Now Playing: Lions to beat the All Blacks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marty Willson-Piper -- Forget the Radio

easy for him to say -- his record/cd collection numbers in the tens of thousands.

MWP -- I Don't Think So

yikes! this is fast becoming the MWP appreciation thread.

...could be worse I guess :wink:

Marty yet again. This time it's "Luscious Ghost" now fading out....

and "Scandinavian Stare" is coming on.

MWP -- Can't Ever Risk An Openess With You

not sure what Church songs (I heard that most of the recent ones Marty named) can have such nice short titles...but his own songs have these long ass titles. :huh:

MWP -- Adelle Yvonne

I really like this song. :)

indra...they played the Church earlier on the new wave show I'm listening to (their most well-known song, "Under The Milky Way"), and I thought of you immediately :). Nina was talking about how they've just finished making an album...but I assume you already knew about that :p. But yeah, just wanted to share that.

Still listening to the show-"Girlfriend Is Better" by the Talking Heads is playing right now. Which is rather freaky, as when Nina announced these guys would be coming up earlier, I immediately thought of this song and thought that it would be the song that would play :ohmy:. Weird.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:
indra...they played the Church earlier on the new wave show I'm listening to (their most well-known song, "Under The Milky Way"), and I thought of you immediately :). Nina was talking about how they've just finished making an album...but I assume you already knew about that :p. But yeah, just wanted to share that.

Angela

Cool! Even my sister now tells me when she hears a Church song. I guess my Church geekdom is getting legendary. :rolleyes: And you know whenever I hear that Under The Milky Way was played on the radio I remember a comment from Steve when I was chatting online with him and mentioned I'd heard it on the radio. He said (well, typed) "another 2 cents in steveo's bank account." So I always think, "whoa, two more cents." :)

Yeah, I do know about the new album... (titled Uninvited Like the Clouds) I think the damned thing was completed in March and was scheduled to be released in mid-September, with a US/Europe tour to follow starting in October. However, both the album release and the tour just got pushed back to 2006. Bastards!!! :madspit: (I do say that with the greatest affection though... :shifty: :D )

I really can't bitch too much though...they've released 6 or 7 cds since 2002, and have at least one more scheduled for release before the new "official" release. Plus there are re-releases of four of their earlier albums coming up, and several solo and side projects have been released or re-released recently also. I was just looking forward to seeing them this fall. :(

Much more than you wanted to know, wasn't it? :huh:

Listening to MWP -- Melts My Heart

indra said:
Cool! Even my sister now tells me when she hears a Church song. I guess my Church geekdom is getting legendary. :rolleyes: And you know whenever I hear that Under The Milky Way was played on the radio I remember a comment from Steve when I was chatting online with him and mentioned I'd heard it on the radio. He said (well, typed) "another 2 cents in steveo's bank account." So I always think, "whoa, two more cents." :)

Haha, yeah, wow, that's a lot.

You got to chat with one of the guys from the band once? Cool :).

And my family's the same way when they hear/see U2 somewhere. The other morning my sister saw that the "New Year's Day" video was on TV and she tried to get me up to see it. I didn't get up in time, though, and my sister's later like, "Your guy was on TV this morning.".

indra said:
Yeah, I do know about the new album... (titled Uninvited Like the Clouds) I think the damned thing was completed in March and was scheduled to be released in mid-September, with a US/Europe tour to follow starting in October. However, both the album release and the tour just got pushed back to 2006. Bastards!!! :madspit: (I do say that with the greatest affection though... :shifty: :D )

LOL, aw. Well, I bet it'll be worth the wait.

Originally posted by indra
I really can't bitch too much though...they've released 6 or 7 cds since 2002, and have at least one more scheduled for release before the new "official" release. Plus there are re-releases of four of their earlier albums coming up, and several solo and side projects have been released or re-released recently also. I was just looking forward to seeing them this fall. :(

Much more than you wanted to know, wasn't it? :huh:

Hehe, aw, it's okay :hug:.

I can understand regarding tours and stuff, too...a lot of my favorite artists are out on tour this year, too, but I haven't been able to see a single one of them. Why?

Because they either came near me already and I didn't get a chance at a ticket (like has been the case with U2) or was unable to go for some reason or other (there was one artist who came to northeastern Colorado last February. Not that far away from me, I could've gone there. Only problem was, the venue they were playing at was one where you had to be 21 or older. And I'm 20. Just one age shy of going there. I so can't wait for my birthday this year, LOL), or they're on tour now, but they're playing nowhere near me, instead they're on the completely opposite side of the world.

*Sighs* Hopefully both of us will have good chances at concerts within the next year. In the meantime, at least you've got all that music to listen to while waiting.

:up: to the mention of "Love Shack" made in this thread earlier, by the way.

My mom's got TV Land on now...the opening theme to "The Jeffersons" is playing right now, so that's what I'm listening to.

Angela

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom