Nobber, County Meath, Ireland, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"i actually like this cover better than the original. they put the sorrow and grief of that day into the song. the song is slow and the lyrics are clear. u2 is great but they didn't capture it, it was sorta like they were going ahead of the lyrics and they were toooo loud. she makes the point with her slow and clear voice.
great cover. she really captures the sorrow of that day. "

Guys apparently U2 are tooooo loud :lol:

"i actually like this cover better than the original. they put the sorrow and grief of that day into the song. the song is slow and the lyrics are clear. u2 is great but they didn't capture it, it was sorta like they were going ahead of the lyrics and they were toooo loud. she makes the point with her slow and clear voice.
great cover. she really captures the sorrow of that day. "

:lol:

Most people really don't seem to, mostly because they do what others before them have.

Ah, the hallmark of a true Superthreader ... or a very bored man. Hey Andrew! :wave:

Well it's on my laptop using my own internet service provider... but they said I wasn't allowed to anymore because they don't wanna be responsible if my computer is stolen. Anyway, my break's over now. :wave:

Yeah. Lennon did have a song called Sunday Bloody Sunday before U2. Some Time In New York album.

And Stiff Little Fingers have a song called Bloody Sunday as well; are they all covers of the same song? :ohmy:

Cool. :up: Best live band I've ever seen was Mute Math.

I've never really listened to Mute Math much

But I saw Subways live at a festival; they opened a stage; they were pretty than a lot of other stuff there

:lol: I should send that person some brutal death metal or something.

"who was the girl? and how can i talk to you with out pressing reply?? And who is U2? And also isn't bloody a british word or something? I was scared to ask my teacher what bloody sunday is because she might be mad if it is something bad."

okay...

That has GOT to be a parody.

At least, it better fuckin' be.

Some people are so stupid it's funny

And seriously? Wow sucks for her :wink:

Judging by my school's battle of the bands I doubt I've gone to school with any future stars

Although one was a better good song writer and one band had good stage presence excluding the fact the mic didn't work :lol:

Ha.

Yeah, they were a few years above her so she never knew them personally. But still I was apparently not allowed to insult them in her presence! Too bad for her; I did anyway. Hell, she'd been with me long enough to know that I don't believe in muzzling opinions.

I'm positive my school won't produce any famous rock musicians either, though we did have one guy who was going places with the saxophone and I hope he's still doing well with that. I won't be shocked if some folk achieve at least some success with acting, though.

Cool. :up: Best live band I've ever seen was Mute Math.

Best I've seen is probably Porcupine Tree, but it's a close thing. If I had only seen the Melbourne and/or Sydney shows, I probably wouldn't say they're the outright best, just one of the top three and a contender for the top spot. But Brisbane fucking blew me away. I was on a high for a bloody week after that show.

Well it's on my laptop using my own internet service provider... but they said I wasn't allowed to anymore because they don't wanna be responsible if my computer is stolen. Anyway, my break's over now. :wave:

Ahh, right. See you later! :wave:

Ha.

Yeah, they were a few years above her so she never knew them personally. But still I was apparently not allowed to insult them in her presence! Too bad for her; I did anyway. Hell, she'd been with me long enough to know that I don't believe in muzzling opinions.

I'm positive my school won't produce any famous rock musicians either, though we did have one guy who was going places with the saxophone and I hope he's still doing well with that. I won't be shocked if some folk achieve at least some success with acting, though.

I'd honestly laugh if someone from my school ended up famous

And if someone did it would probably be one of the talentless guys I never noticed :lol:

I'd honestly laugh if someone from my school ended up famous

And if someone did it would probably be one of the talentless guys I never noticed :lol:

I can't wait for my school's ten year reunion just to see what's happened to everybody and whether the go-nowhere slobs have failed at life as badly as I expect they will. :laugh:

Have a good night! :wave:

And Stiff Little Fingers have a song called Bloody Sunday as well; are they all covers of the same song? :ohmy:

I've never really listened to Mute Math much

But I saw Subways live at a festival; they opened a stage; they were pretty than a lot of other stuff there

Well, I know that U2 and Paramore did the U2 version. I don't know if Stiff Little Fingers did the Lennon version, the U2 version, or their own. Mute Math's records don't do them justice live.

Best I've seen is probably Porcupine Tree, but it's a close thing. If I had only seen the Melbourne and/or Sydney shows, I probably wouldn't say they're the outright best, just one of the top three and a contender for the top spot. But Brisbane fucking blew me away. I was on a high for a bloody week after that show.

The best single concert I saw live was on May 11th, 2003, by a band called Loudermilk. It was the last show on their tour, the singer had lost his voice (though he sounded exactly as he did on the album), and someone had just stolen their van with all their guitar pedals in it. They played their entire album backward (not the music itself, but the tracklisting), and it was brilliant. They quickly became my favourite band--then they became a band called Gosling, which was also my favourite band. Then Gosling (which was just as good as Loudermilk live) broke up. Damn shame.

I really dig my new-ish headphones, too. Gotta love the kind that completely surrounds the ears. Also useful as earmuffs.

The best single concert I saw live was on May 11th, 2003, by a band called Loudermilk. It was the last show on their tour, the singer had lost his voice (though he sounded exactly as he did on the album), and someone had just stolen their van with all their guitar pedals in it. They played their entire album backward (not the music itself, but the tracklisting), and it was brilliant. They quickly became my favourite band--then they became a band called Gosling, which was also my favourite band. Then Gosling (which was just as good as Loudermilk live) broke up. Damn shame.

Wow, that sounds like quite the gig. :ohmy:

The best shows I've seen are Explosions In The Sky, two U2 gigs (one in Boston where I was front row and the Auckland one they closed with One Tree Hill), and the aforementioned three Porcupine Tree gigs (given how amazing Brisbane, the last of the three, was, I have to wonder just how good they are when they've got everything nailed after touring for a month or two - the three Aussie shows were in total isolation, months after anything else).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom