Oasis - Don't Believe The Truth

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a great album. The first four songs are aweosme. I'm very much into The Importance of Being Idle right now, it's one of Noel's best songs. I love the whole feel of the song. Mucky Fingers is my second favorite after Layla!!! Great track! Turn Up The Sun is an awesome opening song but it's missing a solo before going slow again at the end. Keep The Dream Alive is defenitly a classic Oasis song already. It's going t sound gret live. I very much like the changing of vocals on Let There Be Love. Noel is great on this album as a singer. The acoustic punk rocker of The Meaning Of Soul is pretty cool. Too Bad Eyeball Tickler is not on the album, great riff.

Also I really, really like Guess God Thinks I'm Abel (however I wish the outro part where it kicked up a notch would have lasted a little longer).

Pass Me Down The Wine should have been added to the album, its a nice propulsive acoustic rock tune...Love Like A Bomb is a great pop song as well, a nice progression for Liam's writing.

I haven't heard the five additional songs mentioned in this thread. I must find them. Wow, I'm behind.

Yeah, seek 'em out! Eyeball Tickler is on the Lyla single, and Pass Me Down The Wine will be on the 2nd single, but its also obviously online now..

"I carry a madness everywhere I go
Over the border and back to the snow
So if you see me and I look right through
You shouldn't take it as a reflection on you."

Last edited:
The first three I've listened to are quite enjoyable. Still waiting on Eyeball Tickler and Can Y'see It Now.

"Can Y'see It Now?" is the mostly instrumental "hidden" track after "Let There Be Love." It was on the leak as "I Can See It Now."

"Eyeball Tickler" and "Won't Let You Down" are the B-sides to "Lyla."

Dunno what "Sittin' Here In Silence On My Own" and "Pass Me Down the Wine" are, but I want them.

Last edited:
hippy said:
Everytime I hear "Let There Be Love" I think of John Lennon...

Part of the Queue and The Importance of Being Idle are, as of now, the two standout tracks for me :up:
Those two tracks are the ones ive been skipping to lol... i love them so much, and then i and skip to let there be love, but i also really love meaning of soul :heart: it's so short, but so GREAT! :wink:

great to hear that everyone is enjoying the new oasis album. the main thing i noticed about it is that liams songwriting has gotten so much better. love like a bomb is such a great song. :heart:

yea "Let There Be Love" definitely sounds like their take on Lennon's "Imagine"....

As a diehard Oasis fan, I'm glad to see that everyone here is loving this new record. It's time that Oasis finally get the credit and recognition that they deserve...

The comeback starts here...

There were a number of big tunes left off this album, Stop The Clocks (7 minutes) I Wanna Live In A Dream In My Record Machine (10 minutes!! and slo best song title ever)..so I kind of hope they build on this excellent album and try and come up with a major masterpiece.:drool:

I listened to Eyeball Tickler and Pass Me Down The Wine and wonder why these songs didn't make an already great album a little better....

Eyeball tickler is awsome! I haven't heard Pass Me Down the Wine yet though :D. I really really really really really really really LOVE Won't Let You Down :heart: It's so great "No I won't let you down, hate to say you're surrouned by clowns, looks to me, they've their day..." or somethin like that lol. I think he sounds like John Lennon in it so much!

now im not so sure, while i own defintely maybe, be here now, whats the story..., heathen chemistry and i do think they have some good sogns in there. nothing really blows my mind, ill download it perhaps but im too broke for now to spend 15 bucks on a cd im afraid will sound like the rest, and plus those gallaghers brothers can go to hell:mad:

;) just kidding about the last part, but yeah.. i am too broke .. im not even gonna buy x&y:|

Back
Top Bottom