O.a.r.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knox

Refugee
These guys (Of A Revolution) are playing a show here in West Lafayette in a couple months. I've never heard of them, but apparently they have a pretty large following. I was wondering what people here think of them, whether it's worth going, etc.

I know nothing about them but my 19 year old son is a HUGE fan. I showed him this post and his reply was:

WHAT? YES, OF COURSE YOU SHOULD SEE THEM LIVE!

He listens to everything really. One day its Tom Waits, the next day underground hip-hop. For X-mas, I bought him a Misfits box set and Tom Petty's greatest hits...I can't really pin him down to a genre. :shrug:

I asked him about o.a.r's sound and he said they're "like Dave Matthews...but good" :laugh:

ive only heard a couple songs of theirs

their most famous one is crazy game of poker and i like it

if you like college jam band type bands, then youll like them

I think they are very 5 years ago, but maybe that's just me, and maybe because I am originally from Ohio, where they're from, and they were big there then.

And this also might be because they remind me of dave matthews band, which I am very over. :|

OAR's a good group. They seem to be U2 fans themselves too. They covered WOWY a couple of times and I heard they played "Walk On" as they took the stage on their tour last summer.

If that counts for anything...

jeffD

show your soul

Back
Top Bottom