Oasis - Heathen Chemistry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foxxern

Refugee
Well, I know the album was leaked a couple of months ago, but now that its finally in our hands, what do you listeners think of it? I think its really different from anything they've done before, not as bombastic or over the top. It still has a definite Beatles influence, but come on, who doesn't? ;) Liam has finally learned how to write (Songbird) and the album has a great flow to it.

For me, the best tracks are Little By Little, She Is Love, and of course Stop Crying Your Heart Out. The opening three tracks really rock too, so overall I'm very pleased with it. I don't know how well it will sell here, but at this point I hardly care, when I look at the crap that dominates the charts.

LIVE FOREVER! :cool:

picked it up on tuesday and have been enjoying ever since. i agree with your thoughts on the better songs on the cd.

it does flow very well and the opening three tracks especially give it a great setting to move on from..She Is Love and Stop Crying Your Heart Out so far are still my favourites..hope it does well over in the US and gets more exposure

bullet the blue sky said:
It's piss poor. Listen to it then listen to Definitely Maybe. You will agree

Ive had Definitely Maybe in my stereo all week...apart from Shakermaker that album is how Oasis should be remembered.

Heathen Chemistry lacks depth imo

ive only heard 2 tracks. Stop Crying Your Heart Out I like a lot but thats probably because it does sound a lot like their original good stuff.
i heard yesterday that they are coming out here at the end of the year.
last time they were here, another band were too. maybe its a sign?

yeah right!!!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Right now it's my third favorite album of the year.

No. 1- Silverchair- Diorama (This album is so gorgeous....)
No. 2- Weezer- Maladroit (A band that continually tops themselves)
No. 3- Oasis- Heathen Chemistry (Shows hope for the future, not as strong as the first two, but very few albums by very few artists are)

I expect the new Red Hot Chili Peppers album to do some major shuffling of this list though.

The album is really great, but I miss the passion of the early days. Though I love to listen to it, sometimes I feel like the band is going through the motions. It totally blows away SOTSOG and BHN, and like i said, it's the third best album I've heard this year. Liam's greatness is finally realised, as he wrote two of the best songs on the album (Born on a Different Cloud and Songbird), and a very solid effort in Better Man. Not to mention his vocals vastly improving from the last outing. Noel's writing is standard Noel fare for the most part, but some songs really do sheee-yine. I just find it strange that the only song that sounds like it could have been from Definitely Maybe was written by a member who wasn't even in the band then. Hopefully the more cooperative Oasis can push forward. If this album is any indication, they will shine for a few years to come.

I like it very much. Favorite songs: She Is Love, Stop Crying... and Born On A Different Cloud.

Didn't expect them to write such good SONGS for this album.

anna

Back
Top Bottom