Now,post a picture of your crib, er pad or home

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Angela Harlem said:

Oh, that's not the worst of it! Here are some other questions that people have asked me (very seriously, mind):

"Are you guys Christian, or do you worship sun gods and that sort of thing?"

"Do you have paved roads in South Africa?"

"Do you have cars in South Africa?"

"Do you have running water in South Africa?"

"Did you have to watch out for tigers and stuff when you went out?"

"Are you British?" (because all people who say to-mah-to are British.)

PlaTheGreat said:
:love: Tigers! :love:

Geographically wrong, but :love: nonetheless.

Seriously. :lol: I've seen tigers in zoos. Just like the rest of people in North America. The most exotic animal to ever wander into my garden was an elephant, and that was when we actually lived in the bush! It's not an everyday occurrence. :banghead:

Did you really live in a bush?
105.gif

PlaTheGreat said:
heather_1nov07_wenn_360.jpg

She's livid!

I ♣ HEATHER MILLS

PREMIER WILLIAMS: I want you to come to Newfoundland and Labrador. I want you to know the truth and the facts. And I'm certain that you will partner with us and move this forward because I think we can convince you that this is a very humane undertaking.

P. MCCARTNEY: Well, we're here, Danny. You don't need to invite us. Thanks for the invitation, but we're here. We're actually in the studio here. We are in Newfoundland. And we saw the seals yesterday.

[ :blahblah: ]

PREMIER WILLIAMS: First of all, Paul, you're in Prince Edward Island now. And I'm in Newfoundland and Labrador.

GibsonGirl said:
This is what I lived in before I moved to Canada:

mudhut.jpg

"OH MY GOD! You're from South Africa? Like, did you live in a mud hut?!"
"Of course. There were lions in my back garden and everything"
"OH MY GOD! That's so cool!"

:rolleyes:

My aunt and uncle live there, but they're filthy rich apple plantation farmers, so I'm fairly certain they have a two storey mud hut.

GibsonGirl said:

Oh, that's not the worst of it! Here are some other questions that people have asked me (very seriously, mind):

"Are you guys Christian, or do you worship sun gods and that sort of thing?"

"Do you have paved roads in South Africa?"

"Do you have cars in South Africa?"

"Do you have running water in South Africa?"

"Did you have to watch out for tigers and stuff when you went out?"

"Are you British?" (because all people who say to-mah-to are British.)

God, people are so dumb.

So anyway, did you have to sleep in a mosquito net? I bet you did. I saw pictures of Africa once, and it was really dirty and looked a little stagnant. The water and all that, anyway.

Gibson Girl - on behalf of all Canadians, I would like to apologize for our ignorance...

And now I'm going to be an ignoramus and ask why Diamond's posted link wouldn't be safe for children? I don't have any of my own which may explain why I don't see the dangers...

ladywithspinninghead said:
Gibson Girl - on behalf of all Canadians, I would like to apologize for our ignorance...

And now I'm going to be an ignoramus and ask why Diamond's posted link wouldn't be safe for children? I don't have any of my own which may explain why I don't see the dangers...

Well, 1st off it's not my home, only similar and in the general of about 700 plus.

Secondly

If you met my kids you would see that they've been instructed on how to read and handle situations.

Putting it lightly they can hold their own well and are quite fierce.
:)

<>

Okay, but I'm still unsure why some consider the house you posted "unsafe" - your answer leads me to believe it's because of the easy access to the yard? Or is there a low fence surrounding the pool?

I'm merely curious :shrug:

I thought the comment about "unsafe" was directed at the idea of putting your real house online, as in announcing to the world "HEY EVERYONE, THIS IS WHERE I LIVE! COME BREAK IN!"

:wink:

Ah, okay, I hadn't thought of it like that because I just figured it wasn't his house (I just assumed one wouldn't post their real address here) - thanks!

Last edited:
Never assume anything here. :wink:

And Gibson Girl, some NAmericans aren't too cluey about Australia either:

Is that near Germany? You speak English real good! :huh:

:D

blueeyedgirl said:
And Gibson Girl, some NAmericans aren't too cluey about Australia either:

Is that near Germany? You speak English real good! :huh:

I went to Georgia once in July. A very nice woman in a store said to me that I must be relieved to come down from Canada and bask in this heat. I think she was crushed when I told her that the temperature was about the same that time of year.

Back
Top Bottom