Norah Jones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melon

ONE love, blood, life
What is your opinion of her and her music?

I find it interesting that she has a top-selling album, and she is barely mentioned anywhere.

I, myself, am in love with her album!

Melon

I see her mentioned all over the place. Magazine articles galore.

She's ok, not really my thing though.

I love her music. It's so great to study to, relax to, etc..

"Come Away With Me" is such a gorgeous song...and her voice just melts...she's much more talented than some of the other people nominated for grammies *ahemcoughcoughavrillavignecough*

You know, I really need to just go pick this album up. I see it and want it every time I go to a music store when I already have 2 other cds in my hand. I know I'd enjoy it, too....Well, maybe next time.

I have her cd.. "come away with me" is a beautiful song. I don't listen to it that often though.

It's jazz, not pop.
I like her. Bought her album last summer actually. She has the kind of sexy voice I wish I had.

I want to pick up her album sometime soon. I haven't heard much by her yet, so I can't comment on her album as a whole.

But I like the songs I have heard-I think she's good just from what I've heard thus far.

And it's really nice that she has the kind of voice that she does, 'cause I can sing along to her songs and actually sound somewhat decent while singing them, LOL.

So yeah...she's cool. I hope she wins a Grammy, that'd be great.

Angela

I think she has a beautiful, sexy, unique voice and I love her entire CD. She's got a very subtle style and her music is so relaxing. I don't agree that she's this year's Alicia Keys...she's much more talented. She'll be around for a while :yes:

alicia keys?!?!
WTF?!?

If shes anything she's this years Diana Krall

her voice is reason enough to buy the album

the songs are all nice little ditty's

brettig said:
I didn't mean her sound, I meant her rise to prominence + glut of Grammy noms.

That's what I thought you meant, and I completely agree.

It's a really nice CD. I avoided it for a while because I don't tend to trust music-industry hype these days, but I think she has a lovely voice. If she could pick up some more songwriting talent, she could be quite dangerous. Besides, the Grammys don't reward talent these days; they reward commercial success and then, if there's time ya know, talent. :rolleyes: I mean, if they actually recognized talent and quailty, there'd be a lot of artists nominated that most people have never heard of--which means no one would watch the telecast :)rolleyes: again), and there's no money in that.

How many Grammys, for example, has Beck been nominated for? Or PJ Harvey? Or (fill in awesome but underrecognized artist(s) here)?

Anyway, you'd do well to buy Come Away with Me. I'm listening to "Shoot the Moon" from it right now.

paxetaurora said:
Besides, the Grammys don't reward talent these days; they reward commercial success and then, if there's time ya know, talent. :rolleyes: I mean, if they actually recognized talent and quailty, there'd be a lot of artists nominated that most people have never heard of--which means no one would watch the telecast :)rolleyes: again), and there's no money in that.

How many Grammys, for example, has Beck been nominated for? Or PJ Harvey? Or (fill in awesome but underrecognized artist(s) here)?

Great, great, great points. I totally agree.

What meggy said. Shes great, and i like the jazz style of music. I only wish i had a voice and talent like her. But they are overplaying her 2 songs on the radio and I'm getting tired of those ones.

Sadly, i cant quite listen to her album and not want to take a nap, so i have been avoiding it other than a sleepy time CD.

I had the album before it was all over the airwaves - back when you could actually pick it up for $9! It's a really good album - very mellow jazz/pop - it's pretty much the ultimate "chill" cd. I read a quote by her saying how she thinks she sings too quietly on the album, and her next one may be a little more varied in styles. We'll see...

Diana Krall is excellent, as well, for anyone looking for a great voice backed by a more traditional jazz sound/style.

I have heard 2 of her songs on the radio in the past few days. The first ..here we go, my mum and I used to play and sing, so I sure enjoyed hearing that old song again.The second, the title track was on this morning,.I had a great time dancing to it, it's balletic, a waltz, floaty, good fun. I was thinking it sounds as though it would be nice evening music and dieman calls it "the ultimate chill CD", so one of these days...I will get it.
I'll have a crack at winning it when it is featured in our local gig guide. You never know your luck.
The title track, has the simplest sweetest lyric and I like the guitar sound that guy was getting, reminded me of Willie a tad.

I definitely want this album

I heard "feeling the same way again" on the radio last night...it's all about bass....imho. Nice sound.

There was a comedy skit on the radio this morning about the pirate CD industry, suggesting an IRA/mafia link...hmmmm.
The presenter played U2's "The Sweetest Thing " at the next opportunity.
The local ABC radio station here, love Norah I'm pleased to say.
Her album went considerably higher on my wish-list after hearing yet another beautiul song.

Back
Top Bottom