasis fan. I've got all their albums, plus a couple of singles. Their B-Sides are of great quality (they've got a B-Side album, 'The Masterplan'.. excellent).

The live CD is great... if you want to see it live, they also released the show on video, under the name 'Familiar to Millions' as well. The VHS features an interview with Noel and Liam about the tour, discussions with roadies, etc... the DVD features other stuff.

They have 'There and Then...', recorded at Earls Court and Maine Road (Manchester) in their '95-'96 tour, with the old line-up (Bonehead and Guigsy). They also have another live video 'Live by the sea', recorded when Tony McCarroll was their drummer (with his eternal same beat.. dum-tccch-dum-dum-tccchh, dum-tccchh-dum-dum-tcchh....). It was recorded in '94 I believe, but I don't have it.

Oasis is a great band... very '70s, but it's excellent... I like their last album, 'Standing on the Shoulder of Giants'. Many people don'T like it, but it's excellent. 'Gas Panic' is "fookin' great".

They will release a single in october, along with an album due around christmas time. According to Gem Archer (the new brilliant guitarist [doing the solos in 'Go Let It Out', 'Who Feels Love' on Familliar... along with others]) it's "due to be a record-breaking album.

cheers

------------------
=HJ Clandestino=

"Hell is other people" - Jean-Paul Sartre

"There's no shame in preferring happiness." - Albert Camus

"Let us be realists... let us insist on the impossible". - Ernesto 'Che' Guevara

"Give in to temptation before it goes away" - ?picure

live video called "live by the sea" is great too, its not "there and then", but is still a good purchase, just listen that version of "sad song", amazing!

personally, i dont like familiar to millions video, liam voice sounds awful (and he was very drunk), and noel seems to be angry or something, but the music is great, their attitude is what i dont like; but it had some great performances, like "gas panic", "step out", or "Go Let it out"...

"hello manchester..." top!
smile.gif

Love it soooooo much. Love the emphasis on DM and SOTSOG(Where's Where Did It All Go Wrong, though?), my two fave Oasis albums. The best song on here, quite easily, is Step Out. But Go Let it Out and Who Feels Love really kick, too. And Gas Panic goes without mention.

FTM is a sweet album. I still haven't watched the whole video yet (what's wrong w/ me?)...

There and then is a great video, but I heard that by the sea was actually better. I haven't seen the latter...

As usual, I can't wait for the new album....

------------------
All is quiet on New Year's Day
Think I'll try and impress my mates
So I jumped into the lake
I won't do that again
Here we go again - A

IM me at popkidu2

Thank you all for your thoughts on Oasis. I tried to find some of the videos, but to no avail. Any ideas of where to purchase them in a store or on line?

A question about 'Familliar'. On the CD, Liam sings during all of 'Wonderwall'. On the video, Liam sings half of it and changes the words (of course, he manages to get a couples of "fuckin'" and the tone of his voice is not the same). Where does the 'Wonderwall' version of the CD comes from ?

cheers

------------------
" I still believe all you need is love, y'know. But I don't think that by just saying it that things will change..."
- John Lennon

Back
Top Bottom