Oasis accuse Green Day!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimmmm

Refugee
Noel vs Green Day
(Thursday December 21, 2006 06:27 PM)
Noel Gallagher has accused Green Day of ripping-off one of his biggest Oasis hits.
The rock hero has claimed in a new interview that the global smash "Boulevard Of Broken Dreams" is based around his own "Wonderwall".

Well, as much as I like Oasis, it does seem a bit like the kettle calling the pot black, I've lost count of how many artists Oasis have blatantly ripped off over the years. Anyone agree?

Meh.

Shakespeare stole his plots, but he was still the world's greatest writer.

There are only so many chord progressions and melodies in the world.

As long as you write something that is vaguely catchy, or can hold my interest, I will probably like it.

Agreed.As Yoko Ono once said,when asked about Beatle tribute bands......"Oasis are the best I've seen".

When I first heared Gone from the Pop,I thought it was U2's attempt to play Oasis at thier own game.

In the interview on Channel 4 in the UK a couple of Sundays ago,when asked about listening to new music,Adam said something like.....".......when Oasis release a new song,we say " yeah,that's good......but we can write better!"". Game,set & match Mr.Clayton.

Someone made a mash-up of Wonderwall and Boulevard of Broken Dreams, which was sometimes played on XM radio. They actually do sound very similar but it is something I would have never noticed.

Of course, I also never noticed that Dani California and Mary Jane's Last Dance sounded the same until I heard them side-by-side.

Green Day was already accused of stealing that song (at least the intro and riff) from a bar band in San Diego, and settled out of court for about a quarter million. So it wasn't anything to do with Oasis!

Headache in a Suitcase said:
:huh:

perhaps noel should move the CD up one track and listen to the blatant Imagine rip off at the start of Don't Look Back In Anger before he starts bashing someone else

The similarity of "Get in on" T. Rex riff and Cigarettes and alcohol is also noticable.

If we're gonna start talking about Oasis rip offs then you have to mention 'Shakermaker' and 'I'd like to teach the world to sing'. Can't remember who thats by.

And also 'The Hindu Times' riff is exactly the same as Sterophonics 'Same size feet'.

This quote from Noel is not new, it has a few months...
Anyway, shut up Noel and get back to your music.

The sequence he's talking about is one of the most frequent and unimaginative in pop music... Oasis may not have been the first to do that...

I love oasis but noel should STFU sometimes...

btw, has anyone noticed that "Don't Go away" beginning riff it's a rip-off of U2's One riff?

It is the EXACT same chords, timing, etc. It's how that remix came around. Travis came very close to the same chords with Writing to Reach You.

Oasis is quite probably the most overrated band of the 20th and 21st Centuries. They have some "decent" tunes but they are simply NOT THAT GOOD. When will everyone just realise this once and for all!!!

Harry Vest said:
Oasis is quite probably the most overrated band of the 20th and 21st Centuries. They have some "decent" tunes but they are simply NOT THAT GOOD. When will everyone just realise this once and for all!!!

never. stfu

Harry Vest said:

Oasis or Green Day?

Back
Top Bottom