Norah Jones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Snore-a :yawn: I just find her very boring, uninteresting, nothing special, and since the Grammys, ridiculously overrated.

I've only heard her single, but as U2Kitten says, it was completely yawnworthy. Joni Mitchell could have come up with 20 melodies better than that in one night's sleep.

Until recently, I only knew her because her ablum has been selling like hotcakes for the past year on the Billboard 200. I could be wrong, but the Grammy's was the first time I listened to her stuff, I think. That should tell you something about the radio stations in my area. I live in area that sticks to Teen Pop, Old Country, early 80s metal. Somehow U2 gets their airplay but it sometimes takes a while. Does she have a video that gets played on MTV and VH1? I don't think I have seen it. Then again, those stations mysteriously do not play video's much anymore.

STING2 said:
Does she have a video that gets played on MTV and VH1? I don't think I have seen it. Then again, those stations mysteriously do not play video's much anymore.

I've never seen a Norah Jones video on MTV, but VH1 plays Don't Know Why pretty often.

I've only heard Don't Know Why, haven't heard the other single (don't even know the title) .. she seems OK, not terrific, but I'll keep an open mind.

I've only heard her single, and I'm not at all impressed by it. Maybe if I knew someone who had the album, I'd borrow it. If not, I don't know if I'll ever get into her.

A nice thing happened

Hub heard one of the teachers at work using the Norah Jones CD in a lesson...so he made me a copy. I've listened to it all, I love it. There are moments when she reminds me of other singers, just momentarily, Janis Joplin in Turn me On and Jennifer Warnes at times. I think Come Away With me is a divine sweet song and the last 3 would be nice to end the day with.
It may be a bit late, and hopefully those wholove her know. She is on the Michael Parkinson show tonight. I hope she sings as well as be interviewed. 9.30 ABC. A treat. I'll listen to her songs often I think. I like her band too.
I think she might have a song on Rage tonight too. Alice In Chains are programming tonight( bands from the BDO) I hope OzAurora knows about that one. I saw a new silverchair film clip this morning on Rage, rather intense. I'm trying to keep the excitement level down
But Norah, she is beautiful, I love her music.

I think she is quite over rated! She's talented and I like some of her songs but I couldn't listen to her album for very long! It's nice background music!

a bit more notice this time....if any Aussie's who also like Norah should wander by...
ABC "Arts On Sunday " program will feature a documentary about Ravi Shankar, followed by Norah Jones in concert. I presume it will be a replay of the one they ran after U2/Slane on Christmas day. I missed that, so I'm pleased for the second chance.
She appeared nervous on the Parkinson show. She only performed, she wasn't interviewed.
Her music is time and place specific I think. At the right time...perfect. Some tracks are nice to dance to imho. That cymbal splash in the one that sounds like a tango...makes me smile every time:)

btw..I heard another Nick Cave song yesterday, nice piano.

Back
Top Bottom