Oasis - Don't Believe The Truth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2One

War Child
So who went out and got the album?? I got it last night at Tower and I LOVE it. I think it's their most complete album since Definitely Maybe. It's one of those albums where I can't pick a favorite song because they're all so good. Let's see some reviews..

Diane L said:
I've got it and will be playing it soon. Best Buy has enclosed an additional 5-song live set from '94, which is sweet.

I got the same one. But the dual-disc won't play in my car! So I had to burn it so it would be compatible. But I love the cd, I really like Let There Be Love.

Apparently it will chart really high this week in the US...I hope it does, it is an excellent album...also there are a couple of bonus tracks floating about now called:Sittin' Here In Silence On My Own, and Pass Me Down The Wine. The latter is a great little song.

Last edited:
it's a great album. personally i enjoyed this more as a complete album than teh last 2. i already have it d/l to my ipod.

so far my favorite is part of the queue.

keep the dream alive, now theres another classic oasis song!
this album is brilliant!!

the more i listen to it the more i love it.....there's not a bad song on it.....glad to have oasis back

U2One said:
there's not a bad song on it.....

This is exactly what I was thinking about this morning. I had the album on repeat last night and I found myself, even after a couple of times through, listening to every single track! Usually, by the third time through an album I've chosen my favorites and I immediately skip to those... but I love every song on this album!

Part of the Queue rocks

As does Love Like a Bomb and The Importance of Being Idle

:heart:

sami0201 said:

I got the same one. But the dual-disc won't play in my car! So I had to burn it so it would be compatible. But I love the cd, I really like Let There Be Love.

I have to hear it a few hundred times to decide. I like Lyla (it's my name after all :giggle: ), and Let There Be Love stands out for some reason. Some of the vocals on that song remind me of Squeeze.

:) I like oasis. ok i love them. but i bought the album tuesday! and it's so great! all the songs noel sings are like wow and then the songs liam wrote... wow man, i love liam songs... he's so great at songwriting! wooho! long live liam, man. my fave song is let there be love :D It's so... beautiful I guess is how I would put it hehe.

Lila64 said:

I have to hear it a few hundred times to decide. I like Lyla (it's my name after all :giggle: ), and Let There Be Love stands out for some reason. Some of the vocals on that song remind me of Squeeze.

I never realized the Squeeze thing..but I hear it now!

Okay. I listened to the album for the first time this morning with several people I work with.

Everyone LOVED it!!!! And I wanted to weep with joy at the realization that Oasis is BACK in a big, BIG way!!!!!!!

THIS is the band I loved more than any other--yes, even U2--in the mid-90s. THIS is the band I listened to more than any other--yes, even more than BonoEdgeAdam&Larry--in the mid-90s.

Will this translate to U.S. chart success? Who knows, and even more importantly, who cares? What IS important is that OASIS IS BACK!!!!! YAAAYY!!!!

Its great...every member stepped up their songwriting, Andy Bell's "Turn Up The Sun" and "Keep the Dream Alive" are brilliant, Gem's " Bell Will Ring" is an excellent, crisp guitar track, Liam and Noel both improved a hell of a lot from the last album as well..this is easily their third best album.

In case anyone's wondering the bonus tracks/b-sides so far are:

Eyeball Tickler
Sittin' Here In Silence On My Own
Won't Let You Down
Pass Me Down The Wine
Can Y'see It Now?

Count me as someone who has been sick of seeing all these Oasis threads,

and as someone who kind of steered away from them their last two albums,

BUT,

I have to say that this new album is fantastic. They stripped away most of their experiments, and have come up with a classic rock and roll record.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom