Oasis fans....suggestions please?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neutral

genius of compression, Forum Moderator
forty miles from atlanta, this is nowhere
Um I'm not sure why it took me this long but I am a new fan. Yes, just now. :uhoh: I did a search and read about their new album coming out next year and the DVD...what are some good albums to pick up while I wait?

I have none and I am not kidding. All I have is the Glasto set (which I've watched over and over) and some videos. :huh:

I personally think that all of their albums are great, but I'm just a little biased (since they are my 2nd favorite band after U2).....here's how I rank their albums....

- Definitely Maybe (quite possibly the best debut album ever)
- (What's the Story) Morning Glory
- Heathen Chemistry
- Familiar to Millions (live cd)
- Standing on the Shoulder of Giants
- The Masterplan
- Be Here Now

'definetly, maybe' is a good album. 'what's the story morning glory' is good.

'acquiesce' is possibly my favorite song of theirs.

Thanks, probably going to go see what I can pick up at the record store tonight. I went a little nuts getting bootlegs this morning and this is quickly heading towards near-U2 level obsession. :drool:

And I've missed 7 albums already? :angry:

hey neutral, how did the new songs (a bell will ring and the meaning of soul) sound at glastonbury?

I'd also recommend (What's the Story) Morning Glory. I have four of their albums, and that one is my favorite by a long shot.

get them allcause they are all excellent! :up:

i would recommend getting WTSMG? and definately maybe first.

I got WTSMG and Heathen Chemistry last night, found them both used. :hyper:

Hopefully going to get Definitely Maybe ASAP and maybe that DVD of it soon since umm.....Noel. :angel: yeah. anyway.

This is getting bad...oh well, at least I have something great to listen to while I wait for the new U2.

neutral said:
Um is it true that U2 wrote a song with Noel Gallagher that was supposed to be on the new album? :crazy:

He wrote a song with Bono called "One Step Closer To Knowing".

As far as album recommendations go, buy Definitely Maybe, Morning Glory and the b-side compilation: The Masterplan (Oasis are the best b-sides band by far in my opinion)..I'm a big fan, but their last few albums are very average, so follow my advice and you will be laughing like this:

:D :laugh:

Last edited:
i used to listen to oasis, very much, quite like u2, but the last 2 records were bad, very bad, i think albums like definitely maybe and what's the story morning glory will remain one, actually i don't see the same success of the earlier times, but i hope they'd come again on top!

mikal, I absolutely love "Be Here Now." It has my favorite Oasis song on it, Don't Go Away. And it has other great songs like Stand By Me, All Around the World, D' You Know What I Mean, etc.

And their last two albums (Standing on the Shoulder of Giants and Heathen Chemistry) were anything but average. They were both fucking great. SOTSOG has classics like Where did it all Go Wrong, Sunday Morning Call, Gas Panic, Go Let it Out, Roll It Over, Fucking in the Bushes (the greatest instrumental ever). And Heathen Chemistry has Stop Crying Your Heart Out, Little by Little, Songbird, The Hindu Times....and I can go on and on......you get the point......every album Oasis has put out has been great

Morning Glory and forget about the rest.

I used to have Definitely maybe and Be here now, but didn't keep them, partly because I think they sounded repetitive (any single I heard post Be here now didn't do a thing for me, and while Songbird is a pleasant song, it's such a blatant Beatles ripoff it hurts) and partly I got put off by the huge Gallagher brothers' egos.

(my favorite song is Whatever)

I knew there couldn't be an Oasis topic without an unimaginative "Beatles rip-off" comment..;) As for the last three Oasis albums, they all have a few great individual songs, but overall they are not good works, and I say this as a massive fan of the band :(

Black Math said:
I knew there couldn't be an Oasis topic without an unimaginative "Beatles rip-off" comment..;) As for the last three Oasis albums, they all have a few great individual songs, but overall they are not good works, and I say this as a massive fan of the band :(

the next will be good again :wink: i've heard it's coming out soon, they've recorded already 4 songs,it may be released around february! actually noel stated this!

i've always personally thought of Oasis as having a big Beatles influence, not as rip-offs.

Back
Top Bottom